Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TO be fair, I don't know if he said Little girl or little woman or something... But IT is true that most the reported say in person she is very slight and so them already imagining a woman could do this, and then a pretty woman and then a small slight one, I think was hard for him.

XXXXXXX TO CLARIFY! HE said.. " Young Woman" Not little girl.. That was my interpretation and what I remembered but I was wrong.

Just wanted to clarify.. I just listened again and it is his tone about her that I think made me think about his answer that way. My bad.

You're right Scarlett, I just listened for myself and he did not use the term "little girl." He referred to JA as a young woman. I actually went back and deleted my original post... I should have listened for myself before responding - sorry :blushing:

I don't think she was crying. I did not see crying it sounded like she was just trying to find the right words.

She did awesome. Nothing in this case will be reversed because of the DT not getting what they needed for a fair trial.

JSS seemed to break up a bit seeing both jurors and TA's family crying.

Really?? Because if it was not for the media, We would not get any information about this case. We would not be notified of verdicts or anything..

I think that people like to blame the media, But watch and use them when it works for them.

THIS IS THEIR JOB! That is what they are there for to bring us information..

Some are better than others, but it is their job.

The only issue I have with the media is them hounding that one juror (I think I saw it on CNN) as he's walking away. These people didn't ask to be involved in this, they are just doing their civic duty and how many times does one have to say 'no comment' before you stop harrassing the guy.

Everyone is upset and on edge after yesterday's deadlock.

I would just caution that pot-stirrers will likely log on to rile up the boards.
If what they are saying appears to be only to get a reaction, cause confusion over what was truly said/done, or just plain pizz people off - just scroll past it.

Don't let yourselves be upset by someone if you believe they are only in the discussion to upset you or manipulate you into an endless, circular debate. It just isn't worth it.

Hang in there board buddies. The jury has only had a few hours to hear all they have missed. Remember - they could only base their opinions on the limited amount they were allowed to hear while in the jury box!

I think it was really obvious they were going to have issues with disagreement when the question went to the judge on Wednesday and she gave them the Allen charge. They already knew at that point that there were some that were pretty firm on life. So if you take that into account, they tried for a day and a half to convince everyone to agree and it wasn't happening. I applaud them for at least making an attempt to come to an agreement.

I posed the question yesterday and I'll ask again, it was the other way around, 8-4 in favor of life, would you still have an issue with the deadlock or would you applaud those who stood by their convictions?

Personally for me.....I think when they went to the judge with their question it was way too early in the ball game. They had just received the case the evening prior, was told to set a schedule and then to go over the jury instructions. The next morning they had not even deliberated an hour when they came in with the question....leading me( and others) to think that they were just discussing the instructions. I think that this part of the trial was discussed with the jurors prior to the penalty phase......they were dead locked and knew it AS they went back to deliberate.....the numbers don't really matter to me. It's the fact that they could not come to a unanimous decision that matters. The ones that were firm on life....IMO...should not have been on this jury....

The only issue I have with the media is them hounding that one juror (I think I saw it on CNN) as he's walking away. These people didn't ask to be involved in this, they are just doing their civic duty and how many times does one have to say 'no comment' before you stop harrassing the guy.

I dunno about that guy. Several talking heads said he walked right in front of the media, rather than going out the other way, that was offered for privacy.
That was the reason they followed him, he "seemed" to want to interact with them by placing himself right in front of them.

Oh, please don't misunderstand me. I only wish they would leave the grieving family alone as they're still coming to grips with what just happened. give them time and space. 15-30 minutes after what just happened and I wouldn't want a microphone in my face.

Nothing about other actions at other times by the media. Yes, I know they have a job to do.

Gotcha..

I always feel bad for a lot of reporters. We all want the information and if the Alexanders had stopped to talk yesterday, we would all be watching. They never know what will happen and they have pretty much left the Alexanders alone the whole trial. But I guess they thought they my want to speak yesterday.

He only said verbally and emotionally abusive. It's understandable if he thinks that. The DT did a good job of painting that narrative. But it doesn't sound like he thinks she was physically abused and maybe once he has the whole picture he will change his mind. Maybe. There's still a lot he doesn't know.

I don't understand what that has to do with her cruelly and heinously murdering Travis three times. If he had actually physically abused her, or if she lived hear him and he was constantly harrassing and humiliating and threatening HER, then they should have taken that into consideration. But what would him calling her names have to do with her crossing hundreds of miles to murder him?

I don't think she was crying. I did not see crying it sounded like she was just trying to find the right words.

She did awesome. Nothing in this case will be reversed because of the DT not getting what they needed for a fair trial.

Right and in my post I used the term "emotional" and was simply wondering if that could be used as a basis for requesting a new judge. I have nothing negative whatsoever to say about Judge SS.

JMO ~

The thing is that only jurors can sentence people to death in AZ. It is to be a juror of their peers that makes that determination not a Judge.

So it has to be voted on. They have paved the way for another Jury to be able to find for death, But in the end I think we will end up with LWOP.

I understand, I guess I just don't understand the middle part of the equation, determining the cruelty. Most states have in their statute that if convicted of M1, the prosecutor has the option of going for DP or LWOP.

For example, in NC, Shanyia's killer was convicted yesterday of M1. Since it's a DP case, the jury goes straight to deliberations of penalty. There is no determination of cruelty. IMO, if you are convicted of pre-med murder, that's cruelty worthy of DP consideration.

I don't understand what that has to do with her cruelly and heinously murdering Travis three times. If he had actually physically abused her, or if she lived hear him and he was constantly harrassing and humiliating and threatening HER, then they should have taken that into consideration. But what would him calling her names have to do with her crossing hundreds of miles to murder him?

Right. That's why she got murder one but some couldn't agree on the DP. I agree with you.

Ya know JVM sent one of her producers on the bus with him

You are spot on.
To come to that conclusion, I think a juror would have to be willing to look past someone offering their "expertise" like ALV. They would need to have good critical thinking and evaluating skills.

Personally for me.....I think when they went to the judge with their question it was way too early in the ball game. They had just received the case the evening prior, was told to set a schedule and then to go over the jury instructions. The next morning they had not even deliberated an hour when they came in with the question....leading me( and others) to think that they were just discussing the instructions. I think that this part of the trial was discussed with the jurors prior to the penalty phase......they were dead locked and knew it AS they went back to deliberate.....the numbers don't really matter to me. It's the fact that they could not come to a unanimous decision that matters. The ones that were firm on life....IMO...should not have been on this jury....

BBM

Can I ask why? Is it simply because their opinion on the mitigating factors does not agree with yours? Is it because their scale of who deserves death vs. life is not the same as many others?

How many of these jurors are going to deeply regret their decision once they see her post-conviction interviews, along with headstands, "I still beat you, brat," "You're so weird anyway," "You could have at least done your makeup Jodi, gosh," "Can I see those photos? It's just a morbid curiosity," etc. etc.

I think that will only confirm the no-dp juror/s who believe JA's BPD+ makes her a deeply disturbed, though not insane, woman whose unfixable pathologies played a big part in her brutal slaying of TA. I bet all the jurors found Dr. DeMarte highly credible and took note of how amazed she was about JA's MM-whatever test results in which she showed an incredible 7 of 9 extremely high elevations in multiple pd areas. Dr. DeMarte made it clear that JA is very special when it comes to being incurably messed up.

BBM and snipped by me.

I felt really bad yesterday afternoon when the verdict or non-verdict was read. Your post made me change my mind to accept the DP of LWOP. Before that I only wanted the DP for the killer.

After reading the article of the woman just released from Perryville after 49 years, Betty Smithey, she said the worse thing about Perryville was being isolated and lonely. You are not in inmate population like the other women. If Jodi gets LWOP for the first 5 years she will be in her cell 23 hours a day. She will have to earn the privilege to have the 23 hours reduced. She will go crazy during that time. :pullhair:

I am convinced if they take the DP off the table that JSS WILL sentence Jodi to LWOP! Remember, she watched Jodi's real personality come out every time the jury was not around. Judge Belvin Perry said in a recent interview that he knew Casey Anthony was guilty because she only played a role for the jury. Jodi did the same thing.

:stormingmad::stormingmad:

I am at peace now.....LWOP or DP.

:yesss:
Thanks Cricket. I also believe JSS would give her LWOP. In addition to seeing JA courtroom behavior I can only imagine what she has seen in those ex parte meetings as well as the alleged meltdown we have heard about that got her sent to the psyche ward. Maybe she saw a glimpse of what Travis saw that night. At any rate justice is coming for CMJA
:moo: :seeya:

Being unable to decide on a sentence is one thing but believing that Travis abused JA is just....heartbreaking for me. Travis has only his reputation left....
:tears::tears:

Sickening. What quarreling couple doesn't sometimes say things to each other that aren't so nice?? But for that to be abuse? And after what she did to him?

Bullcrap.

Not just that but he had a hard time reconciling that the small, vile thing could kill anyone. Not his exact words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89