Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone posted that JA is now in her cell for 23 hours/day and no more interviews.....did something change because the other night Sheriff Arpaio sad he has open door policy and inmates can give interviews...I wonder if anyone can explain? tia

I think the answer is in his comment "I have nothing to hide." Sherif Arpaio has been the subject of criticism and praise for his harsh prison ways. He maintains his position and counters critics by saying that he doesn't coddle prisoners, that it's punishment. He gave Jodi Arias permission to conduct all those interviews to prove that he is fair and is denying no one access to the opportunity to express themselves BECAUSE he has been accused of abuse.

Now he's being accused in the other direction, so he has to respond accordingly.

JMO

after some time away doing mundane things.....

I know some are upset and feel that only after 14 hrs or so they gave up....on the surface, it seems that way.

but I truly believe that someone on that jury told the others: "I absolutely refuse to budge and give her the DP". and the other jurors absolutely refused to give her life (which is good because they truly believed she deserved to die based on the horrific thing she did). so with the hold out, there was nothing else for them to do. I bet they talked till they were blue in the face. I bet they got angry, maybe yelled, cried, and pleaded. there are some things that you cannot change people's mind on...and I believe that was the case. did that juror(s) lie on their form way back when? maybe. maybe not. did Jodi manipulate that juror(s) so well like she has done so many others? maybe. maybe not. but that juror(s) were not budging no matter what the others said....no matter what they witnessed in the trial. they were firmly planted in their verdict.

I find it courageous that the jurors who refused to go for a lesser sentence held their ground. I am very disappointed that the juror(s) that believed she deserved life did not see that she deserved death resulting in the situation we have now. but at least there is a 2nd chance she will get the DP.

im mostly upset for the alexander family that they will continue to suffer. it is hard not to be mad at the jury (I get that) when you know the family is severely suffering. not just upset like us, but in some dire straights....but hopefully people will throw whatever they can at the alexander family in way of support including financially so that they can get through this as best as they can.

there IS still hope she will be put to death. there really is....

They just showed her exiting the paddy wagon and going into the jail. In her stripped suit. She tried to hide her face with her envelope. That was on DD.

Jodi arias tried to hide her FACE?? Man, that's a first.

Must be all puffy from crying.

i was at the casey anthony hearing decision and was stunned. i must say i am double stunned at this. yet, she did get 1st degree murder. shes not going anywhere but jail. if the sherrif says no more interviews it takes away her movie star image she thinks she has. after swearing at the tv i have calmed down. a new jury will more than likely be people who will see the missing things the first jurors missed. i do believe anyone they get will already have an opinion on death or life. they could do this over and over and get stubborn jurors who will not budge on their belief/ that could be good or hung again. more than one person on that juror is feeling the pain of being the one who caused this . the travis family wanted it over . we all did. we know she got murder one and the rest will follow, i do not know why this happened this way .i believe it must have a reason but god knows i will question gods reason. too sad- its not a verdict . maybe judge should decide and say forget the jurors. travis family need prayers. how much more can they handle? may god bless them

I personally feel that judges should always decide the sentences. Asking people to decide somebody else's life or death is WAY too much to ask. It's an incredibly unfair burden, and we see it time and time again with juries that they just can't do it. And those who do, have to live with the trauma of that decision for the rest of their lives.

Egads, just saw a commercial on HLN for the Trayvon Martin trial...I don't think that it's even remotely possible for me to watch and remain sane after this. I'll be the one doing headstands in the interrogation room....

Now they're getting grandma's lecture about flies, honey and vinegar .. :floorlaugh:

OH! I know that one. You can find more honey with a fly soaked in vinegar...no, that's not it...A fly in honey can substitute for vinegar, saw that on Martha Stewart.... nope.... Honeys in vinegar are fly, think I heard that on In Living Color....can't be it...wait... you can atrract more vinegar with a fly dipped in honey .... What was the question?

I will give my two cents, knowing that there are other lawyers on this thread who practice criminal law and will correct me if I am wrong. But, this is what I see:

1. Jodi is on lock down, no interviews, while this drags on. That appears to be the same as if she is on death row. This could go on for an extended period due to the next phase.

2. Juan and his office (with input from the family) can offer a plea of life in prison if she gives up her appeals. This would be huge if accepted. Waiving appeals would get us farther than life would have gotten us today.

3. It may take a while, but I believe there are many, many people who are not familiar with this case. Not in that immediate area, but as many others have pointed out, some people have never heard of it.

4. This is not a win for the defense. Even if there is a plea bargain, this is no win for the defense. They are at the mercy of the prosecutors. Even if Wilmot and Nurmi get to leave, JA will be forced, with other lawyers, to move forward if the prosecution decides. I personally believe it would be harder to find a lawyer to accept her case than it would be to find a jury who would hear it.

5. God has a purpose. I know this. The Alexander family will need our prayers and our help, but there is a purpose here. I am so grateful that, whatever the deadlock, it didn't happen until now. THAT IS HUGE. I would much rather have a mistrial now than on any verdict prior to this. She is convicted. That part is done. That is a huge blessing. The same individuals who couldn't agree here could have held out then. That did not happen. Sometimes instead of looking at what has been taken away, we must remember what we have been given. What was given to the Alexanders is huge. They saw this through to her conviction. At this point, other decisions may need to be made. But, she is convicted and MOST IMPORTANTLY Travis' name has been cleared. There is no doubt about that and that is worth more than anything, even JA's death for her crime.

This jury has been a blessing. There is a purpose in this part as well. This will be alright and it will turn out for the greatest good - whatever that may be. I have no doubt there are angels watching over the Alexanders, on earth and in heaven. They are special people. Let us not forget them in our prayers in the months to come. Circle the wagons! - A Mormon pioneer saying :)

Thank you for that.

No matter what she is still guilty. That does not change.

I feel sorry for the Jurors, especially the ones who knew, when they read and see what Jodi really done and lied about with Travis Alexander. Shame on the system that lets the victim not have a voice and be slandered only because they are dead and cannot speak for themselves. Does anyone truly believe that Travis Alexander knew he was being taped in that sex call? what was that, what did you say?

Travis Alexander should have documented, called the police --each and every time Jodi entered his house without permission, broke or hacked into his accounts, stole from him, slashed his tires repeatedly, his friends tires, blackmailed him, physically abused him, (and she did). Travis Alexander, a domestic violence victim that did NOT survive.

As a society we are woefully behind in reporting and accepting the domestic abuse of men.
After listening to Chris and Skye Hughes talk about how kind Travis was and how he wanted to help Jodi I wonder if it ever entered his mind that he truly was a domestic abuse victim.

Keep your fingers crossed. Beth Karas is checking to see if she can be on my radio show Sunday. I will keep you posted .

Earlier I was questioning the judge's decision to lift the ban on interviews while the penalty phase was in deliberations. I still question it. I tend to think that Sheriff Joe may have had an ulterior motive for allowing them once the judge lifted the ban.

You have to admit - her depravity was on full display for everyone to see. There is a treasure trove of issues in those interviews, if this phase is retried and JM gets to use some of those clips, there should be no doubt to a jury of reasonable people that this little murderer has nothing of value to offer this world or anyone present in it, and has no redeeming qualities in spite of Wilmott guilting the jury.

Hello dear friend,

Oh, while my heart is in such pain for the Alexanders tonight...and tomorrow...and the next day...

I'm going to counter that pain with the thought of Juan strategizing on how to approach this again - and using her "new" videos! OMG, I am soooo going to watch every single one of them over the weekend, thinking of what parts may be used in the next go-round. :rockon: Thanks, Jodi! :drumroll:

I didnt say worse than the Pinellas 12. I said I was more disappointed in this jury. That was my heat of the moment comment.

You really can't even compare the two. There was loads of evidence at the Arizona crime scene, hair, prints in blood at the scene, pictures of the crime scene almost as it happened, prisoner #2013 admitted to killing Travis. It was a no brainier. The Fl. jury didn't even have a cause of death. You can't convict someone of murder, if you don't know how the victim died.

I didnt say worse than the Pinellas 12. I said I was more disappointed in this jury. That was my heat of the moment comment.

I just don't think you can compare the two. The Pinellas 12 set Caylee's killer FREE. How does that compare with this jury, that voted unanamously for GUILTY VERDICT of premeditated Murder One?

In a couple of weeks, most people won't care what JA's up to. She'll be a footnote at the end of newscasts and most of all, she won't have her face on TV every day; won't get to request makeup for interviews and HLN won't talk about her nightly tweets. She will hate that with a passion.

Honestly, I could absolutely care less what the mother thinks or feels, and am sick to the point of vomiting having to hear more excuses or lies from any Arias about why they didn't do the right or decent thing. STFU, all of them.

I totally agree and find what she says totally unbelievable. It was obvious by tweets that attempts were made to notify her.

My mind is a little foggy... Can't remember the name of the medical examiner...:heartbeat:

...hey ladies we will see him again!!! :crush:

I hope Juan Martinez immediately gets copies of each and every media interview this vile convicted murderer gave during her recent media blitz.

Those interviews are a treasure trove toward hopefully achieving a death sentence in the next penalty trial.

Especially the one in which she said they were making chit chat during the shower, and his anger "was not instantaneous" after she "dropped the camera" -it developed over several minutes!?!? Direct contradiction to her version of events.

I personally feel that judges should always decide the sentences. Asking people to decide somebody else's life or death is WAY too much to ask. It's an incredibly unfair burden, and we see it time and time again with juries that they just can't do it. And those who do, have to live with the trauma of that decision for the rest of their lives.

I feel in my gut this judge doesn't like her at all. I believe that she is a fair and unbiased judge, but she's still human. If it does end up in her lap, I believe she would give her LWOP, for sure. She was the presiding judge when Jodi pulled her little "I want to represent myself" stunt, and from what I saw of that video, she was none too pleased with the defendant. I would feel okay if Stephens ends up sentencing her.

I could argue it either way. Life or death.

Have you ever watched a women's prison documentary? Jodi actually does have much to offer the prison population. Just the fact she can read and teach others to...is huge when so many inmates cant, inmates that one day WILL be out.

Does it out weight the aggravating factors?
That's up to the individual jurors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, Linda, I just love you. You are one smart lady and have a knack for tailoring hysteria down to common sense. You rock.

You might not if you lived here .. we've had so many rulings where judges have given convicted murderers and rapists ridiculously light sentences .. it's not the best solution by a long shot .. I'm glad the jury has more of a voice in the US.

You really can't even compare the two. There was loads of evidence at the Arizona crime scene, hair, prints in blood at the scene, pictures of the crime scene almost as it happened, prisoner #2013 admitted to killing Travis. It was a no brainier. The Fl. jury didn't even have a cause of death. You can't convict someone of murder, if you don't know how the victim died.

Yup-which is why I am MORE disappointed in the TA Jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member