Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
two.....I may be wrong. The state of AZ is tough and I have no idea of the makeup of this jury. I do think that some of the evidence that was presented to fortify premeditation was too speculative and some of it was downright flimsy.
The most compelling things to me are the LICENSE PLATES and the stolen GUN from her grandparents home.
I also think that the defense point that she was there for 12 hours before the killing took place speaks volumes about her intent. (or rather makes the idea of her mission to kill seem less strong)
She is guilty.....it is just a question of to what degree the jury will decide. Maybe everyone on the jury is going to be solidly convinced of the case presented by the prosecution.....we shall see.

QUOTE=Angelina Frost;9370122]How in the world after everything we've seen, do people still believe this **** is only going to get second degree?! That could mean with time served, she could be out in 5 years on the low end in Arizona.

I've seen multiple posts here to that effect. Unreal. :help:
[/QUOTE]

I don't see how anyone can think its flimsy, but even if you do, she still "decided to kill him" when she slashed his throat and shot him, which qualifies as premeditation as well. The jurors don't have to believe she planned it a week in advance to find her guilty of murder 1. But I think if you look at the evidence in total it's clear she did.

I hope someone can slip out the fact that a photo of Travis and his father with Travis wearing spiderman underwear was on display in his closet. I want it known that she used this photo as inspiration for part of her pedo accusations.

Wow. As soon as I saw this, I remembered a photo being in testimony. It was when JA claimed that she was at "eye-level" with a photo in Travis's closet of his Dad. March 13, 2013. Thanks to WS great archives - Here is the testimony:

I didn't hear the exhibit number but start watching at about 56:20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NnA-vrYcDBQ

Note: JA said something like, "I stand about eye-level to the photo of his Dad".

That would have spiked my interest if I were a juror.

Here is Part 3 where they continue with the photo of the closet along with the pic of Travis's father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZD1xHsjzL44

And then Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yUtoIG8Wz7k

I don't recall if they zoomed into that photo in the trial - Please tell me how we know that was the photo of Travis's father that was in the closet.

I remember seeing that photo in the Amazing Grace video here but never even noticed his Spiderman undies.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPfG728ymxc

If she had planned to kill him and had stabbed him in the heart and left him to die, that would be one thing. But she stabbed him in the heart, watched him attempt to crawl away like a wounded, dying animal, slashed his throat so deep she almost decapitated him, and then dragged his lifeless body into the shower and shot him in the head. LWOP is for bad people. The Death Penalty is reserved for evil people who do unspeakable acts---like what's- her- name

:goodpost:

This description is exactly why the notion of murder 2 or anything else is a complete joke.

in a legal sense.......if her actions were theoretically in self defense... she could have theoretically not planned on cutting his throat....it was an act that she did in the heat of a crime of passion. That is the distiction that they are driving at here.
This case should be so simple and yet it has been a loooong, drawn out trial with details about that woman's life that none of us needed to know.
I don't care if her time with so and so was happy or if she liked working at this restaurant, etc........we just need to know about the issue at stake here.
It will be VERY interesting to see how this pans out. I am trying not to get too worked up about it, because I don't want to be disappointed.

Premeditation only means thinking. The idea that she cut his throat, which is a direct KILLSHOT, equals premeditation. The change of weapons, replete with the decision to use one, then the other and to consider the location of them IS premeditation.

ETA: from Merriam-Webster- premeditation consideration or planning of an act beforehand that shows intent to commit that act; to think, consider, or deliberate beforehand

It does not say weeks, days, hours or even minutes of planning. It can take mere seconds.

If she had planned to kill him and had stabbed him in the heart and left him to die, that would be one thing. But she stabbed him in the heart, watched him attempt to crawl away like a wounded, dying animal, slashed his throat so deep she almost decapitated him, and then dragged his lifeless body into the shower and shot him in the head. LWOP is for bad people. The Death Penalty is reserved for evil people who do unspeakable acts---like what's- her- name

If she had just shot him while he slept and went away then I'd want her to still get murder one but I'd feel the slightest bit of pity for her. But given this woman's history and the way she slaughtered him I have no pity for her whatsoever. She made Travis suffer both emotionally and physically. Nobody that stabs another person should be allowed to live.

Monday can't come fast enough! :(

Sorry if I sound totally stupid, where can I find the 'Justice for Travis' ribbon? TIA.

This is so I can change my avatar pic.

:goodpost:

This description is exactly why the notion of murder 2 or anything else is a complete joke.

I have no energy to explain why the only appropriate verdict in this case is murder one. I ain't got no time for that! :snooty: Suffice it to say that this is one of the most brutal murders and one of the most evil creatures of this century!

I can't wait for Monday Angelina!

I think the act of waiting for a room-mate to go to work, the act of wanting to have sex with your target, one last time (for your trophy memories) or waiting to strike while he's in the shower (after you've manipulated him there for a "photo shoot")...getting him to sit in the shower, then plunging that knife in his superior vena cava or heart area, reeks of premeditation. Gas, gas, gas. http://books.google.com/books?id=dU...ival of superior vena cava stab wound&f=false

Btw, is it true that Jodi and Travis went to this? Bodies: The Exhibition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in a legal sense.......if her actions were theoretically in self defense... she could have theoretically not planned on cutting his throat....it was an act that she did in the heat of a crime of passion. That is the distiction that they are driving at here.
This case should be so simple and yet it has been a loooong, drawn out trial with details about that woman's life that none of us needed to know.
I don't care if her time with so and so was happy or if she liked working at this restaurant, etc........we just need to know about the issue at stake here.
It will be VERY interesting to see how this pans out. I am trying not to get too worked up about it, because I don't want to be disappointed.

BBM

That is a logical impossibility. A deliberate, non hesitation cut to the throat EQUALS premeditation. As much as a strawberry IS a fruit. She knew that would kill him. There is no way out of that. None. Self-defense and/or crime of passion and cutting someone's throat are mutually exclusive worlds.

If she had just shot him or stabbed him in the leg or shoulder and ran out of the house, that's one thing. Whether gun first or stab first, that choice to cut the throat is the end of the story. If one believes the gun first, which is actually worse, she changed weapons. That means she considered the location of the knife AND decided to get it and use it. It's murder one.

Avoiding disappointment should the jury not understand that makes sense. I try not to get worked up either and totally fail. :)

I think the act of waiting for a room-mate to go to work, the act of wanting to have sex with your target, one last time (for your trophy memories) or waiting to strike while he's in the shower (after you've manipulated him there for a "photo shoot")...getting him to sit in the shower, then plunging that knife in his superior vena cava or heart area, reeks of premeditation. Gas, gas, gas. http://books.google.com/books?id=dU...ival of superior vena cava stab wound&f=false

Btw, is it true that Jodi and Travis went to this? Bodies: The Exhibition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
yes.
Wait maybe that is area 57?
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...ZM-ifVOot1j9K0i0FXpkOVPOmMYYf773hLUWG3XUphOMg

Grab a knife and stab a slab of beef , a chicken breast anything....keep stabbing you will see your hand will slip with all the goo and blood. JA ur finger was cut very bad that day IMO. and BTW that cartridge so they say it was "kicked" why is there blood only on the 1 surface..a kick would be umm hard to launch it n top with no other surfaces touching

OMG it brought back a memory of OJ's trial. My girlfriend and I put on latex gloves to see if we could put our golf gloves on. You are 100% right. I may need professional help after all this. Thinking of Alyce:floorlaugh:

Sorry forgot who said this, "I write out and say Orange Juice after that verdict", I also do same.

I promise I didn't do any Aperture magic stuff! She is creepy, freaky all by herself. :floorlaugh:

You have the magic touch when it comes to screen shots. Those are absolutely classic!! Imagine one of those faces under your Christmas tree!!! Seriously you could sell those to NG and be rich!!

Quotes that describe JA

“A sociopath is one who sees others as impersonal objects to be manipulated to fulfill their own narcissistic needs without any regard for the hurtful consequences of their selfish actions.” ??

“Hate is the complement of fear and narcissists like being feared. It imbues them with an intoxicating sensation of omnipotence.”
― Sam Vaknin, Malignant Self Love - Narcissism Revisited

Oh my gosh! I didn't remember this! Can the jurors read these transcripts?
She is done. Burned toast.

I asked on the legal thread if the juror's can request transcripts of certain testimony and they CAN NOT! They have to rely on their notes and memory. That explains why Nurmi lied, hoping they don't remember...

It makes no sense at all. Is this about justice, or a test of the juror's memories and how well they take notes?

:mad:

I think she used the towel that was missing from the bathroom to wrap the handle of the knife when she was stabbing him, and that was why it was so bloody; that is how she kept more of her fingers from getting cut up.

While that may prevent cuts, wouldn't the towel slip more easily on the knife handle than her hand and impair her grip?

Just a thought.

I asked on the legal thread if the juror's can request transcripts of certain testimony and they CAN NOT! They have to rely on their notes and memory. That explains why Nurmi lied, hoping they don't remember...

It makes no sense at all. Is this about justice, or a test of the juror's memories and how well they take notes?

Good thing Juror 3 is still there with her copious notes!

Oh my god! How nonsensical! I am mad too!!!! :stormingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members