Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark chocolate mocha frap with a generous shot of orange flavored vodka is like eating one of those Terry's Chocolate Orange Balls we can only get at Christmas.....it tastes like....like....JUSTICE!

While we wait....Here is an interesting question for everyone

If Casey Anthony had been found guilty, would we be as nervous as we are right now regarding the Jodi Arias verdict?

(I have to keep reminding myself it was just one ((really)) bad verdict....and take a deep breath)

I'd forgotten the Scott Peterson verdict took 7 days... 7 days on this one would feel like forever + 100 MORE forever's. God Speed Jurors!

I see where HLN said that about the SP Trial, but everything else I have seen by googling says 3 days....12 hr. days. I can't remember but I don't think it was a week? Also, I found this little diddy by Mark Geragos: I don't care if you hate Scott Peterson," ...Sound familiar?

I'm a basket of nerves. hope the guilty~of~ first ~ degree proponents prevail.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Just heard that Chris and Skye will both be on Dr Drew tonight. I hope he gives them more than 2 minutes to talk.

I know right? I watch via the internet and they are never given enough time. I want in depth information but Dr. Drew and his talking heads barely give them any time at all. They need to ditch Dr. Drew and do a real in depth interview a la 48 hours or Dateline.

Please let the fact that they went in early for lunch mean they think they can wrap it up today ..

For those who listened to the chatshow last night, Chris talked a lot about forgiveness. Michael just posted this comment on Observers thread in response to MandyLeigh. I thought it was good to read here too

Thanks for posting that.....I listened to the radio show this morning and was feeling bad because I certainly am no place close to forgiving her.

thats nuts! saying its bad enuff what happened to TA, but how could she leave napolean by himself! i am sorry there is no comparison - and i say this as some one who rescues - i just do not understand ppl some times :(

Jodi left Naps because she killed Travis but she didn't leave him alone. Everyone forgets that Travis had roommates. They also forget Travis had roommates as to the reason Jodi didn't kill Travis the minute she arrived at his home.

*I have a cat and dog and it breaks my heart knowing Naps lost his best friend :(

So basically it's:

Not Guilty
Manslaughter
M1
M2

Is that right?

Reading the sheer number of text msgs between Travis and Jodi would keep them there for a month! Reading the journal, a couple of weeks at best.

If I was a juror I would read everything...and laugh, and poke fun, and comment about how "bat chit crazy" she is, how evil she is, how obsessed she was with Travis. I'd have a real clear picture of her before I voted "Guilty" and sentenced her to "death"...and I would sentence her to death. I feel certain the jury will as well.

You know they are both laughing and crying over all her fodder.

One thing I don't believe Juan brought up, which I felt was a big thing, is the fact that JA & TA exchanged 80,000 texts emails etc. and the DT brought up what, like 4 bad ones??? Give Me A Break!

So Jodi is kept in a holding cell at the courthouse during deliberations. Haha -- the worst of all options.

What do you like? BBQ? Cajun? Seafood? Texmex? Southern?

Sangrita drink?

Sangrita

INGREDIENTS

32 ounces tomato juice
2 cups fresh orange juice
1 cup Tequila (recommended: Herradura Blanco)
1 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup agave juice (or simple syrup)
5 dashes hot pepper sauce: (Tabasco)
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Lime wedged and sliced, for garnish and moistening glass rim

DIRECTIONS

Combine into a pitcher the tomato juice, orange juice, tequila, lime juice, agave, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate.

In a shallow bowl or plate, combine the smoked paprika and salt. Moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge, and dip into the paprika-salt mixture. Put ice into a glass, and pour the mixture over and garnish with a lime slice.

I want to move in with TexMex.

:waitasec:
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

The following is a message from CBS 5 News Director Michelle Donaldson.

"The trial of Jodi Arias has attracted national attention. The four months of testimony are finally over. Now, a jury takes up the sobering task assigned to it by our American system of justice. CBS 5 News has been humbled by the responsibility of covering this trial from gavel to gavel, cutting through the rhetoric to provide context and facts in relaying the key points of the case by the prosecution and defense. Our county courthouse has been transformed into a spectacle. Sound stages have been built and actors are playing the role of jurors on primetime television. While we at CBS 5 pledge continuing and professional coverage of the jury's decision, we will not add to the circus atmosphere by putting up tents or stages or hiring actors. We will not forget that at the heart of this case is a young man whose life was cut short and family members who grieve for him. A jury will decide whether the killing of Travis Alexander was murder, self-defense or something else. We will not turn it into entertainment. We recognize this trial is just one of the many stories weighing on the hearts and minds of the people in our community. We will not lose focus in continuing to bring you the news of the day with stories that help to inform, empower and keep you safe. CBS 5 News believes that holding the powerful accountable means holding ourselves accountable for journalism that matters. When the verdict does come down, you can count on CBS 5 to bring you the full story. In the meantime, we will dedicate ourselves to honest, relevant journalism and Telling It Like It Is."

http://www.kpho.com/story/22174436/message-from-cbs-5-news-director-on-jodi-arias-coverage

Beth Karas :heartbeat: just tweeted that there's still no word from the jury.

Didn't they have to start over at one point also? They had to bring in an alternate IIRC.

Twice. Two of the three jurors dismissed happened during deliberations and each time they had to start from the beginning again

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

While we wait....Here is an interesting question for everyone

If Casey Anthony had been found guilty, would we be as nervous as we are right now regarding the Jodi Arias verdict?

(I have to keep reminding myself it was just one ((really)) bad verdict....and take a deep breath)

The CA verdict floored me! Yes I think that verdict has made us all uneasy

True, but this isn't the only murder case in history and many juries have a verdict in no time. I think a couple days ago I read a jury came back in 15 minutes with a guilty verdict. And, that was with Juan Martinez as Prosecutor.
Thanks, I've been following trials for years too, so I'm well aware that juries in some murder trials reach a verdict quickly. Also aware of the 15-minute verdict in one of JM's cases. No one case is the same, and each jury is unique based on the composition of its members.

What Juan Martinez saw:

ruffy_german_shepherd_01.jpg_w450.jpg

Respectfully snipped by me
I see double this everyday! I am going with Juan's vision on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?