Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who listened to the chatshow last night, Chris talked a lot about forgiveness. Michael just posted this comment on Observers thread in response to MandyLeigh. I thought it was good to read here too

For yrs I spent my life thinking Forgiveness was not mine to give that it was up to a higher power, but now I know that it is mine to give and if I chose to do so or not, it is a gift that I can give or not. It's the punishment that I am not able to give that is up to the higher power. So I chose to forgive because it is best for my soul. I however do not hold it against anyone who does not forgive for whatever their reasons are, we all have to live our own lives. I do believe in the death penalty though as it is a part of our justice system and a way to keep innocents safe.

Yes -- they will decide whether to impose the death penalty if she's found guilty of First Degree Murder or Felony Murder. I'm not sure whether they will be sequestered during the whole sentencing hearing, but they will when/if deliberating again.
No sequestration at all.

From WAT :

1 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

It's hotter up here in the hallway for some reason than outside. Ugh. Wild is all about complaining now. Wild About Complaints. #JodiArias

3 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

::dreaming of golfing::

:floorlaugh: Gotta hand it to WAT for hanging out there all day !

Try to remember that even if every juror is 100% convinced, they have been together for months now, with one very big thing in common, and unable to discuss it. They need time to talk about EVERYTHING that they've been holding in all this time.

I have been on a jury twice...once a Grand Jury...and even that...after...we wanted to TALK about it. (GJ...you "vote" then and there)

On the regular jury...it was so cut and dried...but we still wanted to talk for hours!! We even talked about the clothes people wore, courtroom observers, the Judge...everything. None of it mattered at all in the verdict, we just wanted to finally be able to talk about our thoughts throughout trial. We knew our verdict pretty much right away, we just wanted to hang out and get it all out I guess.

Convenient. Now you won't be expected to do anything other than the verdict watch. Premeditated?

j/k

HA. I was just about to say that's a drastic way to get out of cooking during verdict watch

Favorite quotes

A reasonable person, she is not a reasonable person, she is a liar and a killer.

"Or perhaps Washington Mutual subscribes to the law of attraction"

I'd forgotten the Scott Peterson verdict took 7 days... 7 days on this one would feel like forever + 100 MORE forever's. God Speed Jurors!

His case was circumstantial and no confession as we have here.

My gut feeling is telling me a verdict isnt far off (I hope I'm right)

I'd forgotten the Scott Peterson verdict took 7 days... 7 days on this one would feel like forever + 100 MORE forever's. God Speed Jurors!

Thanks, I was thinking about that earlier. I couldn't remember how long they took.

OMG, my heart is racing - I'm working from home today and I very rarely get texts, but wouldn't you know so far today I've had 8 of them!!!!!

Yikes, this is making me jump each time I hear the "ding" . . .

Come on wonderful jurors of my county . . . please relieve us of our stress and bring justice for dear Travis and his family . . . thank you!

I'm not surprised this is taking a long time. I have been in enough meetings where there are always a couple of blowhards who just love to hear themselves talk, and never say anything substantive. If they have a couple of those in there, this could take days.

Many of us think that after four months of not being able to talk about the case with each other, they actually want to talk about the case with each other.

True, but this isn't the only murder case in history and many juries have a verdict in no time. I think a couple days ago I read a jury came back in 15 minutes with a guilty verdict. And, that was with Juan Martinez as Prosecutor.

How many hours have you discussed this case???
Give the jury a break for wanting to discuss the facts they haven't been able to speak about for 4 long months.
Just think it they start reading her journals it will take weeks, if not months j/k :lol:

On a side note, I just ate two servings of a Paleo Triple Berry Cobbler that I made, while the jurors were on their lunch break.

I'm so stuffed, I hope I don't fall asleep and the verdict comes back. haha

Reading the sheer number of text msgs between Travis and Jodi would keep them there for a month! Reading the journal, a couple of weeks at best.

If I was a juror I would read everything...and laugh, and poke fun, and comment about how "bat chit crazy" she is, how evil she is, how obsessed she was with Travis. I'd have a real clear picture of her before I voted "Guilty" and sentenced her to "death"...and I would sentence her to death. I feel certain the jury will as well.

You know they are both laughing and crying over all her fodder.

It says "waiting" as opposed to "reached a verdict" so I wouldn't get too excited..jmo

Eta: I re-read. Jodi may have the option to hang with her lawyers instead of cells? Anyone know about this?

idk, but from what i read jodi has to wait in the holding cell because of security reasons, so they don't have to have a bailiff assigned to her - so idk if she is allowed to wait in courtroom - especially since there are other cases going on imo

I just want to thank each of u for being here to help hold my hand, calm my heart, and keep me imploding .... I'm such a nervous wreck ... Continue to pray for that murder one verdict!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cambridge here and so keen for the result i made best friend watch rebuttals onwards...well that or see me in afew weeks

Martha stewart is jumping into the dating circle...that is hard to believe, Just like a not guilty verdict would be here ha?

I'm guessing she is sitting in a cell and they are at their offices.

Its yummy. Just ignore how its made:floorlaugh:

It's good with ketchup....:floorlaugh:
Especially with a drambuie chaser...:floorlaugh:
C'iad Mille Failte!

(....from New Scotland...nova scotia:seeya:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter