Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is a walking, vacant black hole to take something so innocent and use it to accuse Travis of pedophilia. I hate her.

8707807401_2bedee9775.jpg

I hope someone can slip out the fact that a photo of Travis and his father with Travis wearing spiderman underwear was on display in his closet. I want it known that she used this photo as inspiration for part of her pedo accusations.

No way this was a heat of passion killing. No way. If she was angry/reacting in the moment, she would've snapped back to reality the moment she stabbed him the first time/or shot him the first time and realized she had hurt him. The way she kept stabbing at him, slashing his throat, shooting him in the face points to wanting him dead.

Every minute will go by slowly on monday. :banghead:
Get it right jurors!

And what expression or reaction will Jodi have when the M! sentence is handed out? I will be watching her face very closely. I hope she goes bonkers and they have to use that taser belt she is wearing.

I think we'll get to see that evil look that CH described her having when she walked in on them talking about her.......only worse. :scared:

I think she would try it if she thought they would rescue her before she died. lol

I think she uses the threat of suicide for attention and to get her own way. I really don't think she would sincerely follow through.

I hope someone can slip out the fact that a photo of Travis and his father with Travis wearing spiderman underwear was on display in his closet. I want it known that she used this photo as inspiration for part of her pedo accusations.

How sad that after a difficult life his father was getting control of his addictions and getting closer to his children and then died. Then to use this treasured photo as a basis for her sick accusations is beyond evil IMO.

We know the power of WEBSLEUTHS, right? This site empowers. I'm hoping somehow, your point gets carried with the wind to the proper ears.

We KNOW there will be the IMPACT STATEMENTS from his family.

Will Juanderful make any remarks after the guilty of Murder 1 comes in?

I bet someone has it in their notes and they can have those with them.

Yes. Plus it was such a "Perry Mason" moment that I bet most of them have it written down. :rockon:

How true! One thing that never made sense to me was that she ever admitted to being on highway US93 that went over Hoover Dam. Coming from southern California, that route is really not the most efficient. It is, however, the direct route from Las Vegas to Phoenix! I live in southern NV, and frequently have driven to Kingman, AZ. I usually fly if going to Phoenix on business, so haven't done the whole LV to Phoenix route in years. Now, that the by-pass bridge is open (opened in 2010), the Kingman to LV route is much easier, but there is still a major bottleneck in the Boulder City area after crossing the bridge. Of course, if I'm going to southern CA, I take the I-15. No worries about finding gas along those routes either...LOL

Amazingly, there is not an interstate highway between LV and Phoenix (talk about it, but no action yet).

Unless she was to use being on US93 as a part of her "getting lost" story, it made no sense. But, that's just me. It never got to be an issue since it was quickly determined she was at TA's house. Had she not been so quickly linked to the crime scene, I believe this part of her route would have helped catch her up.

I gave up a long time ago trying to "make sense" out of many things this <unusual person> did/does. It's all moot now, but it's just another one of those things that made me go "hmmmm".....and an another example to show she isn't as smart as she thinks she is... :moo: IMHO

My guess is that the reason she had to admit being on US 93 is that she needed to call someone, most likely MM, right away and she knew that turning on her cell phone would cause it to ping, identifying her location, so she had to figure out a way to get lost that would take her there.

I agree, I believe she used it to manipulate TA too. She said they talked about if he would come to her funeral which makes me think, she was guilting him, that she would kill herself.

ITA! I always thought it was odd that she said he would go to her funeral even if it was in Antarctica. I thought at the time I first saw that why would she pull Antarctica out of the clear blue. Well, most likely because Travis and JA discussed this. Maybe even that very day. :(

No way this was a heat of passion killing. No way. If she was angry/reacting in the moment, she would've snapped back to reality the moment she stabbed him the first time/or shot him the first time and realized she had hurt him. The way she kept stabbing at him, slashing his throat, shooting him in the face points to wanting him dead.

Every minute will go by slowly on monday. :banghead:
Get it right jurors!

I am willing to wait for how ever long it takes them to feel confident in finding her guilty of Murder 1. :rockon:

I didn't see the Walmart person testify?

Did I read correctly, though, that Nurmi had no questions for that witness? If so, very interesting he didn't raise this then, isn't it?

Because he knew there was nothing to say.

BBM: That's because 9 out of 10 days, Nurm* doesn't like JA and I totally understand! :floorlaugh:

I watched the HLN clip that Beth Kara's did featuring Katiecoolady. Nice shout out to WS and the caring people on here. The generosity of this group, from prayers and thoughts for the Alexander Family to housing, meals and gifts for them really speaks volumes.

What's frustrating is that AZwatcher said in Maricopa county it is rare that they get to look at the actual testimony, that the judge asks them to rely on their memory. So hopefully since it was said in closings if there are some that said she didn't say the same walmart and some that said she did, hopefully the judge will let them look, because this is a huge point, that's why I wish JM would have put it up on the overhead in his rebuttal so there would be NO question as to who was lying.

I am hoping someone like Housewife would have it in her notes...I think she took a lot of notes if I'm not mistaken. Yes, she did say it, said it point blank. I was disgussted with Nurmi too when he looked them STRAIGHT IN THE EYES and said Jodi didn't say that. Ugh. And I could tell even Jodi was uncomfortable when he said that 'cause she knew it was a lie...I saw her get a little tense and I think she looked over at Juan at that moment.

They need to use this in the Death Penalty Phase imo

I think we'll get to see that evil look that CH described her having when she walked in on them talking about her.......only worse. :scared:

That's the look she gave Det. Flores on the stand when she realized she'd made a big mistake relying on his statement that the gunshot wound came first. It was the detective's fault, not hers ...

Why didn't JM use that picture?

Juan played it very smart, imo. He reminded them of a key moment in the testimony. He repeated his question to her " Would it surprise you to learn that there are no records of that return to Walmart for that day? "

And then he reminded the jury that she said " YES, It would surprise me because I did return it there."

She also turned and looked right at the jurors when she said that. Then Nurmi tries to act like she never said she returned it to the same one. That was basically along the same lines as Jodi saying that no one ever asked her if TA had the knife, during cross when asked about how she got the knife so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82