Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The requests will be read in open court with all the lawyers and the defendant present.

Sometimes some requests are denied as well.

While we are all here waiting, here's something to make you laugh...

I was the foreman on a jury last year and we had a question for the judge.
When I wrote out the question I wrote "FIREMAN" instead of "firearm"... oops, freudian slip, I do love firemen... The bailiff brought the question back to me to point it out. I was SO embarrassed.

Ok, I watched some water come to a boil, checked out the grass as it grew and observed some gorgeous blue paint drying.

ARE WE THERE YET?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take a different position. I think JA's statement about asking for the death penalty would have more impact coming from Travis's family than from Juan.

Your right! I think it coming from the family would be perfect.

Okay, my head is spinning from f-5ing, listening to HLN, and nervous Candy Crush playing. Taking my cell phone and reading in bed for the juror's lunch hour.

Hubby is amazed, I'm actually letting him have the tv for an hour. Don't get used to it, today, honey :p

Hang in there, y'all - justice is coming.

That is really poor planning! JSS announced a schedule for this trial, as far as closing arguments.

Why wouldn't this tour be rescheduled to a more appropriate time.

I would not let my little one be at the courthouse, in a crowd, especially for this trial.

imo

Its a field trip planned in advance. I doubt the judge knew they would be deliberating today. Even if a verdict came in they have time to get out...at least an hour until verdict is read. Why would it matter if they are there today vs any other day with any other trial going
on?
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Peeps, a couple of verdict watch notes:

1. Link to Recipe Thread here

2. Many of us have bonded over the past 4+ months, and it's easy to feel comfortable with so many wonderful WebSleuthers. But PLEASE... I implore you... be careful about what personal information you choose to post on these threads. Your posts here can be read by any member or guest who visits us. If you want to share personal information with another poster, the PM system is a private and safe way to do so. We :heart: our WSers and want to protect your privacy!

More awesome info here in our Etiquette & Information thread.

I hope the jurors will keep her sitting in a holding cell till I get off work :werk:

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

What is the difference between The Donald and anyone else that have latched onto either side of this case, nothing they are all looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

I can't wait until I don't have to hear from any of them ever again!

That makes 2 of us! :highfive:

:applause:

Sorry if this post is not allowed on here, please delete if necessary!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 cup salsa (chunky and drained) I was the fresh Jack's special original flavor
1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
1 onion, chopped finely
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 roasted chicken from grocery store (use all the meat you like)
Shredded Jack or mexican cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips to garnish

Sautéed onions and garlic in a little butter till opaque, then add all ingredients to crock pot or stock pot til warmed through.

Mmm that looks Yummy! Thanks for posting, I'll definitely try it out.

Just jumping in mid-thread here.
I'm wearing blue shirt, pants, and (shh) bra (just cuz I happened to have a blue one, not because I'm trying to be kinky or anything).

I'm feeling more confident about this one than I did with CA, although after that debacle, it's hard to feel confident about any verdict ever again. Despite Judge Perry's words that made me feel a little better, it was really too little much much too late.

Anyway, my thoughts are with Travis's family and friends today. Headed off in a few to teach my little munchkin preschoolers, and hope to come in on my break at ~2pm PST and find a 1st degree verdict!!

Let the elephants trumpet justice for Travis today!!!

May the defendant rot, dismissed, forgotten, alone, and forlorn, in a cell for the rest of her days.

I'm going to jump out here and make my prediction as to when the verdict will come in...I believe the jury will reach a verdict at the 7th hour of deliberation. Seven is the number of completion...it represents perfection and this will be a complete and perfect verdict. Guilty 1st degree premeditated murder!

This would be around 5:00pm CST.

Questions:
1. Does the bailiff carry the verdict, or just verbal message to the judge to let her know they've reached a verdict.

2. Does the jury stay in the jury room until court reconvenes?

3. Who gets notified next, after the judge, and how?

4. How is this information given to the media.

A juror (presumably the foreperson) knocks on the jury door, to get the attention of the bailiff who is stationed outside the jury room.

Whether it's a verdict or a question, it has to be in writing.

The jury will stay in the jury room until all parties are assembled in the courtroom.

For the verdict, it will go something like this, keep in mind not all courtrooms do the exact same thing.

The foreperson will hand the bailiff the sealed envelope with the signed verdict in it.
The bailiff will then hand the envelope to the judge.
The judge will open the envelope and review the verdict to make sure it is signed by the jury foreperson and that it is filled out properly.
(some juries have been sent back to the jury room b/c they didn't fill out the verdict form correctly or forgot to sign it haha)
The judge will then hand the court clerk the verdict to be published (read out loud in open court).

:seeya: Is everyone ok? I have an odd calm right now. I feel content that the right verdict is coming. :)

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member