Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the jurors be taking a mid-afternoon break?
I'm sure HLN will let us know with "BREAKING NEWS" -- bathroom break and snack time!

My stomach is a mess and if you people keep talking about your delicious dishes, I'm resorting to eating ice cream out of the container (and blaming you all)!

I'm not surprised this is taking a long time. I have been in enough meetings where there are always a couple of blowhards who just love to hear themselves talk, and never say anything substantive. If they have a couple of those in there, this could take days.

I think Nurmi would agree with this. They have a lot to conversate about.

Lots of Scots here! (I'm an American mutt, myself.) That traditional Scottish prayer just jumped into my head:

From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!

(Preferably read in that great Scots burr)

Forget the ghoulies...please deliver JUSTICE...and preferably SOON. Like, TODAY.
:seeya:

My Grandpa was a Scot straight from the olde country. We always had to go to the Scottish gatherings in the bay area~ He would wear his kilt. He was from the MacDougall clan. I loved the bagpipes, caber toss, the highland dancing, and the scones and tea my Great Gran served afterwards ~:seeya:

O' and my Grandpa looooved Robert Burns.

thats nuts! saying its bad enuff what happened to TA, but how could she leave napolean by himself! i am sorry there is no comparison - and i say this as some one who rescues - i just do not understand ppl some times :(

There is a direct relationship between an animal left behind by it's owner or vice versa. I believe our animals bear a piece of their owners soul, and again, vice versa. Ever read the Rainbow Bridge? Travis and Napolean will be reunited soon there. Napolean would surely like justice for his "Person".

I hope you do too......Scotland is beautiful......if the weather is nice it`s just about perfect!!! Particularly the West Coast.........breathtaking!! Bath is lovely too.

I love the USA......only been to Florida and New York.....but will see more of it one day.

Yes the international interest is heartwarming to see........I tried not to get too invested in this trial but I did....then I found WS site.

This site sure moves fast!!!!!!

Scotland is on my "bucket list." :blushing:

Im so nervous, y'all. Im having flashbacks of a certain verdict read on a hot July 5th. I just dont understand how ANYONE cannot see the premeditation in this. I think he was weak when she showed up, and had sex with her. Guys are really good at seperating sex from any real feelings for the individual. I think perhaps in the back (or front) she was thinking she could change his mind...and when after sex he indicated that no, he was still not interested in having a real relationship with her, she went ahead with killing him. I think she had some small hope there and when she didnt get her way, she killed him, which is what she had planned to do if he didnt "come around".

Listening to Chris Hughes last night, I was really wishing that JM had driven the point about that in 5 years the defense team has not located a single soul who Travis had mistreated. That speaks volumes.

Thinking about what a wonderful father Travis would have been and everything JA took away from him and his loving family.

:please::please::please:Members of the jury, do the right thing for Travis, his family and his beloved Napoleon.

HLN saying Naps left without food and water for 4 days.:banghead:

That is so sadistic.
She's also the worst thing that ever happened to Napoleon.
:stormingmad:

To think that their first vote would be unanimous is unrealistic, IMHO.

:seeya: JMO, but I think it is very realistic to think that they could be unanimous on the first go round -- the evidence is overwhelming and Mr. Martinez clearly PROVED PRE-MEDITATION ...

:moo:

Just heard that Chris and Skye will both be on Dr Drew tonight. I hope he gives them more than 2 minutes to talk.

I have been on a jury twice...once a Grand Jury...and even that...after...we wanted to TALK about it. (GJ...you "vote" then and there)

On the regular jury...it was so cut and dried...but we still wanted to talk for hours!! We even talked about the clothes people wore, courtroom observers, the Judge...everything. None of it mattered at all in the verdict, we just wanted to finally be able to talk about our thoughts throughout trial. We knew our verdict pretty much right away, we just wanted to hang out and get it all out I guess.

:goodpost:

Thought this would be quite appropriate about now....
[video=dailymotion;x1w4r3]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w4r3_tom-petty-the-waiting_music[/video]

Grilled cheese and tomato soup! I used to call that the tired mom's dinner. My kids are grown, but I still have it on occasion. A great dinner!

Grilled cheese and tomato soup is the best. Great comfort food. Yum

As much as Jodi lied and as cold as she was in court, that is all I would need for a guilty 1st deg murder! What is the problem here!?

Nearly 5:00 here in Michigan; 2:00 at the Maricopa County Courthouse. Come on, jury. We want a verdict - NOW!

From WAT :

1 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

It's hotter up here in the hallway for some reason than outside. Ugh. Wild is all about complaining now. Wild About Complaints. #JodiArias

3 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

::dreaming of golfing::

:floorlaugh: Gotta hand it to WAT for hanging out there all day !

It's hot up there because Jodi Evil Ann Arias is getting a signal from Satan. He says "I'm coming for you and I have all sorts of horrifying plans, mark my words you little Killer you!":stormingmad::stormingmad:

Reading the sheer number of text msgs between Travis and Jodi would keep them there for a month! Reading the journal, a couple of weeks at best.

If I was a juror I would read everything...and laugh, and poke fun, and comment about how "bat chit crazy" she is, how evil she is, how obsessed she was with Travis. I'd have a real clear picture of her before I voted "Guilty" and sentenced her to "death"...and I would sentence her to death. I feel certain the jury will as well.

You know they are both laughing and crying over all her fodder.

You bring up a good point that I hadn't considered. If they come up with a verdict now, they might lose access to that evidence. And they probably need the entertainment after so long in trial.

5 hours into #jodiarias jury deliberations, they have 2 1/2 more hours tonight to deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole