Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the closing arguments it dawned on me how large her mitts (hands) are. This woman has some big big big hands. Then I think about her work history in restaurants, lots of knives avilable, lots of work done with knives. Then I think of how much force it would take to slash rubber tires with a knife, a weakling with an average knife isn't going to get too far with that. Then I conclude with thinking about 29 stab wounds (well 28 plus a slashed throat) and the fact she walks away with maybe a cut or two on a finger that obviously wasn't terribly serious. I reach the conclusion she is well versed in the use of knives and I also conclude how she had to hold the knife (a single sided blade) to only cut her finger(s) - and that position is consistent with the ME's report that the knife was pointed slightly up.

You are right, we probably can't understand it, but we do still want to know...

So do we know which hand she was stabbing him with? Seems it would be kind of hard to cut the hand you're stabbing with. But, iirc, Juan was saying that that might be the reason that some of the wounds weren't deep - she'd cut her hand and that made it more difficult to get a deeper stab wound.

I feel terrible writing all that, but it was something I was wondering about. We've all surely been through the mud with this case!

I'm still hung up on her re-enactment of the movie Psycho... I think she MADE him pose... no sign of pleasure on his part or smiling for the camera.

BBM - I do too! His expression and intensity is completely different in those photos, compared to all of the other photos that have been made public and shown throughout his life. He always appeared to be smiling or relaxed in photos.

What Meeks me laugh now is imagine JA know nothing about I pads and the sophisticated 4g phones available since 2008. I love thinking of the things she won't get to enjoy.

Oh, she knows. That's part of why she cries. Remember in interrogation she wasn't crying for Travis; in her own words, she was crying because of all the things she would miss out on because of this ... the fault belongs to TRAVIS, of course, for dying.

When Juan called the closet small, she was PISSED. "It's larger than the cell I live in." (I'll refrain from making a snarky comment about Einstein ending her sentence with a preposition, ok? lol)

When Juan showed the video of her and referred to her as "that blonde whitish thing", she cried because she knew she'd never have a chance to live like that again.

As Travis said, she only cries for herself. THOSE tears are real.

I think you may be much closer to the truth of the matter.. I have ALWAYS felt the sex tape was planned AND edited. As JM said, why would TA have wanted to tape it... he didn't have it.. she did.

And she had it on a device that just happened to go missing until she needed it again.

I'm still mystified as to where Arias got the money for all of her field trips ... perhaps Travis found out that Arias had a second "occupation" and was going to expose her. It may be a leap, but there was a MSM interview with the mother of a woman who shared DB's house with Arias in Palm Desert. According to the mother, Arias had a parade of men coming to DB's house late at night after DB moved back to Monterey. Makes ya wonder ...

Those were the Mormons who were teaching her the Mormon faith and I believe it was testified to that they were there something like 3 times a week. And they do not go alone so that would account for the parade of men. If she worked late dinner shifts she might not get off until 8pm so I could see them meeting her at the house later than a normal situation. Remember she was in a hurry to be a Mormon to attach herself to her next partner.

Wow it's been so long since I've posted here... Where to begin? (Sorry in advance if this post is long lol)

I used to post here during precious Caylee's trial. After that trajesty, I was in shock & disbelief. I don't think I posted here from right after the verdict time until Caylee's birthday the next year. I didn't wanna read about FCA free & just chillin' like everything's good. It hit home with me because my own family has three cold cases. Their killers are free and living it up. It was like... Justice failed once again. But even though I'm jaded when it comes to trials & getting justice, I have faith that this jury will get it right. It feels good to actually be able to say those words confidently.

When I first heard about Travis, I rushed straight over here to get the FACTS. Websleuths is great for that. Best site eva! ;) I've been here weekly, if not daily, lurking & keeping up with Travis' trial... Waiting to see if justice is served this time for this beautiful soul & his family. If it isn't then the last line of the Pledge of Allegiance needs to be changed from “with liberty and justice for all”.

You guys are amazing. So freakin smart & hilarious to boot lol! (with great tastes in music too might I add) :rockon:
I love reading and learning from everyone's insightful posts.

The brilliance of Juan Martinez is that he leaves no stone unturned. He laid out everything perfectly for the jury to convict her of M1. He left no doubt on that deliberation table!

Oh & just putting it out there, Willmott reeeally needs to take notes from that awesome lady in my profile pic! She could only wish to be .001% of the woman & professional that LDB is!

JUAN MORE DAY!!!
Justice for Travis! :grouphug:

Those were the Mormons who were teaching her the Mormon faith and I believe it was testified to that they were there something like 3 times a week. And they do not go alone so that would account for the parade of men. If she worked late dinner shifts she might not get off until 8pm so I could see them meeting her at the house later than a normal situation. Remember she was in a hurry to be a Mormon to attach herself to her next partner.

You are very generous.

After the verdict we have 2 more phases correct? Anyone know if there is a timeline on these phases? TIA

:cheers: Great post and ITA.

Jodi crime was on the extreme scale of personal killing. It was a rage killing with Mormon/PPL undertones.

BBM The knife was much more personal to her. The gun could have killed him instantly. As horrific as it sounds, I think she wanted Travis to suffer and feel every second of what she was doing to him. I also personally believe it was a ritualistic killing. She was angry at Travis and his Mormon faith. I think she saw Mormonism standing in the way of her having Travis.

The stab wounds, on the front of his body, closely relate to the "oath of secrecy" penalties, that were used in Mormon Endowment Ceremonies. At this ceremony, you were asked to take an oath of secrecy about the ceremony and not reveal any information. If you failed to keep the oath, the penalties were:

1 : "my throat ... be cut from ear to ear, and my tongue torn out by its roots;"

The defendant cut Travis' throat from ear to ear.

2 : "our breasts ... be torn open, our hearts and vitals torn out and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field;"

The defendant stabbed Travis in the heart.

3 : "our body ... be cut asunder and all your bowels gush out."

The defendant stabbed Travis in the stomach.

I believe the other stab wounds, from the back was due to Travis being strong and fighting for his life. He was still standing, which fueled her rage even more.

She has a habit of manufacturing lies from what she has read or seen of other people. She uses that information and makes it her own. In reading books to learn about Mormonism, she could have easily read about these penalties. In her own twisted mind she was "penalizing" Travis with his beloved faith, the same religion she saw as the reason Travis didn't want her.

BTW, these penalties were removed from the ceremonies in 1990.

I think the defendant's issues run FAR deeper than any of the psychologists realize. Not to take away from their professional opinions but there are some people who cannot be diagnosed by written tests or by interviews. Psychopaths are crafty. They lie, manipulate and are dangerous. I believe this defendant fits the profile of a psychopath. I feel she would be a danger to the general public, if she were to ever be set free.

So do we know which hand she was stabbing him with? Seems it would be kind of hard to cut the hand you're stabbing with. But, iirc, Juan was saying that that might be the reason that some of the wounds weren't deep - she'd cut her hand and that made it more difficult to get a deeper stab wound.

I feel terrible writing all that, but it was something I was wondering about. We've all surely been through the mud with this case!
She is somewhat ambidextrous as we have seen from time to time.. uses it to her advantage.

BBM ~ So do I. The evidence was not ditched near Hoover Dam. That's just another tale of Jodi.

She probably had the gun/knife on her when she got back to Yreka. I bet she did a ritual with thing thing with it too. And, yes Crater Lake is where I think it is also. :seeya:

She had to get rid of more items than originally anticipated. 4 floors mats were missing from the rental car,ect. She saw MM on her way to Arizona and I think she saw him back in Cal. Brewer has been critized by some. Not sure why. Maybe I missed something. Once he was on the stand, I think he realized the scope of what was really going on. That may be why his voice changed so suddenly to very low. I think thats when it hit him. He told the truth. He said jodi told him she was going to Utah and Arizona.I give him credit for that.

Just when I think I've seen it all, I see something new. :eek: "Survivor" T-shirts? Really? :puke:

That moement in the interrogation made me shutter. Her whole demeanor during those interviews with Det. Flores was just creepy as bleep!! I often have wondered if she has a mental illness at all. Maybe she is simply possesed. I don't say that lightly or jokingly. There is something about Jodi that is different then Casey, or Scott or Drew Peterson. She oozes a different pure evil than I have ever seen.

I've wondered that myself...I pray that God, according to His will, heals her mind and spirit, whatever her problem is, and helps her family also. May He also mightily bless the Alexander family, and Travis' precious soul.

"Creating an amazing Day" - Travis' blog dated April 22, 2008.

It is eerie that #21 on his list is: "Buy Camera".

Also # 16, "Apply for Corporate Credit Card", maybe that's when he found Jodi screwed up his credit rating?

Source: http://travisalexander.blogspot.ca/2008_04_01_archive.html

"Some of my days I create the day with ultimate productivity in mind. Others I am looking for a lesson to be learned or to have a life experiance. Sometimes the goal is to do some service or philanthropy, but always when all is said and done, you tend to get what you focus on. It is as simple as that. Write down what you want life to bring you today and chances are life will bring it to you on a silver platter. Let me give you an example of what a day would look like, here is my list today.
1) Prayer 2) read Scriptures 3) Read 10pgs of a good book 4) Listen to 30 Minutes of Personal Development 5) work out 6) Money making stuff 6A) East Vally Email 6B) Team email 6C) Plan conference call 6D) plan colorado Training 6E) Update Calendar
7) journal 8) Ensign Article 9) Affirmation 10) Visualization 11) Yoga 12) 30 minutes of Spanish
13) Walk 2 Miles 14) Pack For Colorado 15) Passport Stuff 16) Apply for Corporate credit 17)Clean House 18) Touch up paint 19) Finish Blog 20) Mail Package 21) Buy Camera"

Wow it's been so long since I've posted here... Where to begin? (Sorry in advance if this post is long lol)

I used to post here during precious Caylee's trial. After that trajesty, I was in shock & disbelief. I don't think I posted here from right after the verdict time until Caylee's birthday the next year. I didn't wanna read about FCA free & just chillin' like everything's good. It hit home with me because my own family has three cold cases. Their killers are free and living it up. It was like... Justice failed once again. But even though I'm jaded when it comes to trials & getting justice, I have faith that this jury will get it right. It feels good to actually be able to say those words confidently.

When I first heard about Travis, I rushed straight over here to get the FACTS. Websleuths is great for that. Best site eva! ;) I've been here weekly, if not daily, lurking & keeping up with Travis' trial... Waiting to see if justice is served this time for this beautiful soul & his family. If it isn't then the last line of the Pledge of Allegiance needs to be changed from “with liberty and justice for all”.

You guys are amazing. So freakin smart & hilarious to boot lol! (with great tastes in music too might I add) :rockon:
I love reading and learning from everyone's insightful posts.

The brilliance of Juan Martinez is that he leaves no stone unturned. He laid out everything perfectly for the jury to convict her of M1. He left no doubt on that deliberation table!

Oh & just putting it out there, Willmott reeeally needs to take notes from that awesome lady in my profile pic! She could only wish to be .001% of the woman & professional that LDB is!

JUAN MORE DAY!!!
Justice for Travis! :grouphug:
I REALLY hope you are back to post more often, to follow us on the next search for justice and give us the pleasure of you and your wisdom!

To me it looks like blood pooling around his bottom, anyone else see that cause I've never heard anyone talk about it so I am confused about why it looks like blood to me

It's always looked like blood to me as well. Drains aren't that dark and are have a reflective quality as opposed to opaque dark reddish brown.

I have no doubt in my mind Jodi sexually manipulated the Mormon boys. :twocents:

yeah, how do you lose a cellphone in a truck......for TWO YEARS????? come on.
And, to top that, it was under the engine of granddaddy's truck that he no longer drove... only found by her aunt when they were finally selling the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousWhiskers