Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously I posted:

Travis said Jodi scammed him. Meaning, imo, when he said he was finally really through with her, he went to his finances and realized that the advances in commissions he had been giving her were against PPL sales which she never made. The names were bogus, etc, something like that.

I got this idea from his threat to tell Chris and Skye, who were her upline. Why tell them instead of the bishop? Because it was a PPL scam where she used her information she snooped to enter his PPL account and transfer his sales to herself, and he found out she had been doing whatever it was for some time.

Thanks for all the responses. I have more reasons why I believe that Jodi Arias and Gus Searcy were involved in fraud regarding PPL.

Jodi had to have a certain level of production in order to be eligible for the conferences, the Executive dinners, and the trips the company offered. Without actually working, Jodi could not meet those requirements and now that she was not going to be Travis' guest, she had to do something or she wouldn't be able to go.

And she was desperate for money to live on finding it hard to live on a waitress' wages.

She talked to her friend Gus and asked him for advice. She could a) find a new guy to be his guest, or b) she could do the work and sell more legal insurance, or c) she could run a scam on the PPL system. Gus could tell her who was even higher up the ladder than Travis, a Mormon, and single. But even more interesting, he knew exactly how the PPL cash rewards system worked. He knew where the loopholes might be. And she's a hacker! What a perfect combination. She loved road trips and he had a motorhome. It's not the longest reach of imagination to think she might have offered her company on road trips as an incentive for him to help her run the scam "just until I get my production numbers up for real."

There are a number of mysteries in this case (and in most cases) which sleuthers wonder why they are not solved. As a former paralegal/detective I can tell you there are MANY interesting aspects of complex cases which are not followed up on simply because they do not provide proof of guilt or premeditation. They just scratch the curiosity itch. The prosecution does not want to spend the taxpayer's money for that and the defense is often being paid out of public money as well.

In the case of the Mystery Scam, the solution of this mystery goes towards motive, which has already been established. Even if they are wrong about Cancun being a motive for murder, jealousy has been proven by the stalking and peeping tom behavior of Ms. Arias. So the nature of the Mystery Scam doesn't move the case forward.

But we here at websleuths want to know and we are getting more and more evidence and information every day.

I think there was a conspiracy to defraud going on between Gus and Jody and that when they realized that Travis was about to expose the whole thing--they decided to kill Travis before he told Chris or anyone at Cancun.

Travis was giving Jodi hell for failing to meet the minimum production levels at PPL. You can imagine what an embarrassment this would be for the motivational speaker, for the author that he couldn't even motivate his own girlfriend to do better than $1700 a year. A YEAR!

I believe she cried to Gus that Travis was ashamed of her and she asked for his help, manipulating a PPL has-been to feel important again, to feel involved. At first, he did give her motivational ideas, which he shared on the stand, "It's just a matter of numbers, Jodi, you make XX phone calls and 10% of those will be sales." When she continued to fall below quota and feared losing Travis, Gus agreed to help her hack her numbers up "just so I can qualify for the trip" and that's how it began. Over time, it became an established scam, whatever it was, which was siphoning sales/profits/downline from Travis. Jodi knew he wasn't watching his bank accounts and his PPL production closely, so she had motive and opportunity.

Travis says she scammed HIM, so what she may have done is take people from his downline and enter her sales number as their upline instead of him. He says he wants "that person's information" so it may be that he discovered the theft, accused her and she told him it wasn't her but she knew who it was. That person was Gus Searcy

On the stand, Searcy said he took her under his wing and spoke with her weekly in telephonic motivational and accountability conversations. That's a common business practice HOWEVER, Jodi's boyfriend is a motivational speaker, why not him? And Jodi is in Chris Hughes downline, and he makes money if Jodi is productive, so why not him?

In my view, they were partners hacking the PPL computer system. Jodi made money and Gus got her companionship and attention. SHe loved road trips and he had a motorhome. Perhaps she promised to travel with him on a bucket list tour if he helped her qualify for these important events like the Executive Dinner, and trips to Cancun.

*Gus said the person in the car when he received the news of Travis' death was afraid of (Chris) Hughes! Can we believe this? What do we know for sure? All we know for sure is that revealing who the person in the car was would be self-incriminating in the opinion of Gus Searcy himself.

I submit that in the scenario that I suggested, where Jodi Arias and Gus Searcy are running a PPL scam, the logical person in the car who would incriminate Gus Searcy in the murder would be only two people: Jodi Arias herself or an accomplice. Since Jodi Arias was at her aunt's house when she received the notification, could she have been with Gus when he was contacted?

Gus insisted she called him on the day of the murder to tell him Travis was dead. Gus Searcy's trailer was in Las Vegas on June 4, 2008. Jodi Arias has five unaccounted hours in which she was wandering around in the desert lost in a fog. I believe she drove directly to Gus Searcy's motorhome, where she rendezvoused with Matt, cleaned up and sent him to dispose of the bloody clothes, the murder weapon, the gas cans. It was Matt who so thoroughly cleaned out the rental car and disposed of the floor mats. If Jodi says they were discarded in the desert, I say look in the ocean.

I have never believed that Jodi could do a date-ready cleanup on herself using bottles of Costco water by the side of the road in the desert. She didn't have time at Travis' to both clean up the murder scene and groom herself to look perfectly normal for Ryan Burns.

She said Matt didn't answer his phone "until he was there." I believe the "there" referred to is the Searcy motorhome in Las Vegas.

Matt traveled with her in California for reasons that have not been made clear (at least to me). I believe Matt was the unidentified man who came into the Redding Budget Rental location with Jodi. I think he drove down with her so they could go over every step of the murder plan. They planned to rendezvous in Las Vegas, where "all he would do" is to dispose of the evidence and help her clean up the car. I can imagine him agreeing to help her with the planning and cleanup and absolutely refusing to have anything to do with the murder itself. She dropped him off in Santa Cruz rather than picked him up there for a meaningless drive to Monterey.

I believe Matt was the intended recipient of the magazine messages and didn't know that Jodi felt the mistake he made was fixable. When he realized he had contradicted what she had been saying for a year, he was terrified. He knows she's a killer and is viciously vindictive towards those who she thinks have harmed her. He moves on with his life, gets married and does no want his new family to be at risk. His new wife worries that they are in danger from a woman like this who can hire someone to kill them. She's selling art. She has money. His new wife bets him to just leave with her and the kids and go somewhere that doesn't have extradition. They disappear, apparently out of the country.

Gus Searcy could not give the name of the person in the car because there was no reason on earth he should be associated with Matt if he was just a weekly motivational phone call to Jodi.

More later.....

I predict a 1st degree murder verdict by noon tomorrow. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I haven't thought about a time, but I do think it will be tomorrow. I won't worry, however, if it goes longer. This has been going on a long time and now they can finally talk about everything! I just hope they don't get into a sequence debate! Either way it was premeditated, but look at the convos on here about the order of events.... 12 people discussing that alone could take a long time!

:eek:fftobed:

Going to give up getting my ribbon up, got to go to bed and my frustration level has been met! Grrrrrrrr!

Verdict Watch Tomorrow!!!!

Night, all you Sleuthers!

:eek:fftobed:

You'll need to edit it a bit to fit in with © laws here, I think the rule is post 10% of article ... it is so similar, isn't it! Like how they said she had time to back off and think about it. I'm sure the jury here will think along the same lines.

How can you post 10% of anything? Is this a new rule that I'm not aware of? If so, they can delete the entire thing and give me a warning...I thought it was very insightful of how the DP works in AZ and what the jurors in that Juan Martinez case felt...I'll just hope for the best.

Hoping and praying the jury delivers a verdict on Monday and that the trial will move on to the aggravation phase. The jury in the Wendi Andriano trial deliberated for 15 minutes before they found her guilty of first degree murder. Her trial lasted four months and she was on the stand for nine days of testimony. The jury didn't buy her self-defense claim. What's interesting about the Andriano case is that the jury instructions didn't include second-degree murder or manslaughter/heat of passion/sudden quarrel. It was all (first-degree murder) or nothing (self-defense, she walks). The lack of lesser included charges was among the issues cited in her appeal, however the Court found the evidence didn't support either of those options.

Based on the questions submitted by the jury throughout the trial, it sounds like the jurors don't buy Jodi's self-defense claim either. Fingers crossed. Frankly, I can't imagine this jury (or any jury for that matter) could look at the photos of Travis's autopsy (and all the evidence/testimony that supports premeditation) and not convict JA of first-degree premeditated murder. If they also want to find her guilty of first-degree felony murder, so be it. Justice for Travis.

Thinking out loud here.............

IF JA can get tweets out from Jail VIA Donovan.......Is it possible that Donovan is *working for JA* in more ways? Didn't Wilcott get a death threat.....so could those be coming from JA/Donovan ??

I mean if Wilcott got a Death threat - most people would think it is because Wilcott is defending JA. MAYBE THE OPPOSITE IT TRUE -- and JA has Donovon (or ITS friends) making the threats to Wilcott?

Yeah, that post of JA making a line across her throat does look like a slashing motion..........so maybe JA is behind getting a death threat to her own DT.

Nothing is above that girl................IMHO'

Donovan is a shady character That is for SURE! She's a sneaky :censored:

Holy he!!. I didn't expect it to be so obvious. It is a throat-cutting motion. Nothing like a scratch. Her expression tells what she is doing.

Wowsers trousers. I can't wait ti Jeanine Sriver sees that.

Yes I head that too.

"DEBBIE": She wanted Ashley to move in. And she moved in on January 6th, because Daryl had left her high and dry, according to Jodi. And she lasted three weeks.

PINSKY: What happened?

"DEBBIE": The behaviors of Jodi, the lying, the manipulation, the men at all hours. She would leave to go to Arizona at two or three o`clock in the morning.

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: Hang on. Men at all hours. Would she have men over and have sex with them? Is that what your daughter was subjected to?

"DEBBIE": She would tell my daughter to go in her room and shut the door.

HUTT: Really?

"DEBBIE": But she could hear the things that were going on out there. She said she was having bible studies.

PINSKY: I want you to react to that. Have you ever heard of this history before?

"DEBBIE": This what? I`m sorry?

PINSKY: I`m asking David if he`d like to react to that if he`d ever heard of anything like this coming from her.

DAVID HUGHES: No. I`ve never heard of anything like that.

PINSKY: Yes. It a little disturbing, Debbie. Again, we can`t confirm nor deny, but I take your report -- it`s certainly consistent with what we`ve come to understand about this person. It wouldn`t be that surprising. Go ahead, Jenny.
(CROSSTALK)

HUTT: I like the idea of bible studies as a euphemism for sex.

(LAUGHTER)

"DEBBIE": This was the way it was, the entire three weeks. It was amazing my daughter lasted as long as she did.

PINSKY: And ultimately, she tried to get a restraining order against Jodi. Is that correct?

"DEBBIE": I wanted to get a restraining order against her when this was over. She say -- I called her a functioning psychopath. And --

PINSKY: Well, that`s what we`re all coming to understand. And then, you didn`t know about this -- when did you find out about this murder? And what did you think then?

"DEBBIE": As soon as we found out, we called Detective Flores, because we thought we had some information that he would be interested in about Travis, because my daughter knew him, and, you know, all the visits that he had there during that time, she knew all about it. she knew him.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/02/ddhln.01.html

This woman could be looking for her 15 min of fame or she could be honest.
It sounds like her daughter told JA about Travis and PPL.
We may never know.
I'm on the fence about that woman's story as well. As often happens on Dr. Drew's show, the segment was much too short to allow the guest to fully explain the story/experience/knowledge/relationship with Jodi and for follow up questions.

This is from KBisMe! I think you can use the quote button and copy the URL into your avatar link too. You can preview it to see if it works, you should also refresh, as some people have been able to see the change but the user hasn't. HTH

Right-Click on picture and "Save Picture As.." Put it wherever you want on your computer.

Go to "User CP" on Blue Bar (To the right of Home)_

Click on "Edit Avatar" on the left...

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer

Click Browse and select the picture... Open

Click Save Changes and you're done!

:)

I am so worried about the outcome. It started after I heard that the final jurors are 4 women and 8 men. I think there are men who are taken in by Jodi's looks and her little girl voice. I want them to find her guilty of murder, but I am not holding my breath...sigh.

FWIW, ALL the men I know have said she's 'guilty!'

I believe men are probably more frightened of what she represents than anything. She WAS pretty, desirable, etc, only at FIRST GLANCE, then .....

Well, nevermind, she's just NOT all that and men seeeeee thruuuuuuuuuuu her!
Like a tunnel.

She's toast!

JMHO of course!
fran

just fyi - matt didn't drive jodi to the rent a car place, it was the ppl who'd house she left her car at - i can't remember if it was her sister and husband or brother and wife, but thats who drove her either brother or BIL imo - it came out in court

"The defense didn't have a lot of evidence, period," Percy said. "I don't think the defense had a lot to work with."

After they reached the guilty verdict, jurors heard a week of testimony on why Andriano should be executed, the aggravating factors that go into a death penalty decision.

They deliberated for four hours before finding the slaying was especially cruel, qualifying her for the death sentence.

The sometimes-heated deliberations dramatically changed the case's outcome, with a split jury gradually shifting toward the death verdict.

When the deliberations began, the nine women and three men took a vote. Only three supported a death sentence, with four favoring a life sentence and the others undecided, said juror Mary Fobes, 74, of Mesa.

"It was very passionate on why he thought she deserved the death penalty," Fobes said. "The more I thought about it, how could she be so brutal? She must have totally flipped her wig. I don't know how anyone could do that."

But the jury was on the verge of a deadlock, with one holdout, a senior citizen from Gilbert, saying he was adamantly against the death penalty.

Jurors did not want to see a 25 years to life sentence.

"I just thought, 'What an act you're putting on, honey,' " Fobes said. "She was such a liar. How could you believe anything she told you?"
Manipulation

As the third day of deliberations ended, Fobes said she told the holdout juror, a Gilbert senior citizen, "Wendi has manipulated you. He said, 'Yes, I know.' "

The next day, the holdout gave a short speech saying he changed his mind. He declined two requests for an interview.

The jury delivered the death penalty verdict Dec. 22.

________
This was JM's first death penalty of a woman in the State of Arizona. Notice the similarities - The elder juror admitted he was "Manipulated"...

I cut it down mods - If I need to cut it down some more, please let me know.

snipped

Gus gave the name to the whole world on HLN:

[video=youtube;GEzCYO13DDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzCYO13DDs[/video]

Mark 12:30

He wanted THE attention. He got it by being on TV shows for days and days plugging his book, business, etc.

He's worth 0 in this case. IMO

I predict a 1st degree murder verdict by noon tomorrow. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

:please: I hope and pray you're right, Nezumi! I'm on a verdict vigil until then... JUST. CAN'T. SLEEP. :scared:

Yes !!! Thank you - I felt the need to let it out because it is eerily similar to this case and people will read words more often than clicking on a link.

Sorry, but I had to edit your post. Per copyright laws, only 10% of an article can be copied, even with a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove