Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guess on what Jodi will have Donavan tweet for her after she gets her M1 conviction?

"Don't worry. I am smarter than Einstein. I will get this overturned. And by the way, this is all (insert name here)'s fault!"

I do wish in JM's rebuttal yesterday he would have put her testimony about the gas cans where he asks if she returned to the same walmart and she says yes on the overhead, and then said:
'well we definitely know which table to shine the spotlight of lies on, JA and her Defense Counsel have now lied to you.

And what expression or reaction will Jodi have when the M! sentence is handed out? I will be watching her face very closely. I hope she goes bonkers and they have to use that taser belt she is wearing.

I doubt anything will humble this narcissist. It's been all smirks so far.

Is the jury working all weekend? Are they sequestered? Serious but uniformed questions. :blush:

Wow - anyone notice Jodi Arias getting the smackdown from the guard while reading something with the MIT Spec or is she JW's paralegal - not sure. JA ends up folding up the document and handing the woman a black and white speckled notebook which she (MIT Spec or Paralegal) walks away with and puts in something away from the defense table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SWtISPw4rjE#t=88s

Yes, and she scrunched up her face and says something to him. I guess she said, hey this is my show, what do you want!

Is the jury working all weekend? Are they sequestered? Serious but uniformed questions. :blush:

NO (building is closed on weekends, no guards, etc available)
No. they are not sequestered.

Did I see JA at one point a few years ago saying she would rather get the death penalty than life in prison....am I dreaming or did anyone else see that in one of her interviews before she admitted she did it?

LOL, the death penalty wont help her make an easy exit from this world. She faces an average of 12 years of severe isolation and confinement on death row before she would get the needle. No more attention for her!

12 excruciating years of this:

"All male and female inmates on Death Row are classified as maximum custody. All inmates are single cells which are equipped with a toilet, sink, bed and mattress.

Each Death Row inmate has no contact with any other inmate. Out-of-cell time is limited to outdoor exercise in a secured area, two hours a day, three times a week, and a shower, three times a week.

All meals are delivered by correction officers at the cell front. Limited non-contact visitation is available. Death Row inmates may place two ten minute telephone calls per week.

Personal property is limited to hygiene items, two appliances, two books and writing materials, which can be purchased from the inmate commissary. Health care is provided at the Health Unit; medication is passed out at the cell front. Clergy contacts are provided at the cell.

http://www.azcorrections.gov/dr_faq.aspx

I hope Jaun is allowed to tell them Jodis wishes during the penalty phase. "If I did this I would want nothing less than the DP."

:seeya:
Same here. I was reading most of the night last night and had HLN on in the background and the defense attorney on there, Darren something or another (I can't recall his last name at the moment), he said that the fact they didn't come back with a verdict last night was a small victory for the defense. Huh? They deliberated for less than an hour and I wouldn't be surprised if they did no deliberating at all. The bailiffs had to take them back there and explain things to them, like picking their hours and such, then I'm sure they picked a foreperson. There was likely no time to deliberate. The only defense attorney who I like on there is Joey Jackson. He gets it. I can tolerate Monica Lindstrom, but after she gave Juan a C on his rebuttal yesterday, I may have to put her on the mute list.

I think she will be found guilty of 1st Degree Murder and always have. Yesterday when Juan made the comment that if this were not premeditated, why did her paper trail exist in every state except Arizona? That was a powerful statement, IMO and one that cannot be overlooked or easily explained away.

what a stupid comment, like you said. this jury has had a very hard 4 months. if i think it's drained me, i can't imagine what it's been like for them. plus, last week was brutal with the very long day and closings. they NEED the weekend off.

i make no secret of my disdain for defense attorneys. Sadly, this trial did nothing to change it.

LOL, the death penalty wont help her make an easy exit from this world. She faces an average of 12 years of severe isolation and confinement on death row before she would get the needle. No more attention for her!

12 excruciating years of this:

"All male and female inmates on Death Row are classified as maximum custody. All inmates are single cells which are equipped with a toilet, sink, bed and mattress.

Each Death Row inmate has no contact with any other inmate. Out-of-cell time is limited to outdoor exercise in a secured area, two hours a day, three times a week, and a shower, three times a week.

All meals are delivered by correction officers at the cell front. Limited non-contact visitation is available. Death Row inmates may place two ten minute telephone calls per week.

Personal property is limited to hygiene items, two appliances, two books and writing materials, which can be purchased from the inmate commissary. Health care is provided at the Health Unit; medication is passed out at the cell front. Clergy contacts are provided at the cell.

http://www.azcorrections.gov/dr_faq.aspx

Yep. Death row is not a fun place to be. Nor should it be IMO. The limited visits, phone calls and no contact with other inmates will drive her nuts. Her Fan Club of other inmates will no longer be able to tell her how wonderful she is.

Yes, and she scrunched up her face and says something to him. I guess she said, hey this is my show, what do you want!

Yes, I noticed Jodi Arias making some sort of face and saying something - looks like no one else was paying attention. :banghead:

I agree.

Plus I keep in mind that JA covered the BIG things (gas, cover story of Utah, no receipts in AZ) thinking that would be enough to never be suspected.

If no one ever looked at her for the murder, the other things would have never come to light - hair color, gas can, receipts for more gas than the car could hold, etc.). JA thought she was SO SMART she would never be suspected. If not for the photos and handprint in blood, she may have been right.

Juan was right "THANK GOD Travis had that camera!" (which earned him a scathing look from JA! :floorlaugh:

I think it looks bad -- beyond bad -- (bad for her, good for justice) that Nurmi addressed the gas can/Walmart thing in the way he did. This jury has shown through their questions that they are smart and nothing gets past them. She plainly said on the stand that she returned it to the same Walmart. We've seen the video proving such. She didn't want it found out that she bought and kept the gas can because she bought it to fulfill her plan to murder Travis, if it were bought for any other reason, she would have NO reason to lie about it. Furthermore, it proves she lied to them and if she lied about that, she probably lied about everything else, including the abuse and pedophilia. Murder in the 1st Degree. Case closed. :twocents:

Yeah, I don't know what's going on but my hinky meter is on high alert - what was in the notebook and why would Jodi Arias hand it to the MIT SPEC instead of just carrying it out herself? This seriously bugs me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SWtISPw4rjE#t=88s

The paper they were actually reading together she put in the folder she kept at the table. The black notebook is probably her "trial notes for her lawyers", you know, being Enstein and all...

ETA: IMO they should have had a guard right by her the whole trial with all her note passing, pencil hiding, etc.

Yep. Death row is not a fun place to be. Nor should it be IMO. The limited visits, phone calls and no contact with other inmates will drive her nuts. Her Fan Club of other inmates will no longer be able to tell her how wonderful she is.

YOU SIT IN THAT CELL ALL DAY AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE YOUNG LADY!!!

:rockon:

I hope Jaun is allowed to tell them Jodis wishes during the penalty phase. "If I did this I would want nothing less than the DP."

They saw that in the interrogation with Flores. She said she'd BEG for the death penalty if she killed travis. I went back and listened to all his testimony a couple of weeks ago. I recommend it for anyone having trial withdrawal.

I wish JM had added that she laid her creepy left paw on the table and showed Flores the injury she got that day. Got it fighting the ninja. It was only when they hatched the self defense/abuse defense she decided mean old TA did it.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/03/was-jodi-master-manipulator?clusterId=1303#videoplayer

This one is interesting from yesterday .. I agree with the guy at the end that says Jodi is driving her defence and her lawyers have tried to give her good advice but she refused to take it .. Nurmi must haaaate her, I don't blame him or Jennifer for that.

Also I think this trial is a continuance of why Travis called out Jodi in those texts .. I think the reason is before us, she was threatening to use the so called sex call recording to accuse him of being an abuser, a pedophile, and to expose him as sexually active with her .. he countered with threatening to expose HER, and that exposure would ruin Jodi's chances of conning anyone else in PPL or the Mormon church. He knew what she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper