Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the temptation to jump to that conclusion, I really do. (and yes, she's every bit as wicked & evil as Manson & others..) But, it also might be they collectively decided to take time and go through the evidence presented, carefully. Perhaps simply out of respect for the years of work by Martinez, Flores & company.

Even though the decision seems so obvious to us observers, (and it does, but we know far more too), it's understandable they'd want to make absolutely sure that they have no regrets. I'm cool with that.

This decision will determine what's next in the process which ~ when made ~ there's no turning back. They have to live their lives with this decision, a far heavier responsibility than observers can appreciate.

As sweet as a 1hr verdict might be, I'll still be thrilled to hear they chose to pop some DVD's in and watch Det. Flores & the killer a 2nd time. How many of us have seen them more than once? Each time, we saw something new, or differently, right?

To know they watched intently, again ~ as she tossed out all those new lies ~ a new one for every little 'proof' of her presence in Mesa. They NEED to watch & be reminded how VERY easy it is for her to lie and lie and lie, how it flows like a lazy river from her mouth.

Because, THEN will they talk about what they heard her say on the stand. And conclude they have NO reason to believe one single word she said under oath. Not one. And IF they do THAT - then they remove from the discussion or consideration that Travis was a pedophile, an abuser, that he ever borrowed a red cent from her, that he knew about the sex tape, that they ever "exchanged" passwords, that he was "courting" her, proposed to her, or "invited" her to Mesa on June 4th. If they discount every single thing that's based solely on her word - they'll not struggle with the decision.

But it may take a little time to take those steps.

:seeya: marciec! I can appreciate where you're coming from regarding a quick verdict... As long as the jury returns a verdict of GUILTY of Murder in the 1st Degree, I'm okay with waiting for them to do their due diligence. But I don't know how long my body can hold up... I'm on a verdict vigil. :countsheep: :please:

A couple of quick questions regarding the part of your post I bolded:

1) Do you know which interrogation tapes the jury will be able to access during their deliberations?
2) Has a complete copy of Det. Flores' report been submitted into evidence?
3) Is there a link somewhere that contains a list of submitted evidence?

There's so much evidence out there, it's difficult to remember what evidence has been presented in front of the jury, and what has been precluded for one reason or another. TIA!

Hey... there's an Arizona seal up on my live feed... Does that mean anything, or will it just remain there while the jury is deliberating?

Jodi made a throat slit move while Juan was doing his cross close I hope the Hughes saw that ! did anyone show them?

oh no she didn't, I am going to look for that, you are kidding me.

Chris Hughes said "I don't believe KY was the only thing Jodi introduced him to"....this is exactly what I believe. He didn't say it directly, but what he was saying was that Jodi introduced him to anal sex. What I've gotten from this whole trial is that we have to take everything Jodi says and belive the EXACT OPPOSITE.

JMO) but I believe JA claim that the words "kill you b@#!&" were said but NOT by Travis. I think she said those words while she was stabbing him.

The one and only reason I would like to see a longer deliberation than today or tomorrow is because I would have absolutely no excuse to not get off my dupa and clean, do laundry and all the other multitude of things I have neglected since the trial started. I am justifying not starting any of those chores during verdict watch because I don't want to be interrupted should the jury come back, although I did manage to vacuum half my house yesterday, LOL

In the past, In Session would make a big deal over what jurors were wearing each day during deliberations-- speculating that if they were dressed more formally it was an indicator that they would likely deliver the verdict.

Just throwing that out there.
I don't think anyone saw the jurors today though. Maybe JVM as she was zipping around the grounds of the courthouse like rabid animal.

From WAT !

18m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

For those asking about my ankle.. thank you. It sucks but it's not stopping me from living the dream. #JodiArias

9m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

I could go knooter outside and watch all the tom foolery out front but I am happy sitting here by myself in my own little world. #JodiArias

6m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Heading out to the hallway for a bit, possibly out side even. I will be in touch #JodiArias

:floorlaugh: I just luv WAT's tweets !

Oh, the seal is up on WAT ... but I guess that does not mean anything :waitasec:

Time to start stress-eating junk food.
I'm going to start with pepperoni pizza and pringles.
Next: Blue Bunny Chunky Chocolate Chip.
Followed by: Cajun trail mix mixed with frozen M&M's
Really!

Don't like HLN or what or who's on HLN?

Simple.

Don't watch HLN! Even if viewers are complaining HLN is still winning as long as the complainers watch.

Viewers (even unhappy viewers) = ratings. Ratings = $$$

Exactly!! HLN is never on my TV. I refuse to give them a ratings number

Do you all have the seal up? Whichever live stream you watch? I do on AZ Central. Had the color bars earlier.

Ugh! I hate this. Celebrity acknowledgement. It only validates her, even if he is a schmuck.

Trump said she is as guilty as they come. He said jodi was on his twitter. We know that would be Donavan. Thete could only be one reason why. Maybe they think he will give her money.

Hold your finger on the avatar pic, click Save Image. Save it to your photos, go into your profile settings and change your avatar. Worked for me!

Don't want to sound stupid, but where is the avatar we should do that with? Thanks

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m

Out front of courthouse now. Nothing noteworthy to write about. #JodiArias

BBM

Well I don't know about that because I really thought the jury would bring a guilty verdict to CA but she walked scot free. I do pray JA is found guilty but I'm not holding my breath just yet.

I feel the same way, but for some reason this girl eviscerates, ooh maybe poor choice of words, me more so than CA. She said no jury would ever convict her, and she looked pretty calm Friday. If that was me, I'd be shaking like a chichua (sic). My spelling is horrible lately.
Will we get a 2 hr. heads up when jury comes back? Does anybody know yet? :please:

That jury deliberated 2 1/2 hours, it was a male on trial where they only deliberated 15 minutes.
With respect, I read an article about the Andriano case and the toll that deciding on death took on the jury. It spelled out the time frame involved in each step of the trial: 15 minutes for guilty; 4 hours to decide that aggravation/cruelty was involved and four days to recommend death.

From the article: The jury found Andriano guilty Nov. 18, about 15 minutes after they went into the jury room, said juror Jay Erke, 48, an airline mechanic foreman from Mesa.

http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

I personally think Travis' family should be given the controls of the stun belt. I mean, it's a win/win situation. We all get our minds off the verdict and get entertained, and his family gets a bit of retribution. Light her up like a bug zapper. JMO, of course.

I want to call in sick today so bad. I cant. I wont. I shouldn't. I think i will tomorrow tho if no verdict today. Only working today and tomorrow this week. Now i just have to think of a good excuse. Does that make me a liar? :blushing:

His can you work with that fever? And that sore throat? You know, staying there only risks you passing on the illness to everyone else. Best to go home.

I want to call in sick today so bad. I cant. I wont. I shouldn't. I think i will tomorrow tho if no verdict today. Only working today and tomorrow this week. Now i just have to think of a good excuse. Does that make me a liar? :blushing:

.....no just an exaggerator......
:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members