**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of ?s...
I've heard a couple of people say we can't trust Gracie's account of things b/c the long-time customer who also witnessed the exchange never came forward. Wasn't it testified that that person died?

Also... was Mr. G outside when MF found MY? TIA. Trying not to obsess. Not succeeding.

I think she added new information during the second trial that the other customer was a newspaper delivery guy ... that person has since passed away. Police had surveillance video in the store for 60 days after the murder but didn't bother to review it with the gas attendant. It would have strengthened the prosecution's case if that other customer - the one that supposedly yelled out to Jason - had been located. If that other customer had been identified and said that he didn't recognize Jason, that would have discredited the prosecution's theory ... so one does have to question why police didn't try harder to identify the other customer.

Mr G was inside and going nuts IIRC.

all here....very relaxed conversations
20/20 and dateline producers are also here.

ooh interesting that those two shows are there covering the trial. :)

The Fisher's are amazing - I don't know how they can be so calm awaiting the verdict..hope they agree with me and some others that the PT team did a really good job this time, much better than last time. :)

I'm not surprised JY's family are relaxed..they seem like cool customers to me...

JMHO...

thanks again for the updates! Hopefully you'll be there when the jury comes back...

As a juror, my personal opinion based on all the evidence and testimony would be that JY was in fact at least involved with or orchestrated the actual murder (beyond a reasonable doubt), but not the actual murderer beyond a reasonable doubt -and- that he was at the crime scene at some point (beyond a reasonable doubt) but not not during the murder beyond a reasonable doubt.

Based on the jury instructions, I would have to vote NG. :sick:

I'm confused with this post. Can you elaborate? Here's what you were quoting:

"Under the law of this State, for a person to be guilty of a crime, it is not necessary that he personally do all of the acts necessary to commit that crime. If two or more persons join together with a common purpose to commit first degree murder, and each is actually present when that crime is committed, then each would be responsible for the acts committed by the other in the perpetration of that crime."

Since the above says (and maybe I am misreading it!) if you are a conspirator with someone to commit murder, and even if you aren't there when murder takes place, you can still be punished the same.

And you said you thought JY could be involved with the murder, but NOT the actual murderer why wouldn't you be G instead of NG?

Remember he also wore gloves so he wouldn't get scratch marks on him, but removed them to beat her and left a mark on the wall then put the gloves back on or picked them up with the murder weapon, CY diaper, & any other physical evidence.. He was smart enough to do all that & more, but not smart enough to keep his HP off his feet...

Gloves on and off suggests two people. Two sets of prints suggest two people. Unexplained prints suggest more than one person. Nothing about Jason with the two pair of shoes makes sense in the strangulation scenario.

I think she added new information during the second trial that the other customer was a newspaper delivery guy ... that person has since passed away. Police had surveillance video in the store for 60 days after the murder but didn't bother to review it with the gas attendant. It would have strengthened the prosecution's case if that other customer - the one that supposedly yelled out to Jason - had been located. If that other customer had been identified and said that he didn't recognize Jason, that would have discredited the prosecution's theory ... so one does have to question why police didn't try harder to identify the other customer.

Mr G was inside and going nuts IIRC.

I believe they didn't investigate more for that person because there was no person.. Or they found the person & it was a different morning...

A couple of ?s...
I've heard a couple of people say we can't trust Gracie's account of things b/c the long-time customer who also witnessed the exchange never came forward. Wasn't it testified that that person died?

Also... was Mr. G outside when MF found MY? TIA. Trying not to obsess. Not succeeding.

Gracie first said there was a regular customer who came in every day around the same time to have coffee and would chat with her.

She said after Jason supposedly left, the customer said that was "kind of rude".

LE tried to find him, she did not know his name, so they set up surveillance tapes and put out fliers.

To this day, they have never found him.

Gracie added another witness at a later time, he was the news paper carrier, and he called LE and said he never witnessed what she said.

Later, he passed away.:(

Regarding the age of juror forewoman, maybe she comes across very detailed and mature for her age and the other jurors didn't want the responsibility? How is it decided who it will be? Does the person say, Hey I'd like to do it and then everyone votes or does one person nominate someone?

We have a family friend who is 18 years old and a freshman in college. He is on the college mock trial team and his high school mock trial team won the State Championship this year. He just had his first juror experience and he was picked as foreman! I was surprised and proud of him though. But, he looks like he is about 12, but is mature and serious.

I believe they didn't investigate more for that person was because there was no person.. Or they found the person & it was a different morning...

I'm wondering if the prosecution decided that it was safer to go with a witness that had serious memory problems, but who would modify her testimony to fit the prosecution's theory (she changed her testimony in the second trial) than to come up with a witness that disagreed with her.

all here....very relaxed conversations
20/20 and dateline producers are also here.

Is JY just kicking back? Is he allowed to leave the table and sit with mama or does he have to stay put?

How exciting you are there!

I'm glad you are there and thinking about the Fishers and thank you for all you have done to help seek Justice for Michelle and Rylan. You are appreciated by many of us who believe that Michelle deserves Justice.

Couldn't agree more! JTF is the best.. :)

This is the only trial (other than the first JY trial) that I've done verdict watch for...I can't imagine how the lawyers are feeling right now. :candle:

Have the jurors asked to review any evidence again?

Is JY just kicking back? Is he allowed to leave the table and sit with mama or does he have to stay put?

How exciting you are there!

For the time being, he's a free man and can go wherever he wants.

Whew, finally caught up with you all in real time!

IMO (and btw taking my mod-cape off here; this is my personal opinion), the age of the foreperson isn't such a big deal. She may be a teacher or lawyer or mom of several--as long as she's someone with the charisma and intelligence to corral 12 unique individuals' thoughts and focus them on the task at hand, more power to her. A majority of her peers voted her in, so she must have some moxie to inspire their confidence!

(Must admit though, I was sad to realize that I'm of an age to consider someone in their late 20's to be "young"... :sigh: )

Couldn't agree more! JTF is the best.. :)

This is the only trial (other than the first JY trial) that I've done verdict watch for...I can't imagine how the lawyers are feeling right now. :candle:

Have the jurors asked to review any evidence again?

I just got out of my afternoon deposition, so I am playing catch up.

Have they asked to view any evidence yet? Did they take anything back there with them?

I just got out of my afternoon deposition, so I am playing catch up.

Have they asked to view any evidence yet? Did they take anything back there with them?

Haven't heard about any requests other than break and lunch.

He can never profit from this trial. He can't write a book, etc. no matter the outcome.

Is that b/c of the Civil outcome? That would make sense. I'm glad. The one thing I'm worried JY may get is CY :maddening: I pray she is able to stay with MF and LF.

Yup Beth posted it on her FB

Beth Karas InSession
Jurors took a one-hour lunch and resumed deliberations just after 2 pm. They asked to go home for the weekend at 4:50 pm, if they haven't reached a verdict by then.

It makes sense that the trial proceedings follow a typical work schedule (albeit a pretty lax 9:30-5 with 90 minute lunch government-job work schedule), but once the jury is handed the case and begins deliberations they should be willing to take longer hours and work weekends.

They are charged with a serious responsibility and should be focused on nothing else until verdict. Taking the weekend off should not be an option at this point in the trial.

OT:

I have been watching the news about the horrific severe weather that is happening in Alabama, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia and covering 17 states.

I am praying for all those who may find themselves in the path of these monster tornadoes.

I noticed that the red zone is very close to Raliegh too.

The stormchasers are saying some of these tornadoes are the largest they have ever seen.

Please be alert and safe.

Sorry for the off topic but things are very dangerous for a lot of states at this time.

IMO

It makes sense that the trial proceedings follow a typical work schedule (albeit a pretty lax 9:30-5 with 90 minute lunch government-job work schedule), but once the jury is handed the case and begins deliberations they should be willing to take longer hours and work weekends.

They are charged with a serious responsibility and should be focused on nothing else until verdict. Taking the weekend off should not be an option at this point in the trial.

They don't have a choice about this weekend. The judge announced yesterday that there is some work being done to the courthouse this weekend and they won't be permitted inside.

I see what you're saying, but the judge told them that they could not deliberate Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990