Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not that i would ever need to - but in all these years i could have come up w/ a way better story than jodi did - she had 2 years to make up this story - but she still made it too crazy to be true - instead of expert psychologists nurmi should have gotten her expert fiction crime writers

yep, and thats what gets me, my friends that don't watch or follow. they don't realise all
the legal wrangling that went on. thats why i like websleuths!! you people are the reason
i can NOT talk to them about this trial. or should i say DO NOT. it's just better that way...

Well kids, (that's Dewey's term of endearment) it's been a very long and stressful day for my wife and I, and on very little sleep I might add. So I'll bid you all a good night, and we'll see you in cyber court in the morning.
I'd like to leave you all with these two thoughts.
#1 Feel free to blame all my typos and mistakes on Rose, ever since she mentioned those sourdough donuts, I've been too excited to think and type at the same time.

#2 I'd like to see all of us here who have morally supported the Alexander family and all who have sought justice for Travis to take it one step further in his memory. I propose we all do one random act of kindness for a stranger in Travis' name. Are you up for it?

We do acts of kindness for others whenever we get the chance - Dewey: We so miss our little Schnauzer and our Shepherd - husband tells me everyday - Baby, I need a dog.....I must have PTSD because I dream of our little Schnauzer and Shepherd almost daily.....I'm just not ready yet. Take care of those babies, Friend !

The charges are a building block.

The lesser charges don't require certain elements, than as you move up the ladder........... to first degree, they ADD the elements. So lesser charges don't have it. The lesser charges don't have the premed, but as you move up the ladder, it incorporates all the stuff below, and then ADDS premeditation to the lesser charge.

HTH.......... or perhaps someone else can explain better than I at 3:25 in the am after being in New Orleans for J*zz Fest and getting about 10 hours sleep over 4 days, lol!

Thanks. It's not worded that way. That's my confusion. It's saying that first degree premeditated murder includes the lesser charge of second degree murder--which the only difference is premeditation.

That word includes means it falls under the same category, right?

I completely understand the hierarchy of charges. I just don't understand the language they used.

I agree. Also, something I've been thinking about lately. Why bring a gun and a knife? Here's what I think. The knife was meant for Travis, up close and very personal, The gun was she was planning to use in case one of his roommates came home and caught her leaving. I believe that was her original plan. She was prepared to kill anyone who came into that house while she was there.

JA may have also thought she was very slick and would make investigators think there must have been 2 people that committed this crime...

In response to a post I can no longer find women's prisons revolve around women like Jodi. They have a lot of influence over other inmates and with Jodi being smarter than most and manipulating being a part of her personality she'll do fine.
As a staff member we depended on Jodi's. They were quick to tell someone if anything was planned where someone would get hurt -- they're loyal to no one.
The only punishment she could get is death row. Solitude is her enemy and she would have a life of writing appeal after appeal. She wouldn't trust an attorney to do that.
Here's hoping for justice for Travis.

Great post! Just as I thought, Jodi will do just fine with LWOP. She will flourish! All of her conniving, manipulating talents will finally be appreciated. I am praying for the DP - anything less will be too easy for this unremorseful murderess. She will go mad in isolation!

What are some good Travis "tribute videos" to watch while we're waiting for the verdict? Please share what you have. The only one I have is to Kenny Chesney's song "Who You'd Be Today."

I thought her father caught her ditching school with some guy doing "something" and he grounded her. She didn't like her father telling her that and moved out of the house and into BJ's house that her mother said she did not approve of her relationship with this BJ guy. JA didn't want to be disciplined by her parents already. She was already gone. JMO

Yes, that happened and she sneaked moved out. Her mom caught her and asked her what she was doing on the way out the door with the cat. she said, "oh nothing," and left. The mom thought she was going to school, I guess. She made a show of telling how she'd tried to pack quietly and made sure her father hadn't disengaged her car, etc, but she accidentally fell asleep and woke up and her mom was cooking breakfast.

I guess there are some teens who want to be disciplined by their parents. I wasn't one of them. But because I didn't want to me, I avoided trouble.

I'm sure her parents could have done better. I just also think Jodi was gonna be borderline Jodi no matter what. Even if her mother sat her, she'd still do what she wanted when her mother got up. And she'd blame her mother, like with these alleged wooden spoons.

Jodi was even snarky talking about her father smacking her in the face twice. I found it sobering that she had an underlining tone that it was funny or that she'd been clever with the answer that had caused her father to smack her twice. That showed she was beyond anyone but the police's control.

My father always told us kids that if he and my mom couldn't tell us what to do, then a police officer would be the one telling us what to do, and in Jodi's case, seems my dad was right.

Yes, that happened and she sneaked moved out. Her mom caught her and asked her what she was doing on the way out the door with the cat. she said, "oh nothing," and left. The mom thought she was going to school, I guess. She made a show of telling how she'd tried to pack quietly and made sure her father hadn't disengaged her car, etc, but she accidentally fell asleep and woke up and her mom was cooking breakfast.

I guess there are some teens who want to be disciplined by their parents. I wasn't one of them. But because I didn't want to me, I avoided trouble.

I'm sure her parents could have done better. I just also think Jodi was gonna be borderline Jodi no matter what. Even if her mother sat her, she'd still do what she wanted when her mother got up. And she'd blame her mother, like with these alleged wooden spoons.

Jodi was even snarky talking about her father smacking her in the face twice. I found it sobering that she had an underlining tone that it was funny or that she'd been clever with the answer that had caused her father to smack her twice. That showed she was beyond anyone but the police's control.

My father always told us kids that if he and my mom couldn't tell us what to do, then a police officer would be the one telling us what to do, and in Jodi's case, seems my dad was right.

I think Jodi was so far beyond control by the time her folks really clued into it, there was no way to get her back. I thought her abuse claims against her folks were just as laughable as those against Travis.

"My mom carried around a wooden spoon in her pocketbook to spank me." Then she breaks down in tears like she was recounting a horrific rape or something. "Her nails dug into my arm!" Come on.

Liar Liar pants on fire,
Your nose is longer than
A telephone wire....

Really though. Her twitter posts were made just an hour ago. Does she have contact with this Donovan person every day that is supposedly tweeting for her?

I am firmly convinced that Arias is a danger to society. There are many dangerous sick individuals in our society. Arias, however, has been caught. Arias, IMO, is void of anything human. Arias is a master manipulator - she can trick people with her ability to speak eloquently. Not only this - Arias is able to become a master in the subject matter that her prey is interested in. Arias did this with Travis Alexander - pretending to be Mormon - quoting the Book of Mormon - pretending to be interested in the Mormon faith.

Arias is pure evil - she is able to conceal it very well. She has a "collection" of personalities, and, personifications. Showing the human characteristics that she has stolen from others - Arias is able to camouflage the demented maniac that she is.

Similar to the way that Arias copies pictures and claims that they are her own personal pieces of art - Arias' being is fraudulent. Arias' art, persona, words, actions that she embodies to "catch" prey are all counterfeit.

This type of evil is not easily detected. If it were - Travis Alexander would still be alive. We are all "prey" to the evil abomination that Arias is.

It is impossible to understand crazy - evil abominations that are in our world. We watched Arias give convincing interviews explaining how two people came to Travis Alexander's house and murdered him - we heard her describe how wonderful Travis Alexander was - we saw Arias personify a soft spoken, sweet, innocent, calm person. We saw her attempt to pass herself off as naive - her behavior in the police interrogation videos. It was as if Arias thought, "if I ask if I can freshen up before I am booked ... if I do a hand stand ... if I tell how worried I am about my family ... I will make them think, 'Arias could not have done this - if she were guilty she would not ask to freshen up before being booked - she cannot even grasped this situation which means she would never be able to slaughter another person."

Arias Murdered Travis Alexander like a Leopard Killing it's Prey.​

Arias is an animal - she is as human as a Leopard. A leopard lying in wait to kill it's prey will often study it - waiting for the right moment to pounce. When leopards are wounded they become more dangerous. This is unusual as most animals that are injured run away, and, hide. After a leopard kills it's prey - the leopard hides it's dead / dying prey by dragging it up into trees. ]Arias did not drag Travis Alexander up into a tree - but she drag him back to the shower hiding her prey like an animal.

This jury has to find Arias guilty of Premeditated Murder - Travis Alexander might as well been attacked by a leopard on June 4, 2008. If that had been the case - the leopard would have been put "down" by now.

There is no way to integrate Arias to make her a complete human being - this is as realistic is a person trying to make a leopard human. It is impossible.

Nothing about Arias is right - nor does it make sense. Again, we've seen her use her mimicry skills to behave sweet and naive. Yet during her trial she decided to use her mimicry skills to act defiant - I do believe that Arias believes that she was a lawyer sitting with colleagues at the defense table.

Arias is not a lawyer - she is not an artist - she is too old to change - plus she has already butchered another human being to death, and, ENJOYED IT!

Now I read that 4 hours ago Arias has tweeted:
I would have signed a plea years ago to avoid this disaster, but I was refused a plea as the State and the family refused to settle.

I wanted so much to avoid a trial but the State forced it. My only other option was suicide, and, well...

Re: commissary many of the items I didn't receive were for indigent girls less fortunate than me. I thankfully have a mini surplus of food.

N DisGrace has set back the cause of all women who have survived domestic violence. Her circus makes a mockery of something very serious.

I CANNOT comment on those tweets right now - especially "I was refused as the State and the family refused to settle," and, "many of the items I didn't receive were for indigent girls less fortunate than me."

The family refused to settle?

Indigent girls? - Arias has been declared indigent this is why she is receiving a defense paid for by the wonderful people of Arizona. If Arias has some money - she should be forced to pay the state back for her trial - or use it to keep her family in Arizona - instead of getting donations.

More than likely - Arias' website "the donations" is money that has been illegally obtained, and, criminals (since they are smart in terms of knowing how to work the system) are "running" the illegal monies through the "donations." This would allow The Arias Family not to have to answer to the IRS as to where they are getting their money.

Arias "donations" seem like a scam to me - I cannot imagine people donating a significant amount of money to her. If they have money from illegal sources - then I can understand how Arias' donations do produce money.

I would like to see the FBI - or the correct government agency investigate Arias' site, and, the money.

How Arias could write "the family refused to settle," is beyond any understanding. Again, no one can make sense out of crazy. Arias if she were a normal human being - and did murder Travis Alexander in self defense - would not write something so outrageous as that. Arias knows what she did to Travis Alexander's body - she has seen the pictures of his butchered body. Arias cannot, will not, is incapable of realizing how difficult it is for everyone to see what she did to Travis Alexander.

I'm scared - I thought that the jury would be back with a first degree guilty verdict by now.

Arias does not belong in society - Arias in society is as reasonable as being asked to live with a Leopard. Arias has done enough harm, injury and evil - she deserves the death penalty for murdering Travis Alexander - and she deserves the death penalty because Arias does not care that she murdered Travis Alexander - if she cared she would not be tweeting the statements above.

Again, I am getting nervous about "Verdict Watch."

JA may have also thought she was very slick and would make investigators think there must have been 2 people that committed this crime...

Just jumping off your post...Jodi is apparently a fan of "mixed media" when it comes to murder. Didnt LE find both a nine millimeter gun and knives in her car after her arrest?

Well kids, (that's Dewey's term of endearment) it's been a very long and stressful day for my wife and I, and on very little sleep I might add. So I'll bid you all a good night, and we'll see you in cyber court in the morning.
I'd like to leave you all with these two thoughts.
#1 Feel free to blame all my typos and mistakes on Rose, ever since she mentioned those sourdough donuts, I've been too excited to think and type at the same time.

#2 I'd like to see all of us here who have morally supported the Alexander family and all who have sought justice for Travis to take it one step further in his memory. I propose we all do one random act of kindness for a stranger in Travis' name. Are you up for it?
Sleep well, Dewey.

I'm in for #2, I think it's a wonderful idea. I'm excited to think of something to do for a stranger!

I think Jodi was so far beyond control by the time her folks really clued into it, there was no way to get her back. I thought her abuse claims against her folks were just as laughable as those against Travis.

"My mom carried around a wooden spoon in her pocketbook to spank me." Then she breaks down in tears like she was recounting a horrific rape or something. "Her nails dug into my arm!" Come on.

Hahaha you're so right. When she was recounting those "memories" I was like... Seriously? I think it was very telling that the best abuse stories she could come up with were so mild. Except for the choking incident of course. :boohoo:

She just really wanted everyone to feel sorry for her :/ Ugh, when I read her tweets earlier this evening about either suicide or the trial I was pi**ed. How many times has she brought up suicide during this trial? Her feeble attempts at creating sympathy are disgusting.

Suicide is a serious thing but after threatening it so many times it turns into the girl who cried wolf. In reality it's just her manipulation coming into play once more.

Just a little been trying on and off since I got up to get in forums. We sure don't need this forum down on the day of verdict. Hoping for a verdict today.

Wow, I flipped out this AM, I couldn't get on the site, said a Database error. I've never seen that before. I'm so glad we are back. Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aburke