Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, just took a peek at JA's twitter.
Funny how she has a tweet about hypocrisy and the lies Juan told. Delusional much?
She is disappointed no money was not put in her commissary this week yet.
I think she has more to worry about than that.

She meant they didn't deliver her commissary order. They fill out an order form. Unfortunately the crazies have deposited plenty of money into her account.

Do you think that her attorneys have prepared her for the worst? Or are they afraid to? Especially wilmott who sits so close to her with all them Lil pencils.?
I don't know if they have prepared her for the worst.

Oh, you mean those little golf pencils, right?

I happen to have snagged a close-up of one:

Pencil_zpscfc54bb2.png

That Sheriff Joe!

Always the kidder...

Sporting my ribbon and hoping and praying that this verdict comes back quickly with the only verdict it should be. This psychopathic snake deserves nothing less than hearing guilty - first degree murder.

and I will love nothing more than to see her cry real tears even if they are (no surprise) only for herself because Travis's family can have some measure of vindication although it will ultimately never bring him back but it will bring justice.

ETA: Thought I was sporting my ribbon, apparently it didn't take but it's on me symbolically

"After months of a grueling trial, testimony was finally over. It’s time for Juan Martinez to enter the court room to begin his closing remarks. As he walked into the court room, I believe Travis was walking with him. He paused as Juan went to his seat, and looked at his family. They sat diligently through the hours of horrifying attempts to take Travis’s accomplishments away from him and ruin the memory of a man who was trying to make his way through this cruel world. He smiled at them, went one by one and touched their cheeks. “Relax” Travis whispered. “This is almost over.” An eerie calm settled over the Alexander family and friends. Samantha and Tanisha both felt his presence watching over them..."

continue here (delete space between twit and longer)

http://www.twit longer.com/show/n_1rk4tj0

Thanks Nhic for sharing this and Mike for writing. I have tears streaming down my cheeks.

And yes, the spirit of Travis has been here and there throughout. I can just picture Travis doing exactly as Mike said.

With love to all.

W

Please forgive the O/T:

Me-e-e-ee too, ks! Secretariat! Truly, one of the greatest horses that has ever come along. Beautiful horse, those long legs, the big heart.

I was very confident that he would win the Triple Crown, and did he ever. My favorite then, and still my favorite.

We'll never see the likes of him again.

images

images

No kidding! What a horse, that is when they were bred correctly!
His owner is still alive and lives in Colorado. He really was something else.

I just had a thought about the weapons. It's so obvious to me that the fact that she took the weapons with her and disposed of them points to premeditation.

If she really killed him either a) in the heat of passion or b) in self defense, she would have have NO reason to take the weapons and dispose of them because they would have been from Travis' house.
But, the fact that she took them with her and disposed of them in a place where I believe they will never be found tells me that the sole reason she took them is because she knows if they were found, they would point directly back to her. So, she felt she had to take them with her otherwise there would be no way to avoid premeditated murder.

That's why she invented her "fog" (yeah right) and made up the story about Travis having a gun and also why she said she had a vague memory of putting the knife in the dishwasher. She knows she brought those weapons with her specifically to murder Travis, but she knew she had to take them with her.

Yes, exactly!! If she used his gun, she would have moved heaven and earth to have that gun at trial to prove it was his and not the stolen one. The simple fact that she erased all evidence screams volumes!

Do you think that her attorneys have prepared her for the worst? Or are they afraid to? Especially wilmott who sits so close to her with all them Lil pencils.?

I would think they have tried, but Jodi seems to have an incredible ability to tune out things she doesn't want to acknowledge

Hi all :) It's been a good day here....more cleaning done, since I won't be doing much other than working and waiting on the verdict...my daughter ran her first half-marathon today ( I am SO bragging!) :) .... of course while I was cleaning I was watching HLN earlier and something struck me as odd....yea, I know JA in her entirety is odd..... but! they were showing her singing "Oh Holy Night" in the jail contest...and I remembered that in the interrogation video she not only sang Dido, she started to sing "Oh Holy Night". She was arrested in July....why would a Christmas song be foremost in her mind? I know it's not because she is such a devout Mormon, that ship has long sailed. What gave me chills was hearing her sing the words..."fall on your knees, hear the angels voices..." I may be a bit off myself, but I have a nagging feeling that that song has some twisted significance for her. I can't come up with a reason for her to sing that in July, in the interrogation room, being questioned for Travis's brutal slaying and then choosing that exact song to belt out in the contest. I know, I know...I need a new hobby :)
Singing that song may be a tool she uses to calm her anxiety. She does sing it very well a capella.

BBM
While surfing the blogs last week, some of the posters were saying that Bryan Carr died a couple of months ago. I have wondered where he has been all this time...he was a regular on some of the HLN shows. It's a mystery within a mystery.

Is access to the SSDI free or do they charge no matter what site you enter from? A check there will tell ya if a Bryan Carr passed..... I'll give it a look if I can.

I agree....that was a really bad move on her and her d/t's part, And she showed no remorse. Even if it was self defense, which we know it wasn't, she should have at least tried to show remorse. But instead she tried to show how smart she was and how she thought she could up one on the prosecutor. BAD MOVE. She played right into his hands. Showing she was not a meek, non aggressive little girl. Showing she would go toe to toe with anyone.

It would have seemed very contrived if she had.

By the time she testified, she had spent more time in Jail than in a relationship with Travis. He's been gone for 5 years now.

I don't see where people say she's not remorseful - as she did display remorse during the trial - at least in what I would consider appropriate for a courtroom setting. She was being crossed by a man who wants to put her to death - so "toe to toe" is kinda normal - isn't it?

...I'm also of the mind - though - that the "self-defense" was simply the way to pleading to a lower charge. She had already wanted to plead guilty to 2nd degree murder - but Mr Martinez wouldn't accept that.

I would guess that her defense is actually a way of allowing a jury to decide if a lesser charge is appropriate - since the prosecutor refused.

"After months of a grueling trial, testimony was finally over. It’s time for Juan Martinez to enter the court room to begin his closing remarks. As he walked into the court room, I believe Travis was walking with him. He paused as Juan went to his seat, and looked at his family. They sat diligently through the hours of horrifying attempts to take Travis’s accomplishments away from him and ruin the memory of a man who was trying to make his way through this cruel world. He smiled at them, went one by one and touched their cheeks. “Relax” Travis whispered. “This is almost over.” An eerie calm settled over the Alexander family and friends. Samantha and Tanisha both felt his presence watching over them..."

continue here (delete space between twit and longer)

http://www.twit longer.com/show/n_1rk4tj0

OMG OMG...that gave me chills and I believed every word. WOW.....

That's what I'm talking about! I tried to read her emotions after Martinez finished his closing and they were at the front with the judge. But I DIDNT see any concerns. I did notice the bailiff almost on her lap! He was watching her and the mitigation lady talking. Jodie ws reading something and pointing to the lady! The bailiff made her stop! Did anyone see that too?
Yes and weirdly I think the MS packed the letter and the notepad JA was writing in and took it towards the back of the room. We'd have no clue if anything of that was delivered to JA's family. The MS has done it before - she'd do it again IMO

If they haven't prepared her, we may be in for a show.
She doesn't hear what they're saying IMO. Nurmi says he doesn't like a her and she puts on a awww he loves me face. I'm almost prepared to hear her start screaming.

I guess I missed it. I don't see spirits or dead people or whatever.

When I started watching this trial - I bought into the idea of JA as a wronged woman who snapped (still guilty of 1st degree murder). I felt a bit bad for her.

Seeing her on the stand changed that big time. I saw the nasty, vengeful schemer shine thru.

You and me both......I thought of my youth..I had .cried a bunch...but gee....I never thought about stalking him....slashing his tires because he had a new girlfriend. I was hurt...I could only blame myself. I never thought of murder.who does this? Criminals. That's who....people who think they are smarter than the masses. people who are willing to risk their lives for one small blip in the worlds turning. Who would risk eternal damnation ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, showing Jodi to have been engaging in some business shenanigans would be largely cumulative about her pattern of lying. We and the jury already knew that.

Admittedly, proving the shenanigans could show that TA’s exposure would have made her radioactive to the pool of PPL and/or Mormon potential marriage/’official’ bf candidates. That could add a another layer to the motive cake.

The time and effort and difficulty of proving TA’s threat to expose her shenanigans as a motive which is not needed might have distracted the jury from the other elements in the case, which must be proven for a conviction.

That said, further info about TA’s threat to expose JA and the basis for the threat may very well come out later, perhaps in a book.

^^^IMO^^^

Respectively snipped

I said something earlier, without as much insight or detail :lol:

Juan did want to call a fraud expert during rebuttal, but the DT blocked that move.

JA clearly did something to warrant that type of witness, and I wondered if she was scamming in a way that showed Travis as the bad guy, thereby discrediting HIM with PPL and possibly the church.

I'm sure her Lawyers have prepared her for the worst thus the birth of her Defense. How Jodi processes their attempts to spare her from the needle is another matter. IMO

jodi's 'it' factor is greasy hair and a cold sore. honestly, the defense made a big mistake trying to make her look like a wallflower, she came across as a creepy stalker instead.

It would have seemed very contrived if she had.

By the time she testified, she had spent more time in Jail than in a relationship with Travis. He's been gone for 5 years now.

I don't see where people say she's not remorseful - as she did display remorse during the trial - at least in what I would consider appropriate for a courtroom setting. She was being crossed by a man who wants to put her to death - so "toe to toe" is kinda normal - isn't it?

...I'm also of the mind - though - that the "self-defense" was simply the way to pleading to a lower charge. She had already wanted to plead guilty to 2nd degree murder - but Mr Martinez wouldn't accept that.

I would guess that her defense is actually a way of allowing a jury to decide if a lesser charge is appropriate - since the prosecutor refused.

BBM

Not even the slightest bit of genuine remorse for what she did, no. None. If anything, her crocodile tears shed on cue were part and parcel of a person despondent because of her circumstance. All I needed to hear was her plaintive wail about the size of her jail cell.

She had the unmitigated gall to whinge about that when she put TA into the ground. Remorse? No. Regret? Yes. She regrets not doing a better job of getting away with it and could possibly be put to death for being a sloppy psychotic.

We've all watched JA try to squeeze out tears with no luck. But this weekend I saw one of the entry segments on HLN and they were shuffling scenes from the trial. In one shot, there, big as day, was a big, fat, hot tear clearly running down JA's cheek. I want to know when that happened. I would love to know exactly what made her actually cry. I am sure it was a tear for herself, but my inquiring mind wants to know the detail of what pushed her button so deeply that she actually cried for real. Anyone remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup