Verdict Watch 05/07/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly I'm not haunted by the KC verdict at all and I thought I would be. I'm just thinking that if with all the evidence, including the disaster that was her testimony, that if the jury is still deliberating into tomorrow, there's a problem. They haven't had the time we've had, true, but it's not a puzzle or a big mystery. She admitted to killing him. There are pictures. She stabbed a man over and over and over, then shot him in the face and slit his throat all in alleged self defense; it's nonsensical. This isn't difficult to reason out.

I feel like I'm hovering, waiting for someone to figure out the square peg goes into the square hole. Or driving behind someone who insists on going 15 under the speed limit.

IMO

That's how I'm seeing it. Evidence is overwhelming, she admitted killing him, the defense experts were completely discredited on every important point.

This isn't "12 Angry Men", it's pretty open and close. I hope they thoroughly understand all of the instructions.

I'm just kind of surprised that with all the parents on this forum that there is such a "hang her" feeling. I heard Spider-Man underwear and orgasm like a 12 year old girl and I was repulsed. Amongst the lesser offensive *advertiser censored* and three hole wonder comments. I think she's guilty of something but do many people are so passionate about a horrible person with pedophile turn on's .

Really? I was more offended by the senseless, premeditated slaughter of a human being--but I'm weird like that.

Whoa, you have a lot of reading to do. I would start with the theories of how it happened thread to get the short version of possible versions of the sequence of events.
Instead of going through the trial threads, I'd look up Croakers video and see which ones have the most views. Jodi's testimony (if you skip over all the sex and boyfriend parts) will give you the defense story. If you google Jodi crying on the stand, you should come up with some good rebuttal videos too.
Or, as much as I hate them, scan HLN for their more interesting recaps.

Will some of you wonderful WS crew bring me up to speed on this trial, please?
I have watched all of the police interrogation videos--I know the basic structure of this case and had been questioning the evidence for pre-meditation (I just like to be consider all angles of every case)
What is the reason for her bloody hand print on the wall according to the defense and the prosecution?
Isn't there a disagreement between the prosecution and defense on the sequence of events? Did the gun shot come first? If the gun shot came first and her intent was to kill, WHY didn't she shoot more than once? Did the medical examiner or medical expert say that the cause of death was from the gun shot or the knife?
Why couldn't she run out of the house and call for help after she shot or stabbed him? He must have been weakened? She alleges that she was in the closet for a time which is where she got the gun, but what are the claims of what followed?
I don't understand the sequence and the over kill.....that to me is the biggest reason for it not being "self defense" there was too much overkill.
Any insights or info would be great! ?Thank you =)

After reading through this thread I think I'm the only one who feels she is going to get manslaughter. I think her attorney did a good job.

Table for one ....

JK ... You are probably not the only one. I just hope for Murder 1.

I'm just kind of surprised that with all the parents on this forum that there is such a "hang her" feeling. I heard Spider-Man underwear and orgasm like a 12 year old girl and I was repulsed. Amongst the lesser offensive *advertiser censored* and three hole wonder comments. I think she's guilty of something but do many people are so passionate about a horrible person with pedophile turn on's .

:confused: huh?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Even if there is one holdout...and I don't think there is, there is no way that mythical one person feels vehemently that this defendant is innocent. I'm positive that those who know she is guilty would be able to convince that mythical juror, even if it takes days, that JA is guilty guilty guilty.

Don't get mad at me, but I'm starting to worry. Would you rather have a hung jury, or would you rather they settle on murder 2? I'd rather have a hung jury. Anything less than murder 1 is a win for Jodi.

Maybe they are hung up on the 'Felony' part of murder 1. I think I would be. It was kind of hard to understand for me. jmo

Reads comments - takes a deep breath - and LEAVES.
Holding on by a thread here and I might just get my first TO by being uncharacteristically rude.

I wish CEO and Ponytail guy were on that jury, there are obviously a crazy one in it. Bet it's mr/mrs "Did you check the roommates alibi?" after Jodi freaking confessed.

Someone on that jury feels they have reasonable doubt. That's the only explanation.

Lol, no you don't! I took Ambien ONE TIME. I slept. And then I sleep-drove. I woke up with a cop knocking on my driver's side window, a deployed air bag, a knot on my head and a tree in my car. I was fine, car was totaled, she drove me home, I flushed the bottle down the toilet. A month later I got a bill from the city for the expense of sending an arborist out to examine the tree, lol.

Made me hallucinate. Loved it!

I keep checking twitter and refreshing my screen in fear that I missed the notification.

Originally Posted by windridge

I see the autopsy photos and I get repulsed but if there are people on the jury who think like this then we can say goodbye to justice for Travis. I'm disheartened. By the time they reach a decision I won't even care to hear it.

This waiting, waiting is making me anxious! :scared:

I'm starting to second guess JM - yep!

Did JM provide the jury with a timeline exhibit of the premeditated actions of JA along with details of her murder trip? TIA

What do we know that the jury doesn't?

Please cut and paste list - don't quote

JA tweets
Dr. Samuels sent her 8(?) greeting cards. (Thanks SD)
fake pedo letters
Travis and the spidies photo with his dad
Knives and gun found in hire car (Thanks mobius99)
JA's 2nd degree murder plea and threat to drag Travis through the mud
Interrogation tapes (majority of content)
-mumble things like "still hate me?" and giggle ominously. (Thanks amberjul)
-flipping her hair around and checking her make-up ... (Thanks DGC)
-JA Handstands
JA's parents tapes
JA kicking/killing doggy boy
Chris Hughes stories
- JA eavesdropping at door/ evil look
- JA sitting at table for further hour after Sky told her to go
plea agreement with threat to trash Travis
Some of JA's actions and her family's in court. We see close up because of the camera.s
Nurmi trying to leave the case 1000 times, okay 3 times
Nurmi's mistrial attempts
The HLN "drama"
JA spiderman t-shirt photo
Jailhouse fights ( Thank you S9)
JA potential fraud / tapping into Travis's bank account
JA previously on ticket to go to Cancun (not confirmed)
JA 'art'
Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
Sticking pencils in her shoe... (Thanks amberjul)
MS passing notes to JA's mom
JA's outside 'representative'
Dr D's laptop being stolen
911 call - Mimi and everyone else mentioning JA's name as person of suspicion
Cost of trial
ALV approaching Travis' sister (thanks Midwest Mama)
Whatever ALV was "taken to task" for in chambers (thanks Midwest Mama)
Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letters (thanks Midwest Mama)
JA's mom writing to Nurmi / JA's mom helping to her get hire car
JA's happy smiles when Jury is out of sight
Tire slashing multiple times of both TA & Lisa's tires, and the email sent to Lisa (Thanks OAZ)
Oh the CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks OAZ)
Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car (Thank you OAZ)
Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA (Thank you OAZ)
That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury) (Thank you OAZ)

---

I love your positive thoughts. I'll stand beside you !!
:balloons::welcome3::balloons:

I have been trying to "busy" myself for the past few days so that I wouldn't go crazy waiting for the guilty verdict. I even have asked myself what would I do if on this jury? Well, I do believe that the verdict will be in our favor. I do believe that they are maticuously going through the evidence just to make sure that they are 100% confident that she is guilty of the charge of Murder 1. It is they who will have to live with the decision of her fate:) Justice for the Alexanders'!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member