Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help it, but I am still laughing about her linebacker demonstration. It was one of the funniest moments of this trial in my book. (and Nurmi in his Barcalounger) :facepalm:

BBM. ;) Boiled crawfish in the chocolate chip cookies??!! Wow! You southerners really like your crawfish! :floorlaugh: (Just teasing!)

Sometimes we northerners put walnuts in our chocolate chip cookies! :seeya:

Crawfish is seasonal. And a very short season at that. You gotta eat it when you can get it.

I think the jury may by p$$$$ed that Nurmi asked for aggravated manslaughter!!! Now HLN is saying JA was going to plea to LWOP but JM said no and how it is costing the taxpayers all this money. JM must have gotten some input from the family to proceed with the death penalty or he may have accepted.

I thought she was willing to plead to 2nd degree only.

tumblr_ml8f7dfPDK1rmw3n3o1_500.jpg

:floorlaugh: this is funny!!:floorlaugh:

well the seal is up..........now my sound is up all the way so I can actually work and wait.

haha Prima Facie....i thought my staring at that seal days were over......now I put it up too....woooohooooo

2 Questions....

When Jodi testified:
"If I'm convicted, that's because of my own bad choices"
Juan objected...

1) Was his objection sustained?
and...
2) Why did JM object?

I think it's very likely. Let's not be disappointed if there isn't but I expect the verdict today.

I think we will get a fairly quick verdict (Murder 1 Premed) because I believe this jury has been ready to deliberate for quite some time now. I feel that they won't want to waste anymore of our time, so in the interest of expediency ... we will hear shortly. I really hope I'm right on this :seeya:

NG just tweeted that Donald Trump will be on her show tonight to give Jodi some advice. :facepalm:
Ick.

Seriously? He wants publicity any way he can get it. Using the slaughter of an innocent man to get himself on TV is lower than low, IMO. I don't care if he's gonna say all the things most of us say, I'd rather not hear it from him. I'm disappointed in Nancy Grace. She's a victim's advocate and should know better.

So when the verdict is reached, how does the jury let the judge know? Sends a message, phone call? what?

Thanks.

Not sure specifically in Maricopa but in most cases they signal the bailiff who waits outside of the deliberation room. Either by note or button that flashes or sounds a designated # of times (3?).

Can't help it, but I am still laughing about her linebacker demonstration. It was one of the funniest moments of this trial in my book. (and Nurmi in his Barcalounger) :facepalm:
I laughed at that, too, and the look on Jodi's face when JM basically said, show me.

The waiting is tense when a jury is deliberating any case but these words makes my heart flip flop when I hear them. "The jury has reached a verdict.'

Then I really go all to pieces until the verdict is read.:scared:

Please jury give justice to Travis. Do the right thing.

IMO

IMO, they probably didn't really deliberate on Friday... just selected their foreperson and determined their schedule.

I'm still shaking my head at the whole Jon Dixon/Art Gallery thing and the possibility of her paintings hanging beside a Van Gogh or Monet.

moo

So when the verdict is reached, how does the jury let the judge know? Sends a message, phone call? what?

Thanks.

They set random items in the jury room aflame, to send up white smoke.

Er, wait, no. That's for popes. Ignore me!

HLN is wrong, the plea was for 2nd degree.

It wasn't a plea offer, it was a threat ("if we go to trial I will RUIN Travis's reputation")

the family and prosecutor called her bluff, yes she trashed travis and there were some difficult moments, but the trashing only hurt Jodi in the end and most likely by the end of this the family will have found some sense of relief in seeing Jodi's lies flushed down the sewer. With her to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli