Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie, what time do you think the jury will start arriving? Were some of them really early or late yesterday or right on time?

Here's where I'm confused.

If it's M1, then the jury has to get back to work and they still can't be identified.

Am I wrong?

Yes including all alternates but the next phases could easily be completed by this or friday

Good Morrow, Chaps! I smell something burning....Whatever could it be?

Hey, Sleuth, there's a catfight brewing with some of the women over Dr. Horn. What's your favorite flavor of jello?

I think there are other subtle signs a verdict could come today- choosing lunch brought in yesterday, all chatty and cohesive looking at the end of yesterday, late start today plus Beth Karas predicts a verdict today ;)

I hope you are right!!

Oh and Beth predicts for today? I was unaware of that.

Beth and yourself are way closer to the action then me and have insights that we don't

I surely hope that my original post is incorrect. I would love to be wrong because I don't think I've ever followed a case with a defendant who stirs ups so much anger in me.

I have never been on a jury, so I am asking is it typical for jurors to dress up in their Sunday best when arriving at the verdict.?

You can't think of one reason why they might start 1 hour later? Okay how about:

- Someone has a child and that child needs to be dropped off or has an appointment or daycare or something.

- Someone (who thought the trial would be over by now) made an appointment for first thing this morning and didn't want to cancel it, perhaps a medical appointment as those can take weeks to get.

- Someone's spouse needs a ride somewhere in the morning due to <pickAreason>.

- Someone has an elderly parent who needs to get somewhere for some reason.

- The jury already made their decision and wanted overnight to think on it and saw no reason to start at 9am when they could avoid rush hour traffic.

There's 5 reasons just off the top of my head.

Sorry...I disagree. None of those things except the last one make any sense, based on what we know of this jury...and hell any jury at this stage in the game. I just don't.

The "rush hour traffic" thing doesn't sit right with me either...but that's just me. These people have been going through this for 4 months. They set their OWN SCHEDULE! If they didn't want to deal with traffic, they could have set their deliberation schedule to actually start at 10am.

The fact that the second day they are starting an hour late...and we have been told repeatedly that there will be a 1 hour lead time in advance of verdict being read, tells me - any maybe JUST me - that they will announce there is a verdict at 9am.

If they reached their verdict at say 3:30 or 4pm yesterday...that would mean that court personnel would have to stay MUCH LATER than their usual quitting time if the verdict was announced yesterday. There is no reason for that.

Which is why I said there is no other REAL explanation other than they have reached a verdict. I guess you missed that post - which was made before the one you quoted. There were some other posts after that, and that's when I posted the above in response to those...in addition to my original post.

Does that make any sense? LOL!!

*brings in pompoms*

What do we want?
A Verdict

When do we want it?
Now

V E R D I C T
Yaaaay Verdict.

You all are impressed I can tell.

Hey, Sleuth, there's a catfight brewing with some of the women over Dr. Horn. What's your favorite flavor of jello?

:floorlaugh: My favorite flavor of Jello? I can't remember the last time I had it, but I would have to say strawberry-banana.

Oh, you ladies and Dr. Horn. He's soooooooooooo dreaaaaaammmmmy.....
:floorlaugh:

:seeya:

I thought for sure we'd have a verdict yesterday. I'm starting to get nervous, even though a longer deliberation doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. I just want this waiting to be over with, especially for Travis's family.

I have a doctor appt at 2:30 today. The verdict better not be read during that time. Any other time, I'm good. Or maybe my doctor won't mind me playing it on my phone while he's diagnosing me (nothing serious, no worries). :)

I think Flores believed Jodi was telling the truth when she said the ninjas shot Travis first. I believe Flores accepted that as fact and regardless of the conversation he may have had with Dr. Horn that only Flores remembers at the autopsy in June, Dr. Horn's final opinion was that Travis was not shot first. The day of the autopsy may not have been the day he looked at the brain. But in the days following the main autopsy Dr. Horn would have examined the brain, gotten tests results back and compiled all his notes and then wrote his report in July. He is standing by that report.

All of this information does not matter. Dr. Horn has no reason to lie. He is not testifying for the defense. She overkilled him. The cutting of his throat when she could obviously have gotten away cancels out everything having to do with self-defense.

BBM.

To me, this is the essence of the case, plain and simple.

If a fellow juror did not see it this way, I would be talking myself blue in the face trying to explain this point. I just don't see it any other way.

I have never been on a jury, so I am asking is it typical for jurors to dress up in their Sunday best when arriving at the verdict.?

Yes very common and 7 and 13 have dressed very casual in the trial so their dress would be the "tell" for me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member