Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A snippet from an article on the MSN Homepage:

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/jodi-arias-trial-jury-deliberates-amid-spectacle

With a brutal killing, sex diaries, a rock-star prosecutor and spectators camping out for seats, Jodi Arias' murder trial was destined to become a media circus.

PHOENIX — It has become a real-life soap opera watched by people around the world and dozens of fanatics who camp out on a Phoenix sidewalk in the middle of the night to get into the show. One seat even sold for $200.

RBBM: :great: Great description of Mr. Martinez !

None of the DT's theories add up to a hill of beans. Even without the premeditation evidence, as Juan so aptly put it, "she chased him down". Since when does someone chase someone down to kill them in self defense. :banghead:

And she didn't just "snap" either, making it a "crime of passion". A "snap" doesn't go on for 29 stab wounds. Followed by her chasing him down. Followed by her stopping, and bending down, pulling back his head, then slashing his throat. Followed by her dragging him to the shower and shooting him. All of these were deliberate actions requiring some serious forethought and a tremendous amount of effort. Making the DT theories aka lies, so beyond absurd. And for me, Juan brought it home when he repeatedly re enforced that "she chased him down". That's it in a nutshell, making it so obviously first degree murder, and with premeditation. Please, jury, please be able to see. JMO

If interested and in the United States you can text WAT to 33733 for live verdict

On Friday, HLN stopped the clock on Verdict Watch, when the jury left for the day. It was stopped at 55 mins, so I'd say they just started the clock back up from there.

So annoying, a few minutes ago, KP of HLN said jurors were in their second hour of deliberations.

Aww, come on HLN, please report accurately.

Do I have this wrong, didn't the jurors just start deliberations at 12:00 Eastern.

:banghead:

Sheesh! They just had a judge on who claimed that the defense proposed a plea deal of Murder 1 with a life sentence ... and that the state turned it down. She intimated that the state wasted 2 million dollars... WTF can't people do their homework? The plea deal was for 2nd degree. :banghead:

Once they announce they reached a verdict, we will have to wait until the lawyers can get to the courthouse. So we will have a good hour probably until the verdict is actually read. That will give us all plenty of time, hopefully, to get in front of a TV or computer screen. This site will probably be overwhelmed and inaccessible anyway.

I've already advised my boss that when the verdict is read, we're going to be holed up in her office watching and listening live.

I am going to be on pins and needles until then.

picture.php

Wow, just wow. Lyric, that is so beautiful

So annoying, a few minutes ago, KP of HLN said jurors were in their second hour of deliberations.

Do I have this wrong, didn't the jurors just start deliberations at 12:00 Eastern.

They started deliberations on Friday (about 55 mins)

About Arias' Twitter account...I have been thinking of how JM can get that into evidence during the punishment phase. I think the comments (yes, even the scrubbed comments about JM and Nancy Grace) should be fair game to show the jury that Arias hasn't and never will change. Of course, this would seem to require getting "Donovan" on the stand, which seems like a nightmare. Nevertheless, the fact that she is tweeting this crap from jail shows she is a continuing danger to society. I cannot believe her defense team hasn't put a stop to this BS.

Good morning/afternoon/evening all :)
Its 5.40pm here so will be checking in every half hour or so between preparing dinner and bathing/bedtime for littlies.

This weekend has gone slower than last weeks extended break & today is a bank holiday here and we've been out & about enjoying the weather etc.

Justice is so close I can smell it... sweet like plumeria, jasmine & orchids :)

They have no idea...no one does. This should be simple, they know she killed him already. Hope they agree that she planned this is all.

I feel like I need a sedative and normally I hesitate to take even an aspirin!

I feel like I need to take a Xanax, and I typically reserve them for extreme situations. I'm holding out as long as I can!

:hug: :grouphug:

The jury IS in their second hour of deliberations.
They deliberated 0:55:38 on Friday.

They always do that ~ everytime they'd break for lunch, and everyone knows it's an hour & a half ~ they'd say "the jury's expected back in the courtroom ANY MINUTE NOW, but let's go to our panel for a minute".... I hate that, why can't they just say 'the jury's at lunch and trial resumes in 45 minutes..' They treat their audience like morons.

HLN says judge is entering the courtroom and I have the seal on AZ Central.

JSS has another case at 10:00 and had some this morning so that's why she is around. HLN are just trying to keep your attention

CR2013-102656 5/6/2013 10:00 Settlement Conference State Of Arizona
Mark Anthony Bogle

Morning! can anyone provide a live stream of HLN or other tv channel covering the verdict?

I think the jury may by p$$$$ed that Nurmi asked for aggravated manslaughter!!! Now HLN is saying JA was going to plea to LWOP but JM said no and how it is costing the taxpayers all this money. JM must have gotten some input from the family to proceed with the death penalty or he may have accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli