Verdict Watch 05/07/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lieb...

In my mind you're my 'Sistah from another Mistah' with that being said..

I'd like to think that the Jury knows this is the ONE PART JA can't control.. That she is probably going crazy waiting & that they may be infact dispensing a little torture of their own on her!

I imagine them sitting in room sifting thru all the stacks of evidence making comments like Does she really think we'll buy story gas cans were for emergency if no gas station? Rightttttttttt. Does she really think we'd believe she was so unlucky to have her phone die & not able to charge the whole time she was in Arizona?? Righttttttttttttt.

Not to mention being 'Reasonable Persons' they may just want to run thru the options once just to make sure they can come back & say GUILTY MURDER 1 with NO RESERVATIONS.

JMO I'm not going to :panic: yet.. Besides RELISH in the fact JA is sitting in the basement where she has NO CONTROL, NO CRAYONS & NO ABILITY other than thru MS & Atty's to know what is going on!

You are absolutely right! I am now going to while away the hours & minutes relishing the thought that JA is in that dungeon all alone with her own thoughts. That does make it bearable! I hope she is a nervous wreck as she sits there totally at the mercy of a group of strangers. Delicious!

Did you see Vinnie's mock jury about 10 minutes ago. The foreperson said "hung jury" 8 (M1)/4 (MS).

I'm getting sick to my stomach.

MOO

Mel

Methinks HLN isn't doing a proper voir dire on their jurors. :snooty:

I would hang the jury if they wouldn't go for murder 1. Absolutely I would.
Is there anyone here who would let this go at 2 or man? If you have a problem with the DP you can fight for LWOP. Sheesh.

I worry that if they get ahead of themselves and can't do it because they are thinking ahead to the penalty phase. They tell them not to, but it's human nature. Hopefully they understand their instructions better than the morons out of Pinellas.

I do not think this will ever wind up as second degree.

It may be a hung jury but for those who fully believe it is premeditated will never compromise imo.

IMO

I do not think this will ever wind up as second degree.

It may be a hung jury but for those who fully believe it is premeditated will never compromise imo.

IMO

I totally agree. IF there are any hold outs, I think it's one or two and the others will never be persuaded to vote for anything less than 1st degree.

OT: You guys in the states get the best meds .. stuff we haven't even heard of. I want Amberen .. AND I WANT IT NOOOOOW!!!!

I know someone that took Ambien and drove her car into a big oak tree.

She's alive but forever crippled.

Vinnie's ridiculous pretend juries aside, I don't believe for a minute that any of these jurors are considering manslaughter.

The truth is no one can pick the length of time any jury is going to deliberate.

It took 10 days for the jury to bring back a guilty verdict in the David Westerfield case when he raped and murdered little Danielle Van Dam. The evidence was overwhelming. They not only found him guilty they sentenced him to death.

So it isn't an excuse..........it is reality.

IMO
OMG, feel so bad for the family having to wait that long for a verdict, but happy to know there was justice.

Maybe they just thought it was a total prank or delusion ..

I hope so because his callousness in the face of her frantic pleading is disturbing. But then, if that is the case, that is a problem too. It's not for a 911 operator to decide if a call is a prank or not.

Imagine if they reach a verdict but the court says due to that late hour it will be announced tomorrow. lol

I'm honestly shocked that there is no verdict yet. And if there is no verdict at all today I'll be even more shocked, and slightly concerned.

They all make me nervous...
even though she was my choice yesterday I think the church lady would be too obvious.

So that leaves *Nancy *Maureen and *Neil - Today's pick will be Neil. Neil is the hold out, he has a secret crush on Jodi, and has fallen into the fog of her evil spell... :jail:

My opinion as impatient as I am at this point waiting for this verdict...

If it takes 20 hours to get this right (murder 1 conviction)..then so be it!

I'm willing to wait it out! I have faith in this jury!

Peterson killed his pregnant nice wife while he had an affair. This is apples and oranges.
Yes. Peterson should have been found guilty within 10 minutes of the start of deliberation. ;)

How is that? It took 7 days to convict S Peterson of Murder 1 and death. My pall Vinnie had a chart earlier and basically showed the different lengths of time to convict and it was all over the map. He said this waiting means nothing. Just a lot of speculating which makes for good TV.

People can speculate all they want. The only ones who know what's going on is the jury themselves. They will decide in their own time. Just because we'd like a quick verdict, the jury doesn't have to comply.

We've poured over this case for months. We've seen and heard things the jury hasn't. We got to discuss, analyst, convict and fry JA. We haven't had to keep our mouths shut while this trial was going on. Now, it's the jury's time to pour over all the evidence, the pics, the testimony, everything and discuss it.

I say leave them be. Don't panic because it wasn't an immediate verdict. Let them do what they need to do. Just because it didn't take a day or two, doesn't mean they won't convict of M1.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's been napping in there while waiting with nothing to do. Maybe she sings herself to sleep...
Certainly possible but I'd prefer to think of her uncomfortable on those cold hard benches :floorlaugh:

Whatever the jury comes back with, will be their verdict.

I know they asked many relevant and intelligent questions and took their duty very seriously.

If the verdict is one that upsets a lot of people, I hope that these jurors do not receive death threats, character assassinations, or terrorism by an angry mob.

No matter if I agree with them or not, this is their case to decide. They have the responsibility, not any of us. This is how our system works. And if juries start to become nervous about handing down their verdicts because of public opinion, well, that would be a travesty.

They have every right to decide the case. That's what they were charged with. Whatever their verdict is, I hope that people can accept it.

Thank you! So well said :cheers:

I bet the jurors are reading aloud to each other from Jodi's journals in funny voices.
That's what I'd be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members