Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta tell you I will not miss Jen C saying Defiant for a while... ;)

Watching Insession this morning I like Darren K.

Watching the mitgation speech CMJA gave...

We know it is all manipulation as we know she was planning her media tour.. ;)

I hope this jury can rest today. Take a breather and get a grip on how this has changed their lives.

Good old Mikee shares his thoughts about the hung jury. I don't know what he's made of (pixie dust?) but just listening to him calms me down...

[video=youtube;BH9XPQyY_m4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH9XPQyY_m4[/video]

A lot of factors could have led to the jury foreman to believe JA was verbally abused and even though he did not say physically abused:

1. His age. He may have been offended with the phone sex and the few text messages that contained abusive language.

2. Allowing AVL to restate all of JA's testimony as if it were fact. He may have connected with AVL due to his age and given her testimony a lot of weight.

Since he was the foreman of the jury, he may have not tried to get the jurors to come to a verdict because the jury was split 8-4 against his own view point.

If you watch the video he says VERBALLY abusive. He does not say he thinks Travis was physically abusive. I think it is important to point that out that distinction.

Abuse is abuse. Yes there is a difference. Both are lies in this case.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Foreman said he could not believe A YOUNG WOMAN.had done this...................REALLY???
wont say what i really feel on here my opinions of him an the rest are not allowed.

I totally agree with your sentiment. Only word he left out was "pretty". That is what he was thinking I bet.

I hate to say, but I think it has everything to do with the victim. Because TA wasn't a child or some small indefensible person, it allowed some of the juror's minds to go there on the 'abuse'. I'm not saying I agree with that mentality, but I think it's something to consider.

so it's because he was a man?? if so, that makes me even madder that he felt this way.

Take the GUILTY Murder 1 verdict and RUN! LWOP works for me just fine. Nothing would displease JA more than to not be allowed another flirtation with the camera and her version of "fame". I don't think I can stomach another trial phase with her parading around her "victim" status in front of the Alexander family. It's highly unlikely they will ever get a unanimous jury anyway. I think we've already won with the conviction. Lock her in that 23 hr a day cell and let's all forget about her. The family needs to move on and heal. No more tv time for this waste of space named JA.

I hate to say, but I think it has everything to do with the victim. Because TA wasn't a child or some small indefensible person, it allowed some of the juror's minds to go there on the 'abuse'. I'm not saying I agree with that mentality, but I think it's something to consider.

I hate that I have to agree with you, but I do, totally.

Even my husband, who is extremely law and order, has doubts about Jodi ever being sentenced to death, because her victim is not "sympathetic" enough. Travis derived a great deal of sexual pleasure from her, and used her for those purposes (although JA claims it was mutual, I don't believe she used him for sex, I think she was obsessed and would have loved to have married him). She was sexual kryptonite to him, and that is completely understandable given his age and his religious background. I don't fault Travis at all. Jodi took advantage of TA's vulnerability in this regard, and used it to ingratiate herself with him.

For some reason, for hubby, this taints Travis, and gives Jodi an "understandable" but not quite acceptable motivation for her act(s) of murder, and diminishes her culpability only to the extent where she should not be given the death penalty, but instead life in prison without parole.

Please don't hate on me, because I fiercely disagree with him. Just as Caylee could have been my own daughter, and didn't do anything to deserve her fate, I believe Travis could have been my son, and did nothing to deserve his fate. Nothing he did or didn't do makes me feel any better about what Jodi did to him. Nothing. No sex tape, no angry text exchanges, no bitter words to her, no trying to extricate himself from her grip.

I can't identify with the feeling that some victims are more worthy of the highest (or most severe) form of justice by having their perpetrator be given the ultimate punishment. People are entitled to their own opinions on the DP (and anything else), but I can't get with the reasoning that because Travis might have treated Jodi poorly in some far-fetched scenario (more likely because she was manipulating him, he recognized it and reacted angrily to her manipulation, stalking, obsession, scamming, etc.), that JA is less worthy of receiving the DP than any other convicted PM murderer who is eligible, under the facts of the crime, for the DP.

JMO:twocents:

Hey everyone, I haven't heard if any one from the jury has given any interviews. I guess I really don't care what they have to say, I don't know, I may listen if it was on line ???? I believe it's time for this country to have professional juries. I hope Travis' family decides to drop the DP and let the judge send CMJA to LWOP! I would like to know though were the 4 who couldn't agree with the 8 male or female, or both. This trial was so exhausting, especially for Travis' family, my heart breaks for them! I really never thought this was going to happen, HOW did this happen.

I thank the jurors for the murder one verdict but it's in poor taste to talk about Travis having been emotionally abusive to JA on the very day that they announced a hung jury. Think of Travis' family....(They probably don't even watch the news but still it's not appropriate)

Thought that too. Here's a man who says it was painful to see how much the family is hurting, and in the next breath says he believed some of the accusations against their brother that hurt them the most.

I actually wish the jury foreman had kept quiet for my own sanity. I could live with it if there was any reason other than abuse that the holdouts decided they couldn't skin her miserable hide....but there is just no way to justify this:

"Speaking to Good Morning America, he admitted he did not think Jodi did herself any favors when she took the stand for 18 days because she had so many contradictory stories.The hardest part, he said, was having to sit six feet away from Travis Alexander's family while listening to all the horrific things that happened to him. 'Until you are face to face with someone who is going through that, you cannot put it into words,' he said. 'If you cannot feel that then you have no emotion, no soul.
'But we couldn't allow ourselves to be emotional and for that I am very proud of my jurors, they did a fantastic job of holding it together - though it was a different story when we got into the jury room.Speaking about Travis Alexander, he said: 'I am very sure in my own mind that Jodi was mentally and verbally abused by him. Is that an excuse? Of course not. Did it factor into the decision we made? It has to.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aks-say-sure-abused-Travis-excuse-murder.html

If you watch the video he says VERBALLY abusive. He does not say he thinks Travis was physically abusive. I think it is important to point that out that distinction.

And yes, Travis lost his cool and said some really rough stuff to her in roughly 2 or 3 texts/email/iM of over 82,000 in 18 months. While he said things he should not have it seems obvious it was out of character and a fit of anger and given Jodi's demeanor on the stand...probably provoked by exasperation with dealing with her.

I guess after now learning that the jurors thought Travis was abusive to Jodi I guess we should be grateful that they at least voted her guilty of first degree murder. They could have let her have manslaughter.

To me there is no way the mitigation factors (even if they thought Jodi was abused) out weighs the aggravating factor of the cruelty and the cold blooded nature of which it was planned and carried out. No way.

Juan needs to bury this woman and stop her from getting her sick joy of trashing her victim.

I hope we have the Travis Victor Alexander Law soon. (no carp about victims without evidence ever again!)

An even better question, why did Skye Hughes write her dang email? She couldn't mind her own business? I think putting them on the stand was too risky.

They never took the stand in front of the jury. The defense called them during the misconduct hearing.

Exactly. I hope that the foreman is the only juror who believes that. The three others who voted for life may have had entirely different reasons . Also, the foreman never said that his misguided belief that she was mentally abused is why he likely voted for life. The questions GMA asked were pathetic, so we don't know.

What I did hear him say was that he thought JM was too aggressive when he was crossing her. Didn't quite use those words, but very close. This guy seemed to be sympathetic to her, and receptive to anything that would support that feeling.

I hope DD has juror 8 back on and asks him flat out what he thought of ALV's testimony, and whether or not he believed the murderer was abused in any way.

so he thought big bad JM was MEAN to her??????? good grief, did he not hear the LIES that flew out of her mouth?

i don't really care what the dismissed jurors have to say now. i want to hear from the actual jurors!!

Finally able to sit and watch the foreman speak. I respect their decision but I do not agree with him thinking that Jodi was actually emotionally and verbally abused by Travis. I think CMJA is like many people today. Tell them no about anything and they feel abused. So to CMJA she was abused but in the real world she was not. Sure he said some mean things to her. I think we all have had our fair share of saying things we did not really mean or have things said to us that others did not really mean. In the heat of the moment things get said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member