Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that Juan should have covered all the bases in the event that Jodi tried to alter her story. Now we know exactly why Nurmi had no questions for Walmart lady. Jodi told him it was a different Walmart. There are two Walmarts in Salinas and both of them should have provided reps to testify that Jodi returned no gas cans. That would have shut Nurmi down because Jodi also said that she did not leave Salinas with that third gas can.

The other Salinas Walmart didn't open until 2010. It's preposterous to say Juan should anticipate every potential lie this sleazy defense team might tell.

He handled it properly, he reminded the jury that Jodi said on cross she returned it to the SAME Walmart under cross.

And I fear that he may have been successful. That's why Juan should have left no backdoor open for Jodi to escape. A second witness concerning the other Walmarts in the area (or lack thereof) would have nailed her to the cross.

Did you see that demon shake its head "no" when Juan told the jury that Jodi told him that she returned it to the same Walmart under cross? No, Jodi! There was no other Walmart in Salinas in 2008 and you did say YES to Juan under cross so WHY are you shaking your head "no"?! That just proves that all her head shaking is just more manipulation, directed toward the media. She is so evil that I can't bare the thought of her going free!

None of us can. We all are understandably nervous and anxious waiting for the verdict.

Has anyone noticed if the Jurers have arrived to the Courthouse?
More importantly....
Are they dressed a bit nicer today?

Yes, he's smitten...probably works for a wretched boss who won't allow drivers to smile at or even make eye contact with girlfriends.

Just drive to his company & park (leave the engine running) near the bus barn, where he'll be sure to see you....you may have to do this a few times before he notices.

JustJudy, I'm a little concerned about how you know to make this suggestion! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Random and off topic but I had to share, because I feel so GOOD!

I got my first haircut in over two years yesterday and woke up feeling so freaking HOT! All my hair fell out for chemo in March 2011, and it was finally long enough to get back to the style I had. I have been in remission since the end of September 2011... I beat the cancer physically and I finally feel like I have beat the cancer emotionally...because I look like my old self again.

:yourock:

:congrats:

Congratulations!!!! This post brought tears to my eyes! My dad has been fighing lung cancer for the last two years and had his first clear pet scan in January. Last week was the first time he was able to start working again.

Anyway, congratulations!! Tell cancer to suck it and enjoy your hotness!! Maybe go find yourself a Dr. Horn... MmmmHmmm LOL :rockon:

I feel that Juan should have covered all the bases in the event that Jodi tried to alter her story. Now we know exactly why Nurmi had no questions for Walmart lady. Jodi told him it was a different Walmart. There are two Walmarts in Salinas and both of them should have provided reps to testify that Jodi returned no gas cans. That would have shut Nurmi down because Jodi also said that she did not leave Salinas with that third gas can.

Nonsense IMHO. JM got JA to state that she went to the same Wallmart to return the gas can. She lied and Jaun proved it with the evidence. It would have done no good to have gotten the records from the other Salinas WM because her story would then changed to a WM in the next town. This is the MO of JA. She lies and when caught in the lie she tweaks her lie to try and make it fit the evidence.

the second walmart wasnt opened until 2010, so it wasnt there when she was there.......

Also, in the testimony she could not have been more clear. He asked
are you sure you returned it to THAT Walamrt, she answered "Yes"

Even when Nurmi was questioning her, she said it was THAT Walmart, she mentioned it was in the same parking lot of where she got her nails done.

She said at least four times that she returned it in Salinas and even when the jury questioned her, she said she only had two gas cans by the time she left Salinas, having already returned the one she bought at Walmart. The juror question was why was she answering questions about having had the THREE , if she is insisting she only filled up two. She was adamant, that was only a hypothetical she was answering, indeed she had returned the one she bought, and when she left Salinas she consequently left Salinas with two.

Numi wants her found guilty, subconsciously, imo.

This was a major fact he messed up on, because she testified to the contrary so very many times, not just once.

I cracked up when Jodi looked at Jennifer like WTF when Nurmi said that nonsense about it could have been ANY Walmart along her travels. Jodi knows, Jennifer knows, the judge knows, we know and THE JURY who took notes , know that she testified to it being at THAT WALMART, IN SALINAS. If the jury were even remotely unclear, they would have asked for the testimony to be read back.

They are clear.

Even in the worst case scenario, if the jury forgot ALL OF THOSE TIMES she testified to it, it still doesn't matter. The premeditation does not require that planning, it only requires thought. At any time during the time she was killing him three different ways she had the time to reflect. No matter how you slice it they have no choice but to come up with Murder One, by either theory.

In the words of Detective Flores, "This is over Jodi. This is absolutely over!"

Happy Birthday Steven, today is the day!!:bdsong:
I believe you are getting justice, TODAY!!

All of these tweets by JA, even if through her minions, are clear proof of her sociopathy. There is no remorse, no shame, no contrition, no compassion...just antagonistic might and fight and spite. She lacks class and displays a complete lack of proper decorum.

Further evidence she "molds" to her surroundings and "acquires" the characteristics of those around her. ITA no class. No remorse. Just an empty piece of protoplasm.

FACT: The second Walmart in Salinas did not open it's doors until 2010.

BTW, this is the Verdict Watch thread not the "Sequence of Events" thread. I know that we are all excited while awaiting Jodi's "Guilty" verdict, please try to keep this thread on point.

All I dreamed about last night was that movie "Fried Green Tomatoes at the WhistleStop Cafe"
I was jumping trains, drinking whiskey, and making biscuits in the kitchen of the cafe.
Go figure....
:winkaway:

OK...I'll play.

Do they know there are 2 now??

You are assuming that people think Juan is inept in his job. If there was a possibility she returned it somewhere else, he would have brought in a person from every damn walmart in California if necessary!!!

But she SAID she returned it to the same walmart. It's in testimony!!

So I am deeply confused about your argument here.

I think the confusion may come from every time Juan brought up the fact that Jodi testified that she brought that can back to the same Walmart she bought it from Nurmi objected stating "assumes facts not in evidence". I was somewhat taken aback by Juan not arguing that the fact was in evidence, provided by none other than Jodi herself. I know the judge overruled the objection but that doesn't change the fact that Nurmi put the suggestion out there that Jodi did not testify to that. Of course, we all know she most certainly did and hopefully the jury remembers that as well. If they don't, I hope they ask for the transcript.

Jodi hung herself on that witness stand. Juan knew exactly what he was doing when he pointedly asked her if she took it back to the same store. Of course, she didn't catch on and probably wishes she would have stayed one step ahead of him.

She also, at one point in her testimony (on cross) admitted that the injury to her finger happened on June 4. For a period of about a full minute she continued to answer questions as if that injury took place on the 4th. Then it dawned on her what she said and suddenly she was talking about it happening on the prior date...even though the only subject they were covering the entire day was the day of the murder.

She screwed up a couple of times. I'm quite sure she is wishing now she had sharpened her skills even more.

Hopefully, we hear from the jury today. Waiting with bated breath!

I'm a long time collector of elephants and actually have one that my son brought me back from Cancun.

I've been meaning to comment on the photo in your sig line. It is exceptionally beautiful.

Da baby...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 12
Other's words, my own too trite and small:

For JA:

No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar. (Abraham Lincoln) AMEN

The truth is is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. (Winston Churchill) AMEN

Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.(Elvis Presley) AMEN

What you get in your life is not a result of what you want, it is a result of Who You Are. (Marlon Smith) AMEN

To honor Juan Martinez:

Truth will ultimately prevail where there are pains to bring it to light.
(George Washington) AMEN, and thank you JM for taking those pains so faithfully for so long with such passion.

I say that justice is truth in action. (Benjamin Disraeli) AMEN

In honor of Travis Victor Alexander, a virtuous, kind, and generous man who brought light and hope to so many during his far too short life, and to countless thousands more after his death:

Nothing that was worthy in the past departs; no truth or goodness realized by man ever dies, or can die. (Thomas Carlyle) AMEN

May today be a day of truth and justice.

OK...I'll play.

Do they know there are 2 now??

You are assuming that people think Juan is inept in his job. If there was a possibility she returned it somewhere else, he would have brought in a person from every damn walmart in California if necessary!!!

But she SAID she returned it to the same walmart. It's in testimony!!
Ing
So I am deeply confused about your argument here.

Exactly!!! I mean idont see why this. Continues to be a daily talking point for some, everyone saw and heard her say she returned the gas can t the same walmart in salinas..no one is lost on that fact, if nurmi is saying oh its a different walmart the jury know that's a lie. I get so annoyed with those who continue to chase red herrings.

Hello everyone!
I woke up with a feeling in my belly today. I've had it all morning.
Hope it's a hunch and not just wishful thinking, but... It feels like Verdict Day.

Fingers crossed!

Jodi has won and she knows it. Juan botched the case when he conspired with Dr. Horn to score a cheap shot against Jody. Unfortunately, this cheap shot was nonsensical crap (knife-first) and now the jury will either acquit on self-defense or convict of manslaughter. I'm 99.999% confident of that.

The only thing Jodi has won is a free stay in prison for the rest of her life.

You might be more at home at the JAII site. You're fooling no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member