Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This exactly.

If there isn't a murder conviction here my faith in the jury system will be beyond shattered. I do NEED a conviction here. I still can't watch the reading of the CA verdict. It causes me great anxiety.

Gauntlet, really liked your post. It is my deeply held belief that the comparisons come from a place of real PTSD (not kidding). This nation was and is collectively traumatized by the verdict in the CA case and likely still grieves the loss of this helpless little girl, as well as the loss of their faith in the justice system . It is my opinion that many people have been triggered by this case and the similarity is this; another innocent victim at the hands of a cold and calculating woman who deceives shamelessly to spare her own neck. Honestly, the feelings of fear/anxiety, helplessness and horror at the prospect of the justice system failing another innocent victim is understandable and expected. I deeply believe the outcome of this trial is important for so many reasons; e.g., restoration of faith in the justice system, justice for a victim that was trusting yet brutally killed, and the inequality of justice based on gender.

In my eyes you are so right about forgiveness, it is not a gift to the one being forgiven it is healing and peace for the one forgiving. JMO but I believe that forgiveness is in many, many people's heart but that process is not likely to begin until people know what punishment JA will receive.
Thank you both for your helpful insight and thoughts. :heart:

:seeya: Good Morning Y'All !

:please: Hopefully there will be a GUILTY 1st DEGREE VERDICT today !

:please: Justice for Travis !

I didn't follow the CA at all, but reading about it here in this case it seems that defense fellow was quite a charmer. I can't imagine anyone less charming than Nurmi, other than maybe Gus Searcy.

I didn't follow the CA at all, but reading about it here in this case it seems that defense fellow was quite a charmer. I can't imagine anyone less charming than Nurmi, other than maybe Gus Searcy.

OT:

Judge Perry has Baez pegged right when he said he came across as a used car salesman.

And a lot of people have been taken in by those kind of snake oil salesmen.

What an innovative design. :rolleyes: Long Beach. Who is from Long Beach?? I believe that would be Alyce Laviolette. Nope. I'm all for helping victims of violence, but I'm not sure anyone supported by ole Alyce is an actual victim. She lies, you know.

Why would anyone who was a victim of DV wear such a shirt?????? I would think you would want to forget you were ever in such a relationship not to be constantly reminded by a shirt you would wear to give power back to your abuser. Survivor reeks of ....... I was a victim. Part of healing is saying I am no longer a victim, I took my power back. Part of taking your power back is being able to feel normal again. Personally I don't even think ALV would agree with these shirts as they would advertise the fact that this woman is, in fact, in a vulnerable place and could be re-victimized.

Jodi has no idea what it feels like to be a victim.

Baez...charming?! Uh, in a word: NO. :floorlaugh:

Now, Juan Martinez, on the other hand, a seeker of truth and justice and dreamy, too!

Hold the horses, WHAT, I have not met anyone that did not follow the CA case. wow oh wow. Ya, Biaz was out there, Nurmi has nothing on Biaz.

Speaking of the defense, it was unnecessary for Nurmi to tell the jury that 9 days out of 10 he did not like JA.

Now I wonder, was this some type of ploy to make the jury feel sorry for JA, in that awwwwww, what a terrible defense she has, even her lawyer does not like her. :banghead:

I would think the majority of this jury might have discussions about whether it is Felony Murder or Premeditation and at this point they do not have to agree, only to Murder 1. There may be one or two holdouts for 2nd degree but I doubt they are married to it. Acquittal was not asked for by defense. They only asked the jury to find her guilty of manslaughter.

These jurors have not been able to discuss this case together. Aside from that some of them have bonded so they may want to discuss some aspects of the case. But a couple of those jurors are real smart cookies and have really paid attention to details so let's have confidence in them to do the right thing.

I agree. I think it's more likely there is a hung jury than a 2nd degree conviction and I think the chance they're hung is slim to none. Judging solely from the questions from the jury, we know there are at least a few of them who don't buy anything that has been said by JA or the DT as a whole. I have a hard time believing any of them would be talked into voting anything less than 1st degree. IMO, it's more probable that they would be able to convince anyone (hopefully NONE) who votes 2nd degree to switch to 1st.

I completely agree. I loved Juan's example of circumstantial evidence:

Woman sleeping on the beach. Wakes up and sees footprints going past her blanket. She didn't see or hear anything but it is still evidence somebody walked past her.

Another great example posted here a week or so ago was:
(I'm paraphrasing)
You are outside one night and it starts to snow. You see the snow, feel the snow, witness the snow. You have EYE WITNESSED that it snowed.

Then next morning a neighbor goes outside. He sees snow on the ground. He didn't see it fall, he was sleeping. But the snow is there. That is CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence. He can't say he WITNESSED it snowing, but the snow on the ground is proof enough to say it snowed last night.

Circumstantial evidence means the evidence all points to that conclusion, it doesn't mean you have to have witnessed it to say it happened.

Juan doesn't need video or photos of JA actually killing Travis (although he almost has them!), he only needs to show that the evidence leads to that conclusion.

Yesterday I prepared as if for a siege. Cooked up a pound of hamburger, a package of Italian sausage, a bunch of chicken parts; prepped veggies for salad. So while we're on Verdict Watch, I can throw a decent dinner in a nanosecond, if need be! I owe my hubby wholesome meals this week. :) Good thing he's into this trial, too!

(P.S. When I pulled out the drawer beneath the oven, there was a rat snake curled up there! two days ago there was a mouse in my bedroom! I feel like I'm living in a hellish version of Animal Pl net. :( Apparently, the mouse skittered in through an entry hole behind the oven and the snake followed in hot pursuit. Anyway, managed to trap and remove both critters, found the entry hole and plugged it up. DRAMA!)

BBM....LOL Jane I caught one two days ago he reminded of that snake in the grass Arias :stormingmad:

Speaking of the defense, it was unnecessary for Nurmi to tell the jury that 9 days out of 10 he did not like JA.

Now I wonder, was this some type of ploy to make the jury feel sorry for JA, in that awwwwww, what a terrible defense she has, even her lawyer does not like her. :banghead:

I thought what he said was stupid, tbh. :floorlaugh: Why wouldn't you like your poor abused client who had to kill the bad evil pedophile that was abusing her Nurmi?

This might be the day...

Jury-Box.jpg

Praying for a Swift and Just Verdict. Praying for strength and love to surround the Alexander family and to all of you on this board I pray for special blessings.

:D needed that giggle.

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Baez...charming?! Uh, in a word: NO. :floorlaugh:

Now, Juan Martinez, on the other hand, a seeker of truth and justice and dreamy, too!

:blushing: I hear ya. Even my hubby understands my crush.

From ALV's website:

"Alyce LaViolette became an advocate and volunteer at the WomenShelter in Long Beach, Ca. (which assists women victims of domestic violence) as part of her graduate program at California State University at Long Beach in l978."

ALV lives and works in Long Beach. She may have been there since the late 60s when she got her undergrad from CA State- Long Beach.

Sigh. So it appears she stubbornly refuses to admit she was duped. So she's dragging the wolf to Little Red Riding Hood. Way to go ALV for subjecting these trusting survivors to yet more abuse.

My contempt for her runneth over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, don't give her any power. Consider Travis. The haunting photograph of him looking directly into the camera. He knew he was going to die. Those were his last moments and he wasn't a rabid foaming beast like Arias.

He looks sad yet almost accepting of what Arias is. He looks as if he feels sorry for HER.

So yes, people do show who they really are in their last moments.

Please, please, please. Let there be a verdict on this day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Remember the good. Remember Travis. Remember all the light he brought to this world, and still does through those he touched.
Don't let JA make you see only the darkness. Focus on the LIGHT! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member