Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning, Everyone!

I was thinking last night about the whole death penalty thing.
I feel 100% confident all the elements are there for Murder 1. I'm not so sure about the jury going with the DP. I think they will convict her of M1, but the concession will be made in the sentencing.

I feel like her bizarre behavior and the BPD PTSD stuff will leave some lingering concern with the jury that there's some mental illness present.

That said .. as much as we want the DP ... I hate the idea of her going all Carla Faye Tucker and getting more attention after sentencing. Not to mention the DRAIN on the state that the appeals process will undoubtedly cause. It's not the worse thing in my mind for her to get LWOP and just rot for the rest of her life and for the Alexander family to never have to go through any of that.

:goodpost:

Prior to witnessing this absurd circus, I was 100% pro death penalty. So much so I'd be bordering on a prosecutor's dream juror. After this spectacle, I still am 100% pro death penalty.

When JA was crossed on the stand, whinging about the diminutive size of the cell she was living in...I had the first shift in desire for sentencing. By her own admission, she said that she'd beg for the death penalty. Reminded me of Pamela Smart, who continues to whine about not wanting to live behind bars w/ LWOP.

If JA never gets out, she will whither and die in a cage. She grow old and ugly, never again to enjoy much of anything we can on a daily basis. With the existence of modern medicine, this could be more than 50 years. I'd rather be dead.

I can't help wonder if the DP could turn her into a martyr for the lunatics who support her. Out of respect for the family though, I'll always defer. If they and the State want her dead, she's certainly earned it. :twocents:

After hearing the jurors questions and reading our court watchers notes, I believe they will find her guilty of 1st degree murder. But I have a hypothetical question for you guys. If it came down to it (which I hope it does not!) but if it did and Judge Stephens had to decide whether to sentence the defendant to life in prison without parole or life with parole eligibility after 25 years, what do you think she would do? It concerns me that she has been very lenient in the courtroom when it comes to rulings, time, etc. so I am questioning whether she would go for the maximum sentence or not? What do you think?

BBM~ I must say though, CFT changed for the better while incarcerated.

She was high on drugs too and young when she went on a killing spree.

I actually have a very good feeling today. I feel awoken and renewed.

I'm not worried about the psych stuff. The jury will make the right decision.

Happy Cinco de Mayo! :seeya:

Good Morning, Everyone!

I feel 100% confident all the elements are there for Murder 1. I'm not so sure about the jury going with the DP. I think they will convict her of M1, but the concession will be made in the sentencing.

I feel like her bizarre behavior and the BPD PTSD stuff will leave some lingering concern with the jury that there's some mental illness present.

That said .. as much as we want the DP ... I hate the idea of her going all Carla Faye Tucker and getting more attention after sentencing. Not to mention the DRAIN on the state that the appeals process will undoubtedly cause. It's not the worse thing in my mind for her to get LWOP and just rot for the rest of her life and for the Alexander family to never have to go through any of that.

Good Morning, Everyone!

i can't see a reason for them not to give her the DP. even her own parents weren't surprised she did this. but i don't really care one way or the other. if she gets LWOP, she will fade away into infamy----she won't get the quality of defense attorneys she'd get if she was sentenced to death. so that would be ok with me.

her life is going to change dramatically either way. she won't be the senior inmate in that jail----she'll be in a real live PRISON with people who don't give a damn about her. and some will not be her buddies----they'll hate her as much as i do. i wouldn't be surprised if she gets into a lot of trouble in prison, and i hope she's on the losing end when it happens.

LWOP - If she is let out, she will kill again. I'm sure the victim impact statement by the Alexander family will be a factor in JSS giving nothing less than LWOP.

After hearing the jurors questions and reading our court watchers notes, I believe they will find her guilty of 1st degree murder. But I have a hypothetical question for you guys. If it came down to it (which I hope it does not!) but if it did and Judge Stephens had to decide whether to sentence the defendant to life in prison without parole or life with parole eligibility after 25 years, what do you think she would do? It concerns me that she has been very lenient in the courtroom when it comes to rulings, time, etc. so I am questioning whether she would go for the maximum sentence or not? What do you think?

Oh my LORD!! I'm doing EXACTLY the same thing this morning!! LOL
I do the SAME thing every nite!!!
Not only to we have s Yorkie in common (Tilly) but our favorite viewing. Now in the middle of the night, I'll know I'm not watching alone! lol

ITA. I've been wanting to post this, but was embarrassed due to my addiction to the ID channel. All right...there...I said it!! LOL

On one of the programs a few weeks ago, it might have been on the "Kenda" show. BUT, he basically said, everyone around that area knows, "if ya wanna hide something, go to Crater Lake". I immediately thought of MM.

This is what I'm pondering. Perhaps AFTER she's convicted, she might just spill her guts about the gun, etc. Maybe to take someone else down with her. Like MM for getting rid of it. But, still sticking to her whatever the defense "fantasy du jour" is this Sunday morning.

I'm sorry, but I just keep thinking that MM has something to do with this. AND, I apologize before hand if he's not.

Last night I got to the point of thinking how can that live with himself IF IF IF he's involved with helping her in ANY way.

I'll fess up to being an ID channel addict, too, and Joe Kenda is my favorite. :seeya:

Wouldn't it be too risky for Jodi to have the gun, knife, and bloody clothes in her car when passing thru the checkpoints at Hoover Dam and the California border in order to get to Crater Lake? Surely Einstein thought of that.:twocents:

Good Morning, Everyone!

my ex-BF and still good friend was one of the lead homicide detectives on the carla faye tucker case.
i saw the crime scene photos. that pickaxe was driven through the female victim's shoulder, through the mattress and into the FLOOR. that woman begged them to go ahead and kill her because she was in so much pain. and she was just a woman he picked up that night----carla and her accomplice didn't even KNOW her. they were after the guy.

i think carla faye did change in prison but that didn't change what she did, and she deserved to be executed. it was a horrendous murder.

Oh my LORD!! I'm doing EXACTLY the same thing this morning!! LOL
I do the SAME thing every nite!!!
Not only to we have s Yorkie in common (Tilly) but our favorite viewing. Now in the middle of the night, I'll know I'm not watching alone!:floorlaugh:

hWild says today;

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 4m

@SchreeRusevlyan Media will be notified 30 minutes ahead of time then we can pile in the courtroom.

---

So don't be more than 30 minutes from home on Monday!

---

There's a poll on WAT:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 37s

So far 92% think 1st Degree Murder, 5% 2nd Degree Murder, 2% Hung Jury, 1% Manslaughter, 0% Not Guilty. http://www.wildabouttrial.com #JodiArias

I hope it's Monday or Tuesday! I have a dentist appointment Wednesday morning!

Those were the Mormons who were teaching her the Mormon faith and I believe it was testified to that they were there something like 3 times a week. And they do not go alone so that would account for the parade of men. If she worked late dinner shifts she might not get off until 8pm so I could see them meeting her at the house later than a normal situation. Remember she was in a hurry to be a Mormon to attach herself to her next partner.
Sorry, I'm not giving her a pass that easily. IIRC, the interviewee said that her daughter reported that she was asked to stay in her room at DB's house and sometimes these visitors would show up late at night and early in the morning. I doubt the Mormon missionaries would be there after midnight and why was the tenant asked to stay in her room ?

I think she would give life in prison without parole.

JSS has been flexible to the DT with them presenting their case. However as soon as they've gone for yet another ridiculous mistrial, she's really told them as she sees it. I don't know how much The Court gets to speak about JA but when she does, I think we'll see JSS has the full measure of JA.

:goodpost:

Prior to witnessing this absurd circus, I was 100% pro death penalty. So much so I'd be bordering on a prosecutor's dream juror. After this spectacle, I still am 100% pro death penalty.

When JA was crossed on the stand, whinging about the diminutive size of the cell she was living in...I had the first shift in desire for sentencing. By her own admission, she said that she'd beg for the death penalty. Reminded me of Pamela Smart, who continues to whine about not wanting to live behind bars w/ LWOP.

If JA never gets out, she will whither and die in a cage. She grow old and ugly, never again to enjoy much of anything we can on a daily basis. With the existence of modern medicine, this could be more than 50 years. I'd rather be dead.

I can't help wonder if the DP could turn her into a martyr for the lunatics who support her. Out of respect for the family though, I'll always defer. If they and the State want her dead, she's certainly earned it. :twocents:

So well said! The loons will then be joined by people who oppose the DP without regard for her crimes. Ugh.

i'm not a fan of this judge but i think the entire reason she's let the defense do whatever it wants is to protect this case from appeal. she went way too far, IMO, but that's what she did. i think she can clearly see how dangerous this woman is, and i can't think of any reason to ever let her go.

my ex-BF and still good friend was one of the lead homicide detectives on the carla faye tucker case.
i saw the crime scene photos. that pickaxe was driven through the female victim's shoulder, through the mattress and into the FLOOR. that woman begged them to go ahead and kill her because she was in so much pain. and she was just a woman he picked up that night----carla and her accomplice didn't even KNOW her. they were after the guy.

i think carla faye did change in prison but that didn't change what she did, and she deserved to be executed. it was a horrendous murder.

IIRC she became quite the celebrity at the end. I don't want to see or hear from JA ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee