Verdict Watch 05/07/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right about her still believing no jury will convict her. She's uber-confident and I imagine the longer deliberations go on, the happier she is. I just read Nurmi's motion requesting the state to consider second degree / manslaughter and it is rife with overconfidence.

I have a nagging feeling, even if she is found guilty 1st degree, she won't be phased because she'll be confident it'll be overturned on appeal. I don't expect to see much reaction from her if the jury comes back G1.

Yeah! And when her last appeal is denied and she's laying on the table she'll be uber-confident the governor will call.

I can't wait to see her face when they convict her of murder one! She's gonna be soooooooo mad. Ha ha ha

There is an option (a box to check) when you sign in. IIRC, it is a "Remember Me?" option. Click that.

: ( I have. I still get signed out and have to sign in. I don't get to stay signed in for long and if I just read and don't post I get signed out.

now that is sad someone has tumbled down the stairs in front of the courthouse. And; she cannot get back up and is being transported. Yikes!

i hate being so impatient but in reality 10hours is not that long.
the consolation from us waiting is that jodi is waiting too. i hope she is pooping her pantz

I'm doing my best to stay calm, cool and collected. Perhaps my time working as a litigator, and in the court system, has jaded me, but I've come to believe that there's no such thing as a case so well-proved, well-argued and clear-cut that a jury can't completely screw it up.

I've seen verdicts derailed by juries who didn't understand THE CAPTION of a case, who decided to fill out their verdict form from back to front, who disregarded all of their instructions on the law because they "went by too fast" (around here, they don't get a copy to take back with them), who began deliberations by discussing which attorney was "cuter" or "looked more honest," or decided that a discrimination victim didn't deserve any compensation even if he'd proven his case, because he "sounded cocky."

On the other hand, I've also seen juries who took a hard look at the evidence, properly applied every instruction they were given, and did a bang-up job as the finders of fact.
The problem is, you can't tell which kind of jury you have ahead of time.

I still have faith in our system, but if I was ever [wrongly] accused, you can bet I'd be insisting on a bench trial! :)

Thanks for your post. A jury is a dice roll for both sides, and especially these days, I think. Our society has taken a bad turn the last 45ish years. From the move away from critical thinking, (or any thinking at all), to making an excuse or rationalization for many types of bad/criminal/uncivil behavior-that's my jaded take on things. I know that while I once wanted to be on a jury because I am fascinated by the law, I want nothing to do with it now. Like you, I'd go for a bench trial if I was wrongly accused of anything.

I hope this is a good jury who doesn't think CSI and Law and Order are real. I hope they didn't buy any part that unethical and ridiculous defense. I hope, being in the same room with her, that they saw JA for what she is (the opposite of a victim).

Praying for justice. :twocents::twocents:

Apparently Jodie is tweeting that she tried to plead years ago to avoid this nightmare. Who's nightmare hers or the families?

please let's stop giving JA light by constantly bringing uo her "tweets" it's what she wants. this is all about JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS>

Is there any way to stay signed on WS?

I get up to stretch, get a drink, rub my callused mouse finger, come back and I'm signed off.
When you sign in there is a "remember me" box - check that and you will stay signed in forever unless the server acts up and kicks everyone off or a minute.

HTH

Does anyone else have Comcast and get these annoying "Comcast Newsmakers" info-shows twice an hour?
It only happens on HLN and each segment is at least 5 minutes. Normally I would be grateful for anything that interupts HLN but this programming is really lame and very disruptive. Not a fan.

Yes and I hate them. I live in Colorado. This is not a boring state. But you'd never know it by the locals Comcast interviews and what they have to say.

I don't know which I hate listening to more.... Comcast Newsmakers or JVM.

Oh gee....a lady fell down the court house steps and the EMS are there

Stereotypes aside, I doubt any male jurors will think they will get any "action" from JA if they turn her free.

I agree.........

FOLKS! There are 12 Human Beings on the jury and we're just gonna drive ourselves crazy putting them in sub categories :scared:

We just have to believe they all brought their common sense into the jury room, and DON'T listen to the TA's. KCL, Katie Wick, and Beth Karras have the most accurate info on what's going on downtown.

DON'T PANIC!

JMO....:truce:

Someone fell outside the court house & seems quite injured. Honest to God, this is such a circus, I can't even put it into words. Prayers & good thoughts to the woman who injured herself :(

HA!

jodi has NOTHING to do in the holding cell but twiddle her thumbs

that has made my day

She's in the basement!!!!

No sketching!!!

Okay, I'm happier now :D

Bahaha... Jodi is in the basement with no pencils or paper!
Just her and her thoughts in her jail stripes... hahahaha.

Do the jurors have to buy/bring/pay for their own lunch??? If so, why is lunch not brought in for them and paid for? anybody?

I read on here earlier (pre-deliberation) that the jury does have to pay for their own lunches. Given how little they are compensated for their time (and how little the jurors' time has been respected in this trial), that's a shame.

In federal court, the jury's lunch during deliberations (and during trial, if they sit during a lunch break) is provided -- they get a take-out menu from a local restaurant, order what they want, and it is ready and waiting for them in the jury room when they're dismissed for lunch.

Until this trial, I had no idea that jurors were ever asked to buy their own lunches.

If I was a juror and there was a hold-out, I'd be sure to take advantage of that -- by sitting next to said hold-out every day with my lunch of liverwurst and limberger cheese, and reminding them that if they'd just agree with the rest of us, they could get out of that room! ;)

Oh, both, for sure. In fact, everyone's. She just wants this long national nightmare to be over, doncha know? And if mean, short, ugly, and stupid Juan had just succumbed to her blackmail threats, none of us would be here right now.

It's NOT HER FAULT. :stormingmad::stormingmad:

What's a girl to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members