Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry but I just saw an interview where the interviewer asks her should public be afraid if she gets out on prison..and her answer was as long as no one abuses me or yells at me .so doesn't that mean she could kill again ? and this was after found guilty of first decree murder..i seating here and really just cant believe what I heard .these juriors really got it wrong ,so wrong.

Well, there's one good thing to come of this- I get to spend more time with you great people.

Remember that video of Jodi in the interrogation room eating a sandwich? It sure looked like that was not the most appetizing sandwich on the face of the earth.

Tonight for dinner I made myself a large salad with fresh veggies, a hard-boiled egg, flavored croutons, and a great vinaigrette dressing. What did you have for dinner tonight? How about last night?

Tomorrow evening I am going out to my favorite local steakhouse. I will have a petite filet mignon along with a lobster tail. Caesar salad. Baked potato. Fresh green beans. Yum, yum.

Along with a host of other of life's simple pleasures, Jodi Arias will never, ever experience a wonderfully cooked, succulent steak dinner for the entire rest of her life.

Re: The 8 for death, 4 for life
I think these 8 jurors wanted to make their statement on what they thought of Jodi Arias. And that's why they were NOT willing to change over to Life.

While I'm sorry there was no verdict, I can understand these 8 jurors wanting their vote to be known.

...they were glad to get away from her! J/k no reliable sources yet Donavan said they weren't told the verdict was in just that there was another jury question

But like NG said, they were CALLED to the courthouse. What did they think they were here for, a family vacay? The Alexander family were there promptly, just like they've been every single day of this trial. Her family doesn't come across as all that invested JMOO. Their "attendance" (other than mama Arias) has been pretty sporadic. Steven, Samantha, Tanisha, Hillary and the rest of the family and supporters have been front and center every single day of this trial. They bring with them a dignity and presence that speaks to their character. Her family brings in your face insults like the DV ribbon pins, and the "stupid sister" wearing one of the CM's "Survivor" t-shirts. Class act.

I know that some will strongly disagree with me, but I am thankful that none of her family got up and spoke on her behalf. They don't seem to be any more remorseful than she is about what she's done. I might give her Dad a pass, because he really seemed to be pained over the whole thing (but not enough to show up more than two or three times in five months of trial). I saw her BFF PW shooting the prosecutor the bird in court, her mother and aunt giggling like they were at a church social, her sister making faces during the prosecutor's final arguments, and their lack of any kind of empathy for the family of the victim that their precious daughter/sister/neice/whatever brutally slaughtered and slandered with not a shred of remorse. There's really nothing they could say that would make me feel any differently about where I want CMja to end up.

It's been a tough day. I'm a bit angry about the verdict, and I'm pizzed that the family has to endure what will likely be months more of her bullchit and nonsense.

Glad I have you guys to vent along with. otherwise I might lose my noodle!

BBM:

Completely agree that some jurors could have been troubled by Jodi's mental health issues--those that were diagnosed and brought out in court (BPD and Samuels' unspecified PD)and those that weren't. Those on the side of life didn't give Jodi a pass on the mental health issues when it came to rendering the first-degree murder conviction or the finding of especially cruel, however it's possible they couldn't get past the notion that whatever is wrong with her contributed to her actions. One or more could have also believed that she suffered abuse at some point in her life--I'm not saying they believed that Travis abused her--perhaps they felt there was some abuse and neglect on the part of her parents that also contributed to her actions. The fact that Jodi had no one--no family, no friends, no one at all--stand up for her during mitigation may have consciously or unconsciously impacted them. We won't know what really happened in the jury room until one or more of them speaks out. I'm interested to see if the jury was split along gender lines (not convinced it was) and what the sticking points were for those in the minority.

Bolded - I thought at the time that this was a conscious move on the part of the DT to gain sympathy.
Also, having no family stand up for her BUT having them present in the court. Seen to be doing the bare minimum.

I've had the misery of knowing two people like Jodi. It was morbid fascination and familiarity that drew me to this case. The jury have not had the benefit of seeing all the extra bits and pieces that we've been privy to. It's incredibly frustrating to see people taken in by her shenanigans.

To make matters worse, it is very rare to find this personality type in a female. Almost exclusively, it affects males (sorry guys). This is not mental illness. This is a very machiavellian character type.

I think the defense will use BPD in the retrial and Juan will be powerless to rebut it because it was his theory in the first place.

It's basically over. There will be a settlement. The prosecution gave it their best shot, and that's all they can do. MOO.

Originally Posted by GoAskAllie
What is most puzzling to me is the knee-jerk and
UNPROVEN assumption by some folks that one or more
of the jurors deliberately misrepresented themselves
during voir dire or purposely held out or refused to
deliberate. At this point, it's nothing more than
unfounded and unfair speculation.
While it may be the opinion of some to be unfounded, unfair, and a "knee jerk" reaction I can state with absolute certainty that it is in no way a "knee jerk" reactionary opinion and in fact has been discussed as a very realistic possibility long before today's unfortunate non-verdict was announced.

I am one of those who have posed this exact opinion days prior and even reiterated my opinion of this realistic possibility as recently as last night. It is not knee-jerk, and for me it is in no way bashing this jury. Its a realistic possibility that some of us have discussed long before today.

Is it a known fact?.. Obviously not and I have never even implied or alluded to it being fact, but what it is, is a very much valid opinion, as well as it is a very much realistic possibility.. an opinion and possibility that was not formed as a knee-jerk reaction to today's non-verdict announcement.

As always Jmo, tho!

Notice jane velez mitchell harrassing him- I cannot stand HLN. I hope they get sued and taken off the air

OMG!! I cna't believe the media had the nerve to do that! I kept expecting the guy to reach out and punch someone.

OMG...they really need to lay off.

The TH's are saying that the supreme court would throw it out if the prosecution retries the guilt phase. Is this true? If so, why have that be a law in the first place?

Maybe JA was crying today because her fate is now in JM and Travis' family's hands, if they want to retry and go for DP, they can. If they want to take DP off the table and she's sentenced to LWOP, they can, it's all up to them now, and that must really grate on her need for control.

Why does everyone on websleuths defend HLn? do you think this is decent? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhiT2X0J0Cc&feature=youtu.be

jane velez mitchell is harassing this guy!

I agree her behaviour was disgusting. And this has nothing to do with her....but what was that juror thinking of going in the area where the press was where he could be seen when the rest of the jury were on the bus where they were not near anyone. He must have wanted some of that attention or he wouldn't have done that jmho.

JMO
After reading the processes, I am more convinced we wont get to see a 2nd try. The DA said he will assess where to go from here. One option he has is to not pursue a 2nd try and just give it to the judge to decde either LWOP or LWP. I am betting he will choose to save a ton of money and just give it to the judge. Especially since the vote was 8-4.

I am sure his department has had a lot of letters complaining about the cost of this trial and I see no way that he will spend a ton more money and possibly get the same outcome as just giving it to the judge.

It sounded like to me that the family has no choice in the matter.

Fixing to go to sleep but remember CMA absolutely slashed the throat of this good looking man...And she even was convicted of planning to do so! Maybe another juror pool will get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie