Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved it when she brought up the "Sopranos". :floorlaugh: All these movie references really gotta make you laugh. She really thought she had this all planned out perfectly. NOT!!! I think she watched too many episodes.

I loved the SOPRANO's.

It is obvious that Jodi pulls a lot of her BS from the movies or TV. After all, she has to "people watch" to be able to project the persona of a human, to act like other people.

She is also delusional in thinking her life is like a movie when she does weird stuff like singing during the interrogation an such. Did she think that the tape was going to American Idol and she was going to be discovered?

She is a legend in her own mind.

BBM - not exactly defending Nurmi here but I believe he was making a point of that statement above - even he doesn't like her, but he is still working within the law. The suggestion being the jury should do the same.

On the other hand, if he really meant it as he really doesn't like her 9 out of 10 days with no implied meaning, I think he deserves a hand for letting the jury and the rest of us know how he feels defending this killer.

IMO, he does not want to go the way of ALV and endure the certain vilification. He was distancing himself no matter the verdict.

Ha! Natisha Lance on HLN afterdark is being sent to walmart to buy a gas can and then has to go to another walmart and return the can and get cash back...

What will happen?
(It's on 4 hours tonight)

Why? JA had 3 cans in Salt Lake City!!!

And somebody is getting paid for this? :facepalm:

Whoooo. I can't say how stressful it was when the hubs called me on the way back from my dad's to tell me the case had been handed to the jury. I've thought of all you guys so much but couldn't come here until now, two glasses of wine later. I'm feeling less anxious but that's just the wine. First time this case made me feel like I truly needed something to calm my nerves other than tuning out. Is it just me? I doubt it. I think I'll be devastated if this jury gets this wrong. I've just felt weirdly uncertain since CEO was released. I've hoped for him to be on that jury because I felt certain he would lead them to the right decision. Now I just don't know.

This is going to be a long weekend. I'm so glad I have so much I have to do.

I just wanted to come here and say to the all of the people who have been there with me through all of this how I feel because I know nobody "gets it" the you all do. hugs to all of you and prayers for Travis' family.

It's all in 12 strangers hands now. Lord have mercy on them. May they have wisdom.

For anyone interested...

THE JURY
picture.php

Church Lady, Trump, Housewife, Grandpa,
Nancy, Willie, Neil, The Wrestler, CPA,
The Artist, Maureen, Paul Rudd

WOW gngr~snap GREAT job!! :rockon: it will be interesting to actually "see" the jurors after this and see how close the names, etc are!!

JUSTICE is coming Travis!!!

If Jodi would have been found not guilty because of self defense she could walk free vs reduced jail time on other charges. Jodi was so cocky and sure "no jury would ever convict her" she probably wouldnt let her attorney's go for anything else.

Wow seriously can't believe Nurmi said TA had a punchin' bag outside his office for when JA wasn't there..
-Just WOW.. HOW LOW?

Jodi wouldn't know what it was like to be battered SHE WAS THE ABUSER!!

That got to me too. A little hole in that logic. He (Travis) liked watching cage fights: must be evidence that he abused JA. If that's the case, my dear friend who is a grandmother, gentle and kind, in her 60s, and weighs 100 lbs. dripping wet, might also be an abuser. She LOVES cage fights. (Go figure.) I have focus mits used to practice marshal arts punches...it's fun and good exercise. I could be an abuser, right? I'm not though.

In my personal experience with dv...I got hit. There was no punching bag around. He didn't get into the pugillistic arts other than when he could hit someone who couldn't fight back.

Also have to add that lots of dv victims don't call the cops, but they usually will have said something to at least one friend, or people around have an idea that something is wrong. I wrote in my journal. I didn't want anyone to hate the man I then loved. So I wrote little things that I understood, sort of a code just in case he read it. But I had to share it with someone, even if someone was only me. So I did that. And eventually I did call the cops. Eventually.

And the next woman he was with got abused by him too.

My point is, Jodi was not abused. Her claims are repulsive, self-serving and sick. She is a woman who became obsessed like an addict to her drug of choice. She refused to let go and unfortunately, that was a choice she made that WAS her fault.

The last few weeks it became more apparent how much Nurmi despised JA. He sat as far as away from her as he could. I rarely even saw them speak to each other.

Today was really telling. I don't think he spoke to her at all.

So yeah, I was watching Nurmi and he put me asleep. Is the jury deliberating at this time or did they go home for the night or weekend? Please advise. Thanks.

JC seems quite impressed by Nurmi's closing argument. I am gonna behave, but, GRRRRRRRRRRRRR @ that nonsense.

You can show a transcript of a witnesses' trial testimony to the jury in closing. Most definitely, you can. Not sure why you think otherwise. You can show transcripts in other situations, too. But they're not relevant to this situation

Here, where I live, jurors can ask for a read back of witness testimony as well while deliberating. Is that the case there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of my life I have been VERY VERY pro death penalty. But I started to entertain the idea of being against it. Not for inhumane reasons @.@ but because I felt it was such an easy way out. However, the problem I have with LWOP is that inmates these days have it TOO EASY. Ok, fine, they don't have the same freedoms of you and me like being able to go for a drive or go anywhere I want....but they have WAY TOO MANY privileges!! She is able to make and sell art, communicate via her croanies using modern technology, have girl time w/ the other low life inmates, have a snack shop and go shopping and who the hell knows what else is allowed wherever she would end up.

Look at this article! now grant it, these may not be lifers, but WTF is wrong with our criminal justice system when CRIMINALS who CHOSE to break the law have PRIVLEDGES that you and I have. Jailhouse rock: Tennessee prisoners post Facebook pics and videos of drugs, cash and parties from behind bars

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...os-drugs-cash-parties-bars.html#ixzz2SHv2N3RC

THAT is why I want her DEAD. She will adapt to prison life and have a grand ol time...and that is 10000000% unacceptable to me and to Travis! NO person who slaughters an innocent human being should ever have any nicey nicey privileges other than bread and water, an outfit and a blanket - and well we know that isn't how it is.

The only reason I shy away from the death penalty is because it has become a "cause célèbre."

I do not want to ever see this woman's face again, nor do I want to see marches, pickets or celebrities coming out to "support" her. Just go away, for life, like the common criminal you are.

However, this does not mean I am against the death penalty for her. (Part of me longs for it.) As long as there is no parole, I will feel that justice has been served.

anyone with ipad or a smartphone (of any brand) does not need taptalk or some app to view/post on WS. certainly don't need to pay for something in order to read/post to this site! all smartphones have browsers and WS works perfectly fine on any browser. ipad/iphone has a browser.

now speed may be another issue...depends on your carrier and location/signal.

I wasn't saying it was NEEDED to view/post on WS, just that for me personally I thought it was easier/more convenient than using a browser. Lots of peeps here actually have/use it. :)

MOO

So I had dinner with a few friends tonight and they looked me so oddly when I was talking about the case.

"Who is she again? Toby something? Weird name, right?"

"Is she the one who was giving BJ on the front porch to passersby?"

"Oh, yeah yeah yeah, she shot her husband in Alabama."

"He was a priest or something trying to leave the church."

"When is it on?"

"The chick who drove across the country in her diapers? I thought that ended ages ago."

GOD FORBID there is a hung jury. But if they need a change of venue, I know 5 impartial residents who can truthfully say they don't know jack about the case.

How do these people live under rocks?

okay - no cell phone here, yeah, I know... probably the only one on this forum who STILL has ONLY a landline!! :floorlaugh:

But was wondering if the might be an EMAIL ALERT anywhere to sign up for??

TIA!!

:seeya:

I'll email you if you want- I'm signed up for text alert, but will be watching all day Monday I am sure... You can pm me if you want :seeya:

BBM~ :floorlaugh: You've asked this before! Do you think she snapped? Something triggered to go East (Utah) instead of North (AZ) on Jun3 9pm-ish. It was Travis- she was obsessed with him and she tried to go under the radar, but made huge mistakes along the way. moo

KN used the only ONE question that was really nagging me in this case--why call Ryan burns and tell him she was coming straight away. A lot of people disputed me on that question, but it's a really important question.

but KN, can you explain to me what conversations Jodi had with Travis for any length of time to prove he'd ask her to come there? Her call with Travis, the 2 minute one, was a couple hours before she talked to Ryan, yes? So she already knew at that point she was going to see Travis (if Travis had talked her into it). So yes, why DID she tell Ryan she'd be there straight away instead of making up a lie?

That is a good question for either side of this case.

Night everyone.

I no longer have confidence that a jury has a brain. 12 people should at least equal one brain? But we are all here on pins and needles. YEs we are despite the naysayers. I hope, hope, hope that we have some "normal" people out there deciding this case.

moo

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR @ JC calling Nurmi "Authentic"!!!!!!

The last few weeks it became more apparent how much Nurmi despised JA. He sat as far as away from her as he could. I rarely even saw them speak to each other.

Today was really telling. I don't think he spoke to her at all.

Did you see Juan, Jenny and Nurmi share a little chuckle after the jury left? I would have loved to have seen Jodi's face for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:banghead:

Found this answer by AZLawyer in the legal thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign
(snipped)
are jurors not even allowed to request specific transcripts during deliberation (understanding that as you said, they will not have them as a matter of course)?

(reply by AZLawyer)
They can ask, but I have never seen a judge in Maricopa County agree to this. The judge will tell them to rely upon their memories and notes.

What??? That's so wrong! No wonder Nurmi pulled that Walmart carp!

KN used the only ONE question that was really nagging me in this case--why call Ryan burns and tell him she was coming straight away. A lot of people disputed me on that question, but it's a really important question.

but KN, can you explain to me what conversations Jodi had with Travis for any length of time to prove he'd ask her to come there? Her call with Travis, the 2 minute one, was a couple hours before she talked to Ryan, yes? So she already knew at that point she was going to see Travis (if Travis had talked her into it). So yes, why DID she tell Ryan she'd be there straight away instead of making up a lie?

That is a good question for either side of this case.

She didn't plan on lingering around for as long as she did at Travis's house. She did expect to arrive later than the time frame she told Burns, but not that late. I believe she planned on telling the "I got lost" story from the get go. It's part of her coverup. We know that she planned on turning off the cell phone for at least 10 hours (the time it would take to get in and out of Arizona as quickly as possible). She knew this cell phone issue would look incriminating. If she had told Burns that she'd be arriving at 2PM instead, she'd eventually have to account for the missing 10 hours. Detectives would have noted that this cell phone time gap gives her enough time to ghost her way in and out of Mesa for the murder. To help get around it, she tells Burns that she'll be arriving at 9:00AM -- this gives impression that she is 1) innocent of premeditation and 2) that her original cover story of getting lost in Nevada is true (hence the reason she couldn't find her cell charger or buy a new one to charge her battery). Basically, the "I got lost" story was concocted to explain the cell phone, and telling Burns of an earlier arrival helps to corroborate that as her DELAY is proof that she got LOST. Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89