Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think it will happen in 30 mins.....how will everyone who is away at the time make it through the nightmare traffic downtown that we are hearing about?

Being selfish :blushing: Tomorrow is the first day of CE classes, is it wrong to pray that the professor is a WS member and will understand my abrupt exit?

I thought it funny that Hln after dark and the live show from az hosted by jvm handed out strawberry frappucinos and tootsie roll pops.

As much as I hate that show, I admit that I did watch on Friday (caught up in the buzz of the trial ending) and did get a good laugh out of their special snacks.

I was going to fast but my body needed substance because of mother nature. I saw a commercial featuring an elephant today. Hopefully another good sign.

I beg to differ...if they are led by the flesh they will lock her up and run as fast as they can...after seeing the nudes which proved Jodi has cauliflower ear in a place that I didn't know the fungus could grow!! :floorlaugh:

Omg that is so disgusting! :floorlaugh:

I don't understand why JM wasn't allowed to finish his sentence when he said something about Travis sitting in the shower and 'anything else can be so much colder...'??

In that Nancy Grace video there were clips of her in trial and she was allowed to talk in that style. I loved the way she presented the evidence to the jury.

Why has JM been so censored? Makes me mad.

I think every word he spoke was the truth and another nail I the defendant's coffin. The only tool the DT had was to try and keep him quiet.

But they couldn't silence the truth, and they won't silence Lady Justice, I pray!

I signed up for it a few days ago. I have only received one text message and it was about this case...jurors getting the case. I expected my phone to be going crazy with all the breaking news from AZ, but it hasn't happened. All quiet over the weekend.

It better work when the verdict comes in!!

Same thing for me, I got the one text and then nothing. Others have said they received a couple. I agree with you, I hope it works.

Looking at her face while Juan is in his final comments, she does look strangely detached, it is odd , right?
http://youtu.be/CIC5SYRNawU

Naaa, she is delusional, planning her appeal. Too self absorbed to take her own life. Those suicide threats, those were lies. She fancies herself as quite the celebrity in jail, and likely has more friend there than she has had in years. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: She was living in relative squalor at her grandparents home, so her small room is no big change. She likely imagines that one day she'll get out and write a book and sell the movie rights and get rich. She is not in reality.

I am looking so forward to Travis' brothers and sisters reading their victim statements in court. Katie said they have been working on them. God bless them, that must be soooo hard, trying to sum up how they loved him, how they will miss him, how they have been impacted by the murder.

I LURVE how Juanderful slapped that transcript of the coded magazine messages on the screen and left it there while the objections flew. :D No misunderstanding what was later read.

And that swiping at her neck? OMG, she's such a little psycho!

It wasn't one exact motive (which is impossible to tell in any crime because we're not mind readers) but a culmination of:

• Jealous about the other women in Travis' life
  • Pissed about Travis bringing Mimi to Cancun
  • She was obsessed with him, hence the stalking
And ultimately (as stated in Juan's closing)... she just wanted him and couldn't have him.

Their email exchange in late May was really the turning point where Travis has had it with her, calls her a sociopath, and tells her she is the worst thing to ever happen to him. Juan brilliantly illustrated this as a point of no return, which I couldn't agree more.

Thank you for your response. :)

Well, I was just thinking about this and Motive is a huge crux for murdering someone and which would explain premeditation or "snapping"

IMO, there truly wasn't enough emphasis on Motive. The jury doesn't need to know Who did it; they need to know Why. Motive would lend itself to this question. I've watched the entire trial. I'm just not sure her Motive was explained in a concise way to the jury. We know a lot more than they do.

Money for her commissary? She's not even going to be there after the verdict. Why would someone put money there now?

IIRC, the monies in her account will be transferred to where she goes. Some crazies have put $2,200 in her account so far this year. I would imagine some of that is coming from the sale of her traced 'original 'art. But someone from (I think NY) deposited either $650 or $850 in one chunk. Yes, there are more crazies out there than we know. :scared::scared:

I LURVE how Juanderful slapped that transcript of the coded magazine messages on the screen and left it there while the objections flew. :D No misunderstanding what was later read.

And that swiping at her neck? OMG, she's such a little psycho!

And Nurmi kept waving his arm at it! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Ok someone Please explain to me what the process is after found guilty? She goes to. Her new home? Or does she stick around at the jail until mitigation is over? I've never followed a mitigation so I'm new to it. How long does it last? Does juan talk too someone familiar with the process
Tia:seeya:

There's some funny people in this world

BJh-UzGCIAIihxB.jpg:small

I literally laughed out loud at this and scared my cats :floorlaugh:

lemme guess, once the verdict is ready to be read, we will get delayed before the first word is uttered by, "Objection, May We Approach?"

Thank you for your response. :)

Well, I was just thinking about this and Motive is a huge crux for murdering someone and which would explain premeditation or "snapping"

IMO, there truly wasn't enough emphasis on Motive. The jury doesn't need to know Who did it; they need to know Why. Motive would lend itself to this question. I've watched the entire trial. I'm just not sure her Motive was explained in a concise way to the jury. We know a lot more than they do.

The state does not have to prove motive...

I think the jury is going to have a big problem with the DT's whole case

They are forgetting that Jodi drove to Travis and they want the jury to believe that a scared Jodi drove there..REALLy!!

I think it's far less likely, in the "only takes one person" scenario, that 11 will cave, and 1 will determine the outcome.

Hung juries are very unusual in cases this huge. In a case with cost astronomical, any judge is loathe to permit deliberation to cease on the grounds of irreconcilable differences; JSS not apt to accept anything along the lines of, "We can't agree." Rather, she will say, "Yeah? Then go deliberate some more, until you CAN agree."

And again, if you've got that one holdout, s/he's the one who's far more likely to change his/her stance than to convince 11 others to do so.

I agree with your post.

But that is what is disgusting. No one should be convinced by anyone to change their vote.

That is what causes these problems in cases such as CA.

If I have made up my mind about a case and there are 11 who think otherwise they are going to grow old and gray deliberating. If I truly believe I am right I will not change my mind. I am very open to all opinions but there is no way it would change my decision if I really believed I was correct in my decision.

lemme guess, once the verdict is ready to be read, we will get delayed before the first word is uttered by, "Objection, May We Approach?"

JA will claim to have a headache for sure.

I just had a thought about the weapons. It's so obvious to me that the fact that she took the weapons with her and disposed of them points to premeditation.

If she really killed him either a) in the heat of passion or b) in self defense, she would have have NO reason to take the weapons and dispose of them because they would have been from Travis' house.

But, the fact that she took them with her and disposed of them in a place where I believe they will never be found tells me that the sole reason she took them is because she knows if they were found, they would point directly back to her. So, she felt she had to take them with her otherwise there would be no way to avoid premeditated murder.

That's why she invented her "fog" (yeah right) and made up the story about Travis having a gun and also why she said she had a vague memory of putting the knife in the dishwasher. She knows she brought those weapons with her specifically to murder Travis, but she knew she had to take them with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove