Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm no. They will not announce the jury has a verdict before the jury even gets there today! :banghead:

Is it bad that I kinda wish the jury would take two weeks to come back with a guilty 1st degree verdict, just to drive people crazy. :scared: :panic:
:laughcry:

I think you're right, SheltieMom, in your analysis of those holding a brief for this murderer or any other. There is also a legion of sob sisters who come at a case on pure emotion & do that consistently.

I hope the jury looks hard and long at the evidence surrounding the gun, real & imaginary. Arias left her house for just the time she allotted to a break in, the .25 was a perfect purse size she could conceal on her visit to Mesa, the same bullet casing was found at the crime scene, the shelves in her victim's closet could not have been used to gain leverage nor height. She told Det. Flores Travis had no gun. All of these facts were entered in evidence & demonstrated.

I hope the jury fastens onto her stacks of lies and feels free to discard the whole of her self-defense and sudden quarrel claims. The law gives them that right.

I hope the jury gives great weight to the admitted stabbings and the slitting of her victim's throat. Hard as it is to study those crime scene photos, they have their own story to tell. Even Dr. Samuels called them horrendous. So does the bullet hole in her victim's forehead.

Concentrating on just this evidence, I know how I would vote.

That's what they say now..

Detectives on the scene of a crime might have an initial opinion on the crime, but that is all it is.

Why are you pushing this so hard anyway? I have always firmly believed she stabbed him first. But, does it really matter the sequence of events?

She drove a thousand miles to his home and murdered him.

Good morning! Thought y'all would like to know that at this very moment, Investigation Discovery is showing a piece about a murder prosecuted by Juan Martinez.

The narrator just said "Martinez just loves courtroom combat."

I'm sorry but I don't see where you are seeing "shady" stuff.

ITA.... this person just needs to relax and take a deep breath...looking way too much into stuff and thinking the worst..

Its hard to have faith in the justice system after the CA trial...however I do feel this jury will do the right thing. Its going to be murder 1 conviction, however I do think she will get LWOP not Death

I have read your posts on another thread, which are pretty stellar, actually- it's crystal clear you are not a JA supporter. Your belief in her guilt is obvious.

People react negatively to the "sky is falling" approach you tend to take in the main thread here. You feel there are problems with the State's case, and in particular the communication between Flores and Horn. That's valid.

What isn't particularly sensitive is to post "I'm 99% sure of an acquittal, etc," because people are really upset and anxious. They've invested their hearts and souls into this, desperately wanting to see justice for Travis Alexander.

Fear or apprehension is justifiable, anyone can understand that. The technique used to communicate it is (perhaps unintentionally) incendiary and upsetting. :twocents:

I was thinking more of manslaughter than acquittal when I typed that. I think it's a very very real possibility here and I'm bracing myself for it.

I spent the evening with several of the Alexanders last night and the mood is good, the feeling is optimism and the spirit is that this is all coming to an end soon. Our poster Jayarohh told me yesterday that he has this image in his mind today of all the weight the entire family has been carrying over this trial (and 5 years prior) is instantly transferred to the shoulders of Jodi Arias the moment she is convicted. I told them this last night and there were tears. Tanisha was particularly moved. <3

I am so happy to read this!

There seems to be a lot of anxiety, fear, and downright negativity in some of the posts I've been reading but I can't help feeling that there is something bigger than us work that will carry us through.

Whether we believe in a higher power, karma, or just choose to seek out the good in this world, we've already seen so much. So many hearts opened. People meeting people they were meant to meet. The elephants, the miracle this morning of finding those 3 women. Getting to know the remarkable man Travis was, through those that loved him so much.

For the first time in days, I feel calm. Whatever the outcome, I am better for having followed this case and seen, even from a distance, how very loved Travis was.

Millions of people, me among them, love this man they never met, along with his beautiful family.

Praying for Justice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWnjEMbFFME&feature=player_detailpage

If they reached a verdict late yesterday, why not?

They have repeatedly said there will be a ONE HOUR lead time between announcement a verdict has been reached and them actually announcing it.

Why have the jury sit there for an hour waiting??
But then as I said, it's just my opinion.

bbm

It's not about the jury, it's about clearing the courtroom, getting all the players there including family, getting the media set up, etc.

Is it bad that I kinda wish the jury would take two weeks to come back with a guilty 1st degree verdict, just to drive people crazy. :scared:
:laughcry:
You can go off people you know
:slap:

That nasty old open back door may have gotten her what she wanted in the past.... Not this time.
You can mark my words on that.

Seriously laughed out loud.

AMEN!

Justice for Travis

All I dreamed about last night was that movie "Fried Green Tomatoes at the WhistleStop Cafe"
I was jumping trains, drinking whiskey, and making biscuits in the kitchen of the cafe.
Go figure....
:winkaway:

Did you know there is an elephant story in that movie?

Chapter 46 Summary

This chapter is set in Troutville, Alabama on January 8, 1938. Big George and Onzell's daughter Naughty Bird is sick with pneumonia and refuses to eat. Big George is beside himself. The child tells her father she will eat if she can see Miss Fancy, the elephant. Big George contemplates taking her to see the animal, but Idgie warns him about the Klan. She is afraid he will be shot if he tries to go there. He says he doesn't care; he will do anything for his daughter.

Idgie takes Smokey and Stump to Birmingham. She promises Ruth she will not be late, but doesn't make it back until nearly five o'clock the next morning. She comes walking through Whistle Stop with the elephant and her trainer. The trainer is obviously hung over. When they reach Troutville, children are screaming and following the elephant. Big George wraps Naughty Bird in...

Not today. Not listening to dark voices, not to lies, accusations, seeds of confusion. Not to snarls, not to smirks, not to slime or mud-slinging. That 4 month polluted fog has been lifted, and ain't nobody dragging me back there.

JA's reign of lies and terror is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members