DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
8 to 4. death vs life.

i'm shocked there were 4.

wow.

HLN says juror breakdown 8 for death 4 for life

Ponytail had the options of being taking away from the court house like all the others did and have been doing. He chose not to and instead to walk right in front of all the media, down the street, pick up a bus pass and take the bus. I do not blame the media for speaking to him and honestly I felt JVM was decent to him. She apologized at almost every question in case he felt it was innapropriate and then asked it. She didn't push it and went onto another.

If this guy wanted to be left alone and just go home he could have done so with the rest but by doing what he has done the entire world now know what he looks like and probably where he lives since he could have easily been followed.

I'm not trying to take one side or the other, it's just silly to expect the world to ignore him when his choice was to show the world his face directly out of the court room and right past the media.

ITA - You get what you give.

moo

8-4 - 8 in favor of death..I am surprised there was 4 opposed to death. I really thought it would be one maybe 2 holdouts max.

Vinnie just gave breakdown
8 for death
4 for life

It was just announced 8 to 4 death to life.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Jury breakdown according to HLN: 8 for death -- 4 for life sentence

From Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Twitter feed a couple of hours ago:

Joe Arpaio ‏@RealSheriffJoe 2h
Arias is returning to Estrella Jail and will remain closed custody. No more interviews for her.

Ok .. I'm going to play devils advocate, so please don't stone me to death ..

Mitigators could be: the text Travis sent Jodi calling her a sociopath, or her BPD or other aspects of their interaction for example .. the jury wasn't limited to mitigators put on by the defence at the end, they could take in the whole trial .. they were also instructed that voting for death was a personal decision .. they really don't have to give an answer at all, just that personally they thought that was the right sentence.

I'll play. I could see any of the below going through a juror's mind.

She's young, still has a chance to turn her life around and at least contribute in jail.

She doesn't seem to understand she's on trial for her life, her behavior is weird, I think she's mentally ill.

She's obviously isolated -- no one has spoken for her, even her family is off -- maybe she never had a chance to grow into a healthy adult. I can't give her the DP when her parents created her.

She's a vicious ***** who enjoys the limelight, I'll not give her the DP and deprive her of the spotlight the appeals will give her.

If I give her life it will at least end the ordeal for the Alexander's. Given all the death sentences being overturned maybe the DP will actually prolong their agony they have suffered enough.

I wanted murder 2 but compromised and gave in to Murder 1. I will now not give her death for a verdict I didn't really agree with.

I am surprised the jury was so split. I thought it would have been more for death.

Ponytail had the options of being taking away from the court house like all the others did and have been doing. He chose not to and instead to walk right in front of all the media, down the street, pick up a bus pass and take the bus. I do not blame the media for speaking to him and honestly I felt JVM was decent to him. She apologized at almost every question in case he felt it was innapropriate and then asked it. She didn't push it and went onto another.

If this guy wanted to be left alone and just go home he could have done so with the rest but by doing what he has done the entire world now know what he looks like and probably where he lives since he could have easily been followed.

I'm not trying to take one side or the other, it's just silly to expect the world to ignore him when his choice was to show the world his face directly out of the court room and right past the media.

i think so too i know emotions are flying high right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo