Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was asking is whether others are feeling the same way as I am during this phase of the trial..especially today. Normally, I don't really give a rats behind and partake in the ugliness (her true self) but today, is different for me.

I am in NO way, telling others what to post, not post, comment on etc..

I don't find her beautiful in any way, shape or form. Seeing the pics of her with Travis ticks me off. She is a fake, fraud, user, abuser...do I need to say more. People who have seen my posts, know that I can't stand her and wish her death by lethal injection.

I guess I am just somber today...or maybe it's because I am fasting. :facepalm:

I get it. Everyone is stressed. Everyone harbors a nagging doubt no matter how tiny that this jury could flake out on us. We're all looking for the same verdict while staying sane. Just how we deal with getting there is different.

Good on you for fasting with the Alexanders.

Tomorrow, hopefully we'll all be eating and drinking with joy. :toast:

Here is the same photo without the white rectangular part showing in it. It's the entire photo, as you can see the white edge of the photo around that area of it.

I don't know how anyone sees anything in this pic...:scared:
It actually looks like a shoe to me - on the right it looks like the rubber around the front of the shoe, near the top it looks like a shoelace hole.
I can't make heads or tales of the more "abstract" photos :scared:

I thought it funny that Hln after dark and the live show from az hosted by jvm handed out strawberry frappucinos and tootsie roll pops.

We had some Americans in our offices the other week so I bought them some Cinnabons, and then coincedentally had to do a Starbucks call for a colleague. That resulted in this:

Attachments

• cbonscard.jpg
    cbonscard.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 73
This link has some very interesting statistics on US women on death row by state that I thought some would like to read. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/case-summaries-current-female-death-row-inmates

A couple of things that caught my attention:

Several states have women/a woman on death row but have never executed a woman.
Texas was the last state to execute a woman (2005)
Arizona has not executed a woman since 2-21-1930

Just to get it out of the way, I support the death penalty. Mod, if this link is not allowed please remove.

She thought that because TA had kicked him out LE would be more easily manipulated into believing that the former roommate had a revenge motive.

I see, thanks. Early on I came across a screen shot of those two FB posts of his, talking about doing a protection ritual late into that night and knowing how surprised TA was when JA called him from outside the house.

I had already understood he was a former roommate but didn't know then how separate TA and his roommates kept their lives so really wondered where he came up with any of what he said on FB. How could he know?

Yes it's been mentioned many times. She said she cut herself on a glass at his house and she also,said at margarita ills to Ryan and to ALV cutting apples.

The feral green apples that drink margaritas in the dishvasher. (I think I overlooked one.)

I get it. Everyone is stressed. Everyone harbors a nagging doubt no matter how tiny that this jury could flake out on us. We're all looking for the same verdict while staying sane. Just how we deal with getting there is different.

Good on you for fasting with the Alexanders.

Tomorrow, hopefully we'll all be eating and drinking with joy. :toast:

I did want to mention that Mormons are encouraged to fast one Sunday a month and give the money they would have spent on food to the church. It is not an unusual thing.

I guess I missed it. I don't see spirits or dead people or whatever.

When I started watching this trial - I bought into the idea of JA as a wronged woman who snapped (still guilty of 1st degree murder). I felt a bit bad for her.

Seeing her on the stand changed that big time. I saw the nasty, vengeful schemer shine thru.

Fascinating take. Thank you for that. Surely there are like-minded jurors. My first inkling of a "Jodi Arias" was the 48 Hours interview. I thought she was SO weird and it made me curious. Then I forgot and heard nothing until turning on the trial well into the state's case.

My first tv case was the Menendez Bros. I LOVED Court TV!

I pray she gets 1st degree murder. However, I do not support the death penalty & hope she gets life w/o parole. I'm trying to stay positive, but part of me thinks it's more likely to be murder 2, it only needs 1 juror to hold out. Whatever the verdict, JA's life is over, look at Casey Anthony, villified & despised, her only supporters weirdos who will argue anything if it's against the popular view.
I think it's far less likely, in the "only takes one person" scenario, that 11 will cave, and 1 will determine the outcome.

Hung juries are very unusual in cases this huge. In a case with cost astronomical, any judge is loathe to permit deliberation to cease on the grounds of irreconcilable differences; JSS not apt to accept anything along the lines of, "We can't agree." Rather, she will say, "Yeah? Then go deliberate some more, until you CAN agree."

And again, if you've got that one holdout, s/he's the one who's far more likely to change his/her stance than to convince 11 others to do so.

Just changed my avatar (I hope) to the Blue Justice for Travis Ribbon. Trying it out for first time in this post (I hope). Anyway, I was thinking we could show our WS solidarity by using justice for Travis avatars during Verdict Watch. Just a thought.

Can you tell me how that is done?
Thanks

Breaking News You will get a text when a verdict is reached. You will also get texts of other news out of AZ.

I signed up for it a few days ago. I have only received one text message and it was about this case...jurors getting the case. I expected my phone to be going crazy with all the breaking news from AZ, but it hasn't happened. All quiet over the weekend.

It better work when the verdict comes in!!

Ok. Can someone please tell me, I might have missed it: What did the Prosecution present to the jury as to Jodi's Motive? Not the premeditation, not speculation, not theory.

What did the State Present to the Jury as per her Motive? TIA

It wasn't one exact motive (which is impossible to tell in any crime because we're not mind readers) but a culmination of:

• Jealous about the other women in Travis' life
  • Pissed about Travis bringing Mimi to Cancun
  • She was obsessed with him, hence the stalking
And ultimately (as stated in Juan's closing)... she just wanted him and couldn't have him.

Their email exchange in late May was really the turning point where Travis has had it with her, calls her a sociopath, and tells her she is the worst thing to ever happen to him. Juan brilliantly illustrated this as a point of no return, which I couldn't agree more.

Testing mine.

Justice for Travis! I'm fasting today...hope I can do it. Praying and praying this jury will make the right decision. JA should never get out of prison in her natural life.

I'm fasting, as well. Justice for Travis!

Does anyone know the Judge's record on sentencing on other cases? I know this is her first DP case. I just wondered if she tended towards leniency or not. TIA
It's my understanding that she does not have the latitude to exercise leniency, but rather must defer to the jury's decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove