Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine you are in group of 18 people...all complete strangers....
You are put into a situation (just for an analogy) where everyone else is throwing water balloons at you. You don't know why you are being bombarded everyday for hours-but you are. You are not allowed to ask your fellow "water balloon victims" why you go home soaked and exhausted every day. Weird things happen like 3 of your "group" go missing...the media is camped outside the building you go in and out everyday (which was virtually empty before the end of February) ...and you hear whispers of the "water balloons" getting louder everyday....
After four months of this ...you are suddenly allowed to talk about the water balloon attacks that have gone on for a quarter of a YEAR....and you are sooooo relieved to finally say WTF was that???
Let them vent. This has nothing to do with the CA or OJ or any number of cases we don't even know that the outcomes of (like thousands a week!!!)

Be calm, have happy thoughts and love you all
(My water balloon analogy was dumb--but I hope somebody understands what I'm saying) :) (and reminds me in two days if we don't have a verdict)

Dwayne Cates on HLN said he thinks it will be 2nd degree. So that would mean they woul dhave to believe Jodi's story that she took Travis' gun, right? And they would ALSO have to believe her story about the rope, thus the knife just being there. I don't see how that's possible...there is no evidence of that. There IS however evidence that Jodi might have had the gun b/c we do have concrete evidence of the gun being "stolen" from the home she was staying in.
If they think Jodi brought the gun, that would have to automatically mean 1st degree, right?
I just do not see how it could be 2nd degree based on the jury instructions, like Juan said even b/w the first stab and the second fatal stab to the neck, there was premeditation, then premed. again before the gunshot.
I do not see HOW the jury could come up with any other verdict than 1st degree.

disregard the TH's. they don't know any more about this case than we do----in fact, i'd bet they know less.

they have no idea what that jury's doing.

Is it wishful thinking to assume the jury might be close since we haven't heard notification of an afternoon break?

well, i once saw Don Ho sittin in traffic in Honolulu. :drumroll:
seriously, thats all i got. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
LOL my mom was on the same flight as Starsky and Hutch on her way to Las Vegas, she was in heaven! She loved David Soul, for the youngsters here you will have to Google him!
I am soooo nervous!!

I met Donnie Osmond at Mr green Jeans in Toronto back in 1992....his son had just spilt chocolate milk....and was making a fuss...I took that opportunity to go get his autograph......:floorlaugh:

I checked Robert Redford into the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park. I worked in the park during summers, and after college graduation.
Actually all kinds of LA actors would come to Yosemite and stay at the Ahwahnee.

You could buy a t-shirt in the gift shop that said "My idea of camping is staying at the Ahwahnee." LOL.

Same here in TX for 2 weeks--did not even cover parking in the garage next to the courthouse. Could park blocks away for $5.

RE: Capital trial that I served on, you received $18/day for the first four weeks then it moved to $33/day. A parking ticket was validated by the clerk to pay for parking.

OKAY! What chore should I do next?

Vacuum the office?
OR
Fold some clothes?

What does Positive Bunny's other sign say?

Jury, he was naked he was wet! She brought the gun! :facepalm:

I posted an almost identical sentiment a couple of weeks ago. For me, just before she died I promised my grandma I'd take her 16-year old kitty. Kept her, and loved her, and she loved me back, for another 8.5 years. It was devastating when she died for exactly the reason you expressed.

I have to tell you.... when Grandma died, I stayed in her house. And had to tell her beloved kitty that Grandma wouldn't be coming home and that if Toots would let me, I'd be her person. It was the oddest thing.... Toots sat on the floor and I swear she listened carefully to me. Finally she gingerly got up on my lap, looked me in the face like she was examining my soul, and then made her decision and curled up on my lap. We both cried. And from then on, even though she grieved, she knew we needed each other and we were a "committed couple". lol

Deanna will for sure have a difficult time when it's time. Sigh.

I completely believe this communication between the two of you happened just as you perceived it. Animals are amazing. My heart hurts for Naps as much as anyone else who lost Travis. Naps could have become a hostage to fate if not for Travis' foresight. I've come to love that man for just that alone.

BJnV4kJCYAAlcGF.jpg

I want my pic taken with Positive Bunny.

AFTER the pics with the PT hotties, though :blushing:

Sorry, Bunny. Priorities, don'tcha know.

Cousins! :seeya:

My "kin" are actually from West Virginia and Kentucky...my husband calls me a "ridge runner!"

BUBBA!....hand me that jug of White Lightnin'...yeeHAW! *hic*

Lots of kin folk still filling jugs of White Lightnin around these here parts.:seeya:

I make my own - jalapenos and vinegar are cheap, you can make lots for a few dollars. They seem hotter to me because they aren't as "cooked" as the canned kind. I make candied jalapenos too.

Please share the recipe for candied jalapeños!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So....I tried to sign up for the verdict watch on wild about trial at the number given at the beginning of this thread....and now I have some angry man upset because I texted WAT at him. Lol...some people are just so flippin' testy.

:floorlaugh: That counts.

In 1981, Robert Redford called my home phone to talk to my (ex) pilot husband about the flight back to Sundance.

I answered the phone.

RR: Hi. This is Bob..........Bob Redford.

Me: :thud:

Back in the 80's Robert Redford came to look my parents' house that was being sold in Santa Fe. We were not supposed to be there when the realtor showed up with Redford, but of course my mom and I were not going to miss our chance to see him in person and meet him. So we got to meet him, and he also introduced himself as "Bob". :lol:

He did not buy our house

I've got a question. When the M1 verdict comes back, the next phase is whether or not she meets the qualifications for the DP, right? Was it cruel........enough.

How will the DT argue this if they are still maintaining the client's innocence? Will they argue Travis **deserved** to be butchered because JA says she dropped the camera? REALLY?
I'm wondering how their argument will effect the appeals likely to come.
What do you guys think?

I can't imagine what the DT will argue during this phase????

Maybe they're in there watching HLN and laughing at them trying to fill airtime while they wait. :floorlaugh:

But seriously they must have one or two hold outs for it to be taking this long.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member