Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It allows citizens to see the judicial process. If there were no televised trials, most of America (even the rest of the world) would know NOTHING about how our judicial system works.

Look at how many questions have been asked thruout this trial on the workings of a trial....that is not something we learn about in school unless you go to law school. I took a lot of criminal law classes, but have never sat in on a proceeding such as this. I actually have learned a lot by watching this trial. For example: I never knew that during a closing argument, the other side could "object" to anything!

I fully support televised trials for this purpose!

Yes, it is a great educational experience... but the same enlightenment could be had by watching a replay of it after it is over.

Do you think anyone would watch, though, without the suspense and drama...?!

From what I gathered from listening to Chris, things were about to get even uglier between Travis and Jodi. I know that no one knows what prompted TA's angry text to her on 5/26, but Jodi referenced at one point talking to her attorney (which we all know she did not have, what was she retaining an attorney with? she had no money).

I am convinced more than ever that the only thing she had over Travis was the phone call and the pictures/videos of them together and she was threatening to release them, and perhaps his stolen journal contents. She was going to go full on blackmail mode on him - if for nothing else than to ruin his life. He probably threatened her with legal action if she went through with it, and that's why she said she was going to talk to her attorney.

Travis told her he was going to expose her for what she was, maybe he indicated he was going to the police, we'll never know. Whatever it was, she did not want him alive to be able to carry it out.

BBM
One thought I have had is that JA showed up on June 4th and somehow convinced TA that she had or would destroy the phone sex tape if she ever found her phone (which she claimed had been lost/stolen - but she IMO had the entire time) and that she suggested he take those naked pics of her on his camera telling him that he could release those if she ever released the phone sex tape. In this way she attempted to make Travis feel safer, more secure, like he could trust her somewhat again... and then we all know what happened next, sadly.

HLN just reported Juan Martinez rejected plea of Second Degree!!!

HLN panelists are furious that jury was not sequestered!!! I AGREE!!!
Lady judge can't understand what 'got into JSS'...

Sequestered juries worked out really well for OJ and CA.

Time to start stress-eating junk food.
I'm going to start with pepperoni pizza and pringles.
Next: Blue Bunny Chunky Chocolate Chip.
Followed by: Cajun trail mix mixed with frozen M&M's
Really!
I think you have all the food groups there.

Gently snipped by jj
Morning y'all...

Like many of you, not really sure what to do with myself. It's amazing how I can get so involved in something like this, and then when it's over...I forget what I was doing before! LOL!!

I am bored with pogo. I am bored with gossip sites. I am just BORED!!!
To those in my real life, I've appeared to be engaged: marketing, outdoor activities, even a little community involvement....but actually, all weekend, I've been on pins & needles, with IPhone in hand, popping in and out of WebSleuths.

I stayed a lurker, at least on this thread, as I saw a couple pot stirrers dropped by and didn't trust myself to post & risk getting a TimeOut. For verdict anxiety distraction, I explored the site and hung out at Websleuth's many bizarre news, word game and comedy (that's arguable) threads. There are some very witty WSers here!

tumblr_m5hfozZZ5O1r86gmto1_400.gif

Well, I'm not sure if I did it or if Beach did it, but I have the Justice For Travis ribbon YAY!!!! Now I'm just waiting to hear from WAT :) I hope the jury is relaxing and getting to kow each other, and maybe they have some good munchies and good drinks. Does anyone know if the jury was allowed to speak to each other over the weekend?

Confessions of a sick addict~posted trial astrology here at Websleuths yesterday, watched 6 parts of Dateline (unseen previously), listened to Chris Hughes on blog radio, watched CNN 360 hour special on Arias case, watched Week 10 review on Nancy Grace Mysteries. What's worse, at day's end I was asking, "Is that all?"

It's just so OBVIOUS to me that this was a premeditated first degree murder that I can't even imagine the deliberations going on for more than an hour or so. If we don't get a verdict today, I will be convinced that we aren't going to get murder 1. It's just SO obvious to me. Seriously, what DOES it take to convince a jury? If there isn't enough evidence in this case, I don't see how any prosecutor can ever get a conviction?????

Is there a recording of chris Huges talking with tricia?

oh no she didn't, I am going to look for that, you are kidding me.

its right after Juan takes down a paper on the overhead she has her hand at her chin im sorry I don't have a link maybe someone else does sorry again

The only tweet I want to read from Ms. Arias is, "Oh crap, I've been convicted". :gavel:

:giggle:

I'm already hitting the Ibuprofen. Maybe if I take a little nap something will happen? Like waiting for water to boil.

Trump should make a hefty donation to the Alexander family, if he's spotlighting on NG. Why? Because he can (easily) and because they need it - and because he's capitalizing off of the exposure.

MAKE A DONATION, TRUMP !!!!!!!

We will find out from the court watchers who they picked as a foreperson when they hand the baliff the verdict form!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member