Verdict Watch 05/07/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is JA Twitter account just her name? I have looked a few times in the last hour and it shows as suspended.

I would have gone in ready to vote Murder 1, but, if I could get my hands on Jodi's journal entries, the Verizon bill or that email from February 14, as well as Dr. Demarte's report, I would want to read the WHOLE THING. This jury WILL get it right. :rockon:

I just hope Dr. D's report and diagnosis doesn't garner any sympathy for the dev... er JA

does she mean that other people are selling her artwork for more than she is selling? What does she need money for? The candy machine in the jug? Aren't all of her legal bills paid for by the State of AZ?
I remember here in Illinois the families of the victims of John Wayne Gacy bought all of his "artwork" that he created while taking art lessons in prison and burned it up so that his art wouldn't live on after him

This is another time I think back to Juan's statements in closing arguments "It's Not her fault".. nothing is never her fault... she never takes responsibility for anything..no remorse...wish we could go from a (Hopefully) guilty verdict to a needle in her arm instead of waiting 10 + yrs to execute her

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's taken me all day to get the dishes done from last night. Pitiful. :blushing:

:notgood: No clean towels,,,,,so another day without a shower.

:blushing: Disgraceful.

After reading through this thread I think I'm the only one who feels she is going to get manslaughter. I think her attorney did a good job.

....dear Alexander family...
My elephant charm rests propped in the base of my candle...
Light flickers...reflects...
The tulips in the vintage vase reach skyward...
A mourning dove cries...
As the light settles across the garden...
The wind is high tonight...
Cats curled on comfy blankets...
Elephants with trunks raised...
Across the plains...
.....justice...
Sings the bell...
Resonating....
It is done....

I'm glad she is being forced to be with nothing but her thoughts rights now, but I just can't see her being scared. I don't think she's capable of that emotion. I don't think she'll be scared if she gets M1. I think she'll just start thinking of appeals and new headlines she can make. She's a martyr in her own mind.

Can you imagine what is going on in that popcorn popper of a mind of hers right now? She has nothing to do...no crayons, no paper, no little sharp pencils. She sits in that room for 8 hours in the basement after getting there at 7:00 AM. I'd go crazy not having anything to do for that amount of time. I'd be desperate enough to clean and try to rearrange the room :floorlaugh: It's the perfect short term punishment for her. Meanwhile, we sit in the comfort of our homes with all our electronic toys going and wine chilling in the fridge for a victory toast. Knowing that she's stuck in that basement gives me some comfort. There was so much testimony, I want the jury sure of their verdict. I'm willing to wait, knowing Jodi is uncomfortable as hell.

If it's taking this long to find her guilty of murder 1, we know she will NOT get death. :(

How is that? It took 7 days to convict S Peterson of Murder 1 and death. My pall Vinnie had a chart earlier and basically showed the different lengths of time to convict and it was all over the map. He said this waiting means nothing. Just a lot of speculating which makes for good TV.

OMG, guys, what could they possibly be thinking so hard about??????

I was starting to get a little worried too (still am), but then I thought ... they have NOT been able to discuss this case with anyone or even amongst themselves for 4 months. It is probably a big release for them to just let it all out and talk about the witnesses and their testimony (good and bad) ... just go over everything.

I am sure they will come to the right decision, but I like the thought of them having a few hours to talk about everything amongst themselves. If it was me, I know I would just explode with things that happened during these past four months and ... plus ... I would want to hear from everyone else.

But that's just me .... so that's the excuse I'm using to keep myself from going CRAZY .... not sure if it's working .... cuz this is what I really look like right now wondering why there isn't a verdict yet .... :eek:verreaction:

Seriously ... I'm tryin' ta chill :giggle:

I'm feeling disgusted right now. And depressed. There is no reason whatsoever that it should take this long to find Murder 1.

If there is someone on the jury who is arguing against this being premeditated murder, then we have a stupid jury once again.

I can see taking a long time to determine life or death, but GUILT? In this case? Something is not working properly.

Can someone talk me down?

Lieb...

In my mind you're my 'Sistah from another Mistah' with that being said..

I'd like to think that the Jury knows this is the ONE PART JA can't control.. That she is probably going crazy waiting & that they may be infact dispensing a little torture of their own on her!

I imagine them sitting in room sifting thru all the stacks of evidence making comments like Does she really think we'll buy story gas cans were for emergency if no gas station? Rightttttttttt. Does she really think we'd believe she was so unlucky to have her phone die & not able to charge the whole time she was in Arizona?? Righttttttttttttt.

Not to mention being 'Reasonable Persons' they may just want to run thru the options once just to make sure they can come back & say GUILTY MURDER 1 with NO RESERVATIONS.

JMO I'm not going to :panic: yet.. Besides RELISH in the fact JA is sitting in the basement where she has NO CONTROL, NO CRAYONS & NO ABILITY other than thru MS & Atty's to know what is going on!

OT: But why wasn't that dispatcher nicer to her? He treated her like a troublemaker.

I know it! She was pleading with him for support and then he got really stern with her "I SAID they are on the way OK" The poor thing is forced to say "ok ok", like she is sorry. :( I bet that dispatcher feels like an arse now.

I think I read someplace on WS, that a family member or friend was a retired judge and the judge mentioned that it is hard to find sensible juries. People scare me and juries are made up of people. I guess I watch too much Investigation Discovery. One lady got off of a murder charge of killing her husband because the jury was convinced that the husband was posssesed.

I am not trying to be a pessismist - just scared.

Lol! He's like, "man, this girl calls up all excited, I thought we had a verdict."

No kidding.

Seriously, I am all for people keeping their jobs, but that guy must be seriously burned out and needs a vacay. He was pretty disgraceful, IMO.

I have been trying to "busy" myself for the past few days so that I wouldn't go crazy waiting for the guilty verdict. I even have asked myself what would I do if on this jury? Well, I do believe that the verdict will be in our favor. I do believe that they are maticuously going through the evidence just to make sure that they are 100% confident that she is guilty of the charge of Murder 1. It is they who will have to live with the decision of her fate:) Justice for the Alexanders'!!!!

Here is what I think is happening with the jury right now.
They probably already made their decision by now and are just sitting around bsing or playing checkers or something.
They probably think that JA made them sit for weeks being bored stiff so now it's their turn to let her sweat it out.
They know she will be in a holding cell with nothing to do but sweat it out, no one to talk to and nothing at all to do but sweat.
I believe that it would be almost impossible for them to come to any conclusion other than murder one even with just the info they have heard.
I think a couple of days is not out of line at all and none of us should be worried.
The jury may want it to look like they thought everything over well and then made their decision and it wasn't a snap call.
They all know she is a liar and changed her story to fit whatever she could come up with four times already so it would be hard for them to buy anything she said.
Plus the fact that she admitted killing Travis so there is no doubt about that.
Be patient everyone I think we will see murder 1.
And this is coming from a man.

WAY too early to panic. This is only the second full day. Friday was... what an hour? .... Hang in there everybody!!

Agree AZWatcher.

1) The Melendez Brothers = 4 days jury deliberations to bring back 1st degree murder verdict.

2). Scott Peterson = 7 days jury deliberations to bring back 1st degree murder conviction.

On the other hand ....
3) The creature C. Anthony = Pinellas County jury deliberating only 10 hours & 40 minutes to arrive at their travesty of justice that let her walk free.

Waaaay too early for any panic to be setting in.
I trust this jury.
This jury has volumes of notes from during the trial, and b/c of Arizona Law were able to ask the witnesses questions (which I found revealing as to what way they are leaning).
It would take most of a whole day just to properly read thru all the jury instructions.

It's only been a little more than 11 hours that these 12 people have been able to even discuss this case with EACH OTHER.

I agree it's hard waiting ... But we here all know soooo much more than the jury does - and we've been deliberating for months now.

I trust this jury.

BUSTED...Wendy's have baked potatoes!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

LOL I need MORE than just baked potatoes to go with my steaks, Im also feeding my aunt and uncle... If I had grilled my steaks tonight and it was only me, I probably would of just went lazy and got the baked taters from Wendy's ;)

Did you see Vinnie's mock jury about 10 minutes ago. The foreperson said "hung jury" 8 (M1)/4 (MS).

I'm getting sick to my stomach.

MOO

Mel

Like a made for TV movie via HLN. A lot of difference in being charged as a real juror who sat feet away from the defendant who admitted she killed TA and who also viewed the murdered victims picture and gruesome autopsy pictures.

Don not put anything past HLN in their quest for ratings.

I don't think they will reach a verdict tonight. Too late. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member