Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jurors who held tight to NO DP might have thought that death is too easy for her with hardly no suffering- is that a possibility?

Rotting in a cell 23 hours a day may be what they had in mind- we just don't know what they felt about their decision~

I'm very sad for the Alexander family and hope they can find some peace knowing that she got M1. Whatever they decide to do in the next few months they have the support of thousands around the world.

Bless their hearts, those faces tell a story of so much grief going down that long road only to be slapped with more road blocks. Its a shame.

My apologies if this was already posted..The view Jodi didn't want anyone to see. She asked all news stations to film her from the waist up.

773378986.jpg

This infuriates me.

Yes, but sheriff joe said still in estrella jail....why isn't she being put in max security prison?? Her conviction on M1 has already been give...I don't undertsand this.

Well she has not been sentenced and perhaps it is easier on Jail to transport from county..and DOC would be responsible for her welfare if she goes to the BIG HOUSE ....I am just guessing here

Is "she" on lockdown for 23 hours until July?

Dont believe anything the sheriff says. He said jodi was a model prisoner. This was said by him a few months after HLN obtained a list of the trouble jodi has been in. Lets start with fighting. She said it was self defense. Then refusing to go back to her cell when told to. Hiding pens in her cell. She probably stole them from Wilmer in court. She hid fungus cream. They dont know where she got it from. Jodi is the one who stopped the interviews. She found out they could be used against her.

No the day that Casey Anthony was set free justice died. At least Jodi is still sitting in jail tonight. Casey is still free to kill again.

Pffft.. Way before that with the OJ verdict!
And many more after.
This is a first degree murder with aggravatiors. It's a great verdict, nothing died today. The system worked today. No matter what, Jodi will die in prison ONLY difference ...if she knows the date she's to die or not,
That's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:twocents:

Kudo's to the 8 jurors who voted for DP !

As to the 4 jurors who voted for life : either they lied about being able to vote for the DP -- or -- they "bought" Jodi's "dog and powerpoint show" ...

These 4 obviously bought into her lies, and may have been influenced by her family members who were brought into the courtroom as her "props" ...

Telling that the convicted murderer's famliy was no where around today ... :doh: they were no longer needed ...

Despicable ...

:banghead:

I am baffled, stunned beyond words that her little dog and pony show appears to be what split this jury....they all voted it was cruel and something changed 4 people to spare her death.....they followed their feelings not what should have happened.

The scariest part is with the "life" sentence the Judge decides if it is with or without parole.

Was so hoping this Jury would have gotten justice for Travis, and helped to end their nightmare. And as you said, JA would be gone away, forever.
I'm not that worried. I've gotten the impression that the judge thinks she is guilty and would have no problem imposing LWOP for Jodi.

I'm going to hang in there for whatever comes next in this trial, I just have to see it through!
Turning off the 'puter to decompress and then I'll be lurking WS's tomorrow to catch another trial, or maybe not, but I will be here to watch the end of CMja/#2013. I just hope HLN stays the h e double toothpicks away from Arizona.
:truce:

Probably find me at the "Sidebar" thread..........:rockon:

WOW. Obviously there was at least one juror who lied on the juror questionnaire about being able to vote for the death penalty.

If JA isn't a candidate for the DP I don't know who would be?

From Sheriff Joe:

Joe Arpaio ‏@RealSheriffJoe 22 May Some of u r mad about the jodi arias interviews. Pls Understand: We can't step on her 1st amendment rights. We allowed them & now - no more.

So they can't step on her 1st amendment rights then, but now they can??

Watch for more JA interviews coming to a station near you. :sick:

She have the right to peaceably assemble too? No? That's 1st amendment also. Sheesh, this sheriff couldn't resist injecting himself in a high publicity situ - letting her do those interviews jeopardizes the penalty phase re-trial. Nice going. What next, that AZ governor going to pardon her?

I am baffled, stunned beyond words that her little dog and pony show appears to be what split this jury....they all voted it was cruel and something changed 4 people to spare her death.....they followed their feelings not what should have happened.
Sure hope they get to see her post-conviction interviews and if that would have changed their feelings...

Maybe he's a free spirit? Maybe he had had enough of his fellow jurors and didn't want to ride the bus with them? Maybe he didn't really think it through or realize that the media would be pouncing on him? Who knows. I don't feel sorry for him. He made the choice to walk out on his own and get his own bus. He should know by now that the media are like vultures and would be after him.

Maybe he was just disgusted with the lot of them.

The Alexander's have a civil lawyer, Jay Beckstead, he did a presser and announced that he would be filing a wrongful death lawsuit.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22198551/alexander-family-to-file-wrongful-death-suit-against-jodi-arias

In the civil suit, she will not have a public defender. She will have to pay for one or act as her own attorney. Of course there will be no Juan Martinez:( She may even represent herself. If called to the witness stand, she will have to answer questions too. I just hope they take her down to her last pair of stained underwear.

The next round will be harder for Jodi IMO because the verdict has been reached .. on mitigation they're going to have to try and get in the abuse allegations / the pedo bs / the BPD and keep out the interviews and stalking if they're going to win ..

Does the new jury get to hear live testimony, or just a highlight reel of past testimony on YouTube?

Can you cut and paste it here pretty please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
A message to you, from juror 17:

Hello all! I was sent to this page thanks to a friend of mine now that I am able to see and hear things! I was juror 17 and later on I was chosen as an alternate. I was so disappointed and upset to hear my number called after all the time and work I put into this trial! Today was a hard day for the jury but it was also a very hard day for me!! To say I am devastated is an understatement! I feel so much pain that I can't even begin to imagine what Travis's family is feeling! Although today's outcome wasn't what I wanted and probably most of you as well, I just ask that you remember we are all human and no matter which juror voted which way, it was a very hard decision for all of them! I want to send my love and prayers to Travis's family and I really hope they get the right outcome next time!!!

Take heart and Remember -- "The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path."

Glad some of the posters here aren't the ones walking the path.

See, ponytail could have taken this bus and went home with out being "bothered" by the media. I still don't get why he walked right out, right by the media then of all things, bought a bus pass and waited for the bus.

This jury has me stumped the more this goes on.

I think maybe he was disgusted with everything & everyone. He may have just wanted to get away from this group of people he'd been trapped with.

Random thought.....

Did I read earlier here that the cells at the jail (or was it Perryville?) were covered in cockroaches?

Can you imagine being trapped in a cage with cockroaches crawling around? OMG!

I wonder how much of a smirk that will bring to CKJA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89