Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that Juan should have covered all the bases in the event that Jodi tried to alter her story. Now we know exactly why Nurmi had no questions for Walmart lady. Jodi told him it was a different Walmart. There are two Walmarts in Salinas and both of them should have provided reps to testify that Jodi returned no gas cans. That would have shut Nurmi down because Jodi also said that she did not leave Salinas with that third gas can.

the second walmart wasnt opened until 2010, so it wasnt there when she was there.......

I feel that Juan should have covered all the bases in the event that Jodi tried to alter her story. Now we know exactly why Nurmi had no questions for Walmart lady. Jodi told him it was a different Walmart. There are two Walmarts in Salinas and both of them should have provided reps to testify that Jodi returned no gas cans. That would have shut Nurmi down because Jodi also said that she did not leave Salinas with that third gas can.

But in 2008, there was only ONE Walmart. So that excuse doesn't fly. And the defense - out of all of the players - should have KNOWN that!

So he just flat out lied.

HLN's guess is no better or no worse than anyone else's guess but they are all guesses. I'm not sure how you can tell if someone is former military just by looking at them. Maybe if they saluted everyone that would be a tip off but my goofy cousin Roger salutes everyone and he's never seen military service.

BBM: :floorlaugh: My goofy cousin Roger...

I do think it's possible sometimes to spot former military folks though.

Roger, :peace: :soldier:

IIRC a poster here verified that the second Walmart location opened in 2010. No way to return the can there unless she dropped it on an empty lot.
In a courtroom there is an expectation of truth. And all anyone has to do is remember back or look back at the testimony given after taking the oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
JM covered all the bases. Expect that JA would again lie? Heavens yes! But she told her tale on the stand. The jurors were there. They heard it. Nurmi made himself look less than professional and less than trustworthy with that trick. JMO

Nah, the he&& you say! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
You have been so cool at getting your message across without actually getting your message across! Feels good, doesn't it? :rockon:

Sometimes ya just gotta say, "screw it, I'm telling the truth". My old friend jumped the shark months ago and fell in to an abyss of bias. His trial coverage has sucked. Primarily because it's NOT TRUE in many ways. :rockon:

But in 2008, there was only ONE Walmart. So that excuse doesn't fly. And the defense - out of all of the players - should have KNOWN that!

So he just flat out lied.

I think he just threw one, of many, turds against the wall. Including his own client.

Here's some positive thinking along the lines of a verdict coming down today .....

What do jurors have to do?

Review 4+ months of information.

In this case they were able to immediately clear up any confusion they might have had regarding testimony and evidence. Their ability to ask questions is the reason that there will be little left to do in deliberations.

TODAY!!!

I didn't start following this trial until just before Jodi took the stand so I didn't know all the details prior to her arrest. I saw something about when she was arrested she had a gun and bullets in her rental car. Do you think that because she was (for a short time) so successful in her killing and getting away with it - she was convinced she could right every perceived wrong against her with the same violence. Can a person with a mental disorder like hers become somewhat of a serial killer - by feeling justified and also gleeful in "taking out" anyone who is seen as an enemy or obstacle - standing in the way of her getting what she believes she's entitled to? Just curious as to what you think she would have done in the future if she was not caught.

Chris Hughes was asked during his radio interview on Sunday about the gun and the knives and any potential targets. He did not discount that perhaps JA might have had him and his wife in her sights.

There has been a lot of speculation about her plans with the rental car and these weapons on the eve of her arrest. Wish we knew.

As more information comes out, while JA appeared to be superficially calm, internally she was a confused mess. Her long letter to Mumu describes the ninja story (per CH) and this was written prior to her arrest. She did tell her father that she would be gone for three days; if she was not lying perhaps she did have more murderous plans in her.

Has it ever come out whether or not she had a valid passport in 2008?

Looking at the clock here, it is now 8:30 AZ time, so the murderess should be tucked away in the holding cell at the courthouse. Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.

Were there any discussions about RS's testimony of comparing Jodi's pseudo-ptsd to that of a solider suffering from true ptsd?

OMG! yes...yes..yes. There is much outrage over RS testiphony....to make a mockery of PTSD in relation to Jodi and what our Soldiers who truly suffer from PTSD was totally disgusting:stormingmad:

So I just heard on HLN that the jury won't show today for deliberations until 10am instead of the regular schedule and that this could mean 1) a juror had a prior obligation which I doubt b/c they all know they are on jury duty and have kept their schedules open. or 2) they reached a verdict last night but wanted to sleep on it.

HLN then said that if the jury shows up dressed up that they probably have a verdict. And sure enough I have to work at 11am mountain time and will probably miss it if they have a verdict this morning.....

I just read the latest tweets. OMG
That you-know-what got a dig in at the family for rejecting the plea deal.

As if she is trying to blame them for the fact that the trial has continued.

She forgets who put everyone in this situation in the first place.

She is oblivious.

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems like your posts are mainly coming from a place of fear. I've seen your posts agreeing JA is guilty of 1st degree murder. I've also seen you handle, quite well I might add, a poster who was obviously from the pro JA site who was trying to justify JA's actions. Hang in there with us!! I really think this jury is very smart and has seen through the defense's bs. There will be justice for Travis!!!

I've been trying to figure out how I could comment, but you said it perfectly. Great post.

The whole story starts on page 14 of the "Katiecoolady Holds Court" thread...with pictures. ;)

For anyone who maybe feeling stressed, down, sad or any other negative emotion right now, go and read this story.

I feel at Peace, only word to describe how I feel at this very moment.

Thank You KCL for sharing this and Thank You BB for your kind heart and soul and Thank You T's sis for allowing this story to be told.

Today is my Birthday and I should get what I want. Right?

:cheer::cheer:

I really really want a guilty verdict today!!!!!!!

:please::please:

This is utterly incomprehensible to me. Why, in good conscience, would someone want to side with a murderer? Why root for someone who destroyed scores of lives?

I wouldn't have believed they were doing that, but they really are. The motivation behind it still escapes me though. It's just sick and sad.

I do know the motivation and he has very little to do with Jodi Arias. But still sick imo.

the second walmart wasnt opened until 2010, so it wasnt there when she was there.......

Even better. Call a witness with Walmart business records to testify that there was no other Walmart in 2008.

Today is my Birthday and I should get what I want. Right?

:cheer::cheer:

I really really want a guilty verdict today!!!!!!!

:please::please:
You and Steven Alexander and another regular courtwatcher Cody who turns 21 today. 3 signs of good luck. :seeya:

Expect a verdict soon. I have a dentist appointment this afternoon- an since ALL big verdicts have come in when I'm in my car, it could very well be this afternoon.
I'll leave my dog here to wave bye-bye to Jodi.

Sometimes ya just gotta say, "screw it, I'm telling the truth". My old friend jumped the shark months ago and fell in to an abyss of bias. His trial coverage has sucked. Primarily because it's NOT TRUE in many ways. :rockon:

I'm not always liked by those around me because I have a mouth and I use it to tell the truth. It is what it is. I try to stay classy about it and I have to thank you a thousand times over for not only keeping us updated with your first hand knowledge but also for not being self serving. You have always put the Alexanders first and never said or done anything that would violate their privacy and their grace.
I had to say that. Been thinking it but wanted you to know how I feel.
You've been through the ringer, girl, but you've taken that experience to do so much good. This world is a much better and brighter place with you in it. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lotsofelbowd