Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 1,000 peeps on now!

I found that by going to my User CP, then to Edit Options, and then choosing to eliminate avatars, signatures, images and opting to view 100 comments per page, it moves things along CONSIDERABLY.

True that! This is another very good suggestion.

Same with the pics. Loading pics whether in sig lines or on the thread slows loading more than most can imagine.

Which reminds me - PLEASE DON'T POST ANY GRAPHICS OR OT PICS. Your WS friends and I thank you!

It is so true about animals being intuitive~ Our Bird yesterday ....let me know clearly that she knew I was really upset and not to touch her. I was so hurt...tried to play a game with her; but she was serious. Then I realized; wow my hands are literally shaking? My mom was under the knife getting a stent in a difficult place in her heart...and being so many thousands of miles away...I was trying to find out if she made it through this surgery and no one would tell me. I was more upset than I realized, and poor bird let me know about it too! So very intuitive!
I feel better today but mentally exhausted. I've had sleepless nights and bad sleepless mornings as well, and that has happened to me a few times watching and waiting for a verdict. Lack of sleep. It's bothering me; I won't tell anyone that but it is. Clearly it is.

I really need to hear, Guilty In the First Degree.
Thank you for this post. I hope your mom (and you, and your bird) are OK.

:hug:

P.S. I need to hear 1D plus the DP. And I'm a bleeding heart.

I've seen comments that make it sound like as soon as a verdict is read, if guilty, then the penalty phase starts right away. Like the minute after the verdict.

I would guess the lawyers have to have a day or so to prepare, get their notes and files together, witnesses have to be subpoenaed.....

Does it really start directly after guilt phase?

Yes, and that is what the meeting this morning was likely about. One of the HLN attorneys ask JM, he said he is ready to begin immediately after the verdict is read.

I agree with everyone, that identity of the jurors will not be revealed on camera until every phase is over, so there is no need for them to get on their church clothes today knowing their work is not done.
MOO

My boyfriend's 82 year old Mom just called me ....

Hi Honey, I know you are on that internets thing and you will find about about the verdict faster ... so would you please call me so I can get dressed and watch it on TV? Oh and on the internets can you please order me one of those arm flab girdle things to cover up these cafeteria lady arms of mine for Mother's Day? Thanks, dear.

She's never worked in a cafeteria.
I LOVE this woman.

Originally Posted by MandyLeigh View Post
Has this been posted here? http://twitdoc.com/upload/zou2/ja-le...o-withdraw.pdf

hmmmmm, wonder why JA could not get along with her lawyer Maria? Maybe she had morals and would not introduce false evidence into trial, as have Nurmi and Wilmot.

Or maybe Jodi didn't feel she could sexually manipulate her. She probably thought Nurmi would be an easy target for the pelvic thrusts, boob adjustments and the like.

The, he was supposed to be so taken with the sex kitten act that he would run into the courtroom and scream to the judge that no way is Jodi guilty....there will be no trial....

Yeah, didn't work out that way

I can"t take it anymore!!!!! Trying to work but this is just too much for my nervous system! I've been w/ u all through many verdicts, but I gotta say this one is terrible. Westerfield and Anthony were very tough too, but I'm older now My Nerves Are Shot!!! MOO

You probably tried to open it to look at it... that's when it only shows the first frame of the animation and you lose all the other frames unless you opened it in an animation program (which most people wouldn't have). Delete the one you tried to save and go back to the animation to re-save.

Right click on the animation and chose "save as" or "save image as"... I use XP on a PC so mine says "save image as". Save the animation and either kee the same file name or change it to something you like better and make sure you save it as a .gif. This animation for some reason has a .jpg extension but it still adds the .gif extension after that. I tried saving the animation as is as a gif both ways and it worked (as blahblah.jpg.gif and blahblah.gif). Save the animation to your desktop or in some folder on your computer of your choice that you'll know where it is. I put it in my huge "Humor" file.

Then don't open it. It will remain as an animation as long as you don't try to open it on you computer unless you open it in an animation program which you probably don't have (usually only us animation makers would have one). It will be saved as an animation though if you look at the thumbnail of it on your computer you'll only see the still image of the first frame of the animation. It will be saved as an animation though. Once it's saved on your computer you can email it or put it on facebook or whatever.

If you want to test on your computer that it animates send it embedded in an email to yourself... it will animate in the email that you receive back but might show up as a still frame or a box with a red X in it in the email that you put it in to send to yourself. You could also email it to yourself to test it as an attachment rather than embedded in the email. Best jut to trust that it saved as an animation though because as long as you save it as a .gif it will.

I don't know how you put images or animations on facebook since I don't use it, but I would imagine that at some point it prompts you to insert the file name of whatever image you want to put on there, so at that point just use the browse option to insert the file name of the animation and transfer it on to facebook. Just do whatever you would do if it were a still image that you were putting on facebook and trust that it saved as an animation on your computer.

Just remember that once you save it to your computer don't try to open it on your computer because that's what will ruin the animating as it will only be able to open in an image program that doesn't have the capability of opening animations. Doing that will make the file lose all the frames of the animation except the first image frame and forever after it will look like a still image of just that first frame no matter what you do with it.

If you have any problems send me a PM and I'll walk you through it. I've been making animations for years so I know all these weird pitfalls and have long since made and figured out every mistake or weirdness there is.

Photoscape is a free picture editor with animated gifs included. But, if you have used 'save image as', you can open any animated gif in Internet Explorer and it should play.

Let's just dump "Verdict Watch" from the title of this thread and call it what it really is "Purgatory, Day 2."

This twitter page has a lot of the court docs. She is an AZ resident who got a bunch from the courthouse before the order was entered stopping public disclosure of certain records. Scroll down to find the links for several motions and things.

https://twitter.com/zou2

The letter from her mom is here:

http://twitdoc.com/20PC

So Kirk "knows everything about her and her circumstances"...?

Really now? You think maybe that may be THE reason he wanted off this case, Sandy?

I hope the jury gives you the best imaginable gift ever today.

Day 3 of lemon water fasting for me. I may have to break down at supper and make myself a carrot/apple/pear in my juicer. Hoping and praying today is the day, trying to remain positive but I feel if they don't do it today, then they've taken M1 off the table.

When I heard JM explain M1 and the criteria for reaching that decision, I felt like there is absolutely no other way they can rule in this case. I just don't see how, if they follow the law, they can find her guilty of anything less.

Even if you take out the stuff that points to premeditation beforehand, and her actions afterward, DURING the actual murder she premeditated it - 3 times, and even if you don't believe in the premeditation - it's still felony murder. So how the jury could come back with anything but M1 would mean they discarded the definition of M1 and the law.

I'm holding out for M1, the facts do not support M2 or manslaughter.

Yes, The Farm, I've posted this morning but nothing astrological. If that is where your curiosity lies, Mercury and Mars are both bang on the Foreman or Sun of the Submission to the Jury horoscope. This provides him or her with well formed concerns of the other jurors, including any questions they might have about the evidence or about conflicting information. This gives the foreman what he needs to move ahead. Cricket49 is right about the virtues of Taurus, where we find the foreman and all of the present activity. Venus in Taurus has been passing through some very dire Fixed Stars, including Caput Algol, the worst star in the heavens. This relates to the visual evidence of the case, which the jury was forced to examine and study again. We realise there is a lot to consider and to organise but let us hope the jurors form their conclusions and voting decisions before the solar eclipse. Of course, we are already under its influence. The eclipse is precisely on the victim Travis of the murder chart, which tells us the jurors are contemplating the agony and terror he suffered.

Tuba, I really don't understand most of this...but the last line BBM above I understand fully. THANK YOU

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 53s

Valerie just went into the juror room again. Val is a busy woman today. #JodiArias

Does anyone remember .. did Juan go over the definition of 'reasonable doubt' in his closing?

Yes, but he defined "beyond reasonable doubt" as, "firmly convinced." I think all mention of "doubt" should be removed from jury instructions as it is so often an unnecessary sticking point for jurors. Firmly convinced works well.

I have not heard of this letter. Can I get a link?

ETA: found it
wow! How dare she say that; that she "doesn't deserve the death penalty"

If ever a case deserved Death; it IS This Case.

Hey everyone. I'm sitting here while my students take a final exam. This room is so freaking hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper