**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were on the jury, the thing I just couldn't get by was JY not having any contact with LE, especially his conduct that Friday night. The months turned into years and he NEVER once inquired about the investigation.

Also his giving up Cassidy would be HUGE for me as it points to guilt IMO. Why else would he want to avoid PE and questioning? There simply is no other answer than he is guilty as h*ll.

I had trouble sleeping last night.....I am a bundle of nerves.....I can hardly bring myself to eat..........I can't even fathom what Linda and Meredith are going through.

Please, please God, let there be justice!!

I agree with your post. Another thing that I can't get by is that he never asked any friends or especially LF, being that they were close and spoke often if Michelle had mentioned anything odd to them about anybody. Even Shelly that spent the last evening of MY life with her, didn't ask her if Michelle said anything to her, or what her demeanor was when she left. Never asked friends if they had any idea who could have done this. Not a word! Because he knew.

I would think if he was innocent, when hearing it was a homicide he would questioned that knowing MY was depressed and would first think it was a suicide or something.

Like you I can't fathom how the Fishers are holding out waiting once again to see justice served.

If they find him not guilty, I doubt they are going after him on perjury.

One of the things that bothered me that I'm going to share now (flame away) pointed me towards the idea of a stranger crime.

The description of what JY did in the hotel room was probably quite accurate(from the fiancee). But, MY was bludgeoned from the back. To me, that's a crime that a stranger (random, some woman's husband, whatever) partook in. It could even be a friend of JY or an acquaintance. I just see starting with strangulation ending because it wasn't working (she said she was pregnant, she fought, etc, etc.) and the bludgeoning coming because they couldn't pull of the strangulation.

I'm not saying it wasn't him. I'm just saying that's what raised my hackles. I believe that is probably the only thing that really made me raise my eyebrows.

Having seen/heard all the testimony/evidence from this trial, from where I sit, most of the pieces of the puzzle HC alluded to in CA painted a clear picture for me, murder in the 1st degree.

OTOH, Jurors take their jobs very seriously and in a LWOP situation with CE evidence, from where the jurors sit, they (12) will have a very difficult time arriving at a verdict, if in fact they do.

FWIW, I've served on a long, capital murder trial (triple murder and rape) and I've also served for one year as a Grand Jury foreperson. I can say that the foreman of the jury does have a lot of influence on the outcome of the verdict. Face it, some people are leaders and some people are followers. Some jurors jump at the chance for someone to make up their mind for them, it kinda takes some of the burden off of them in deciding what will happen to someone's life. I will admit that I have "helped" other jurors to understand the evidence and the meaning of "reasonable doubt".

And what is your opinion in this case?

Thank you and I did find it. The message seemed to me to be pretty benign. I don't know why they bothered to play it. jmo

Seems pretty benign on the surface, and IMO the DT played it for the jury to say "Look at this long, detailed message JY left for his wife around 8:10 in the morning... why would he leave this message if he just killed her a few hours before".

Well, to further help establish his alibi. For me as a G, it's definitely a farce.

If they find him not guilty, I doubt they are going after him on perjury.

One of the things that bothered me that I'm going to share now (flame away) pointed me towards the idea of a stranger crime.

The description of what JY did in the hotel room was probably quite accurate(from the fiancee). But, MY was bludgeoned from the back. To me, that's a crime that a stranger (random, some woman's husband, whatever) partook in. It could even be a friend of JY or an acquaintance. I just see starting with strangulation ending because it wasn't working (she said she was pregnant, she fought, etc, etc.) and the bludgeoning coming because they couldn't pull of the strangulation.

I'm not saying it wasn't him. I'm just saying that's what raised my hackles. I believe that is probably the only thing that really made me raise my eyebrows.

Did you see the front of her face? Look back at the PT closing starting around the 27 minute mark and watch for a few if you didnt. Someone knocked her out from the front then they beat her in the back of the head to make sure she was dead IMO. (That someone to me is JY IMO)

Seems pretty benign on the surface, and IMO the DT played it for the jury to say "Look at this long, detailed message JY left for his wife around 8:10 in the morning... why would he leave this message if he just killed her a few hours before".

Well, to further help establish his alibi. For me as a G, it's definitely a farce.

I guess I would question all the detail. Why didn't he just say I'll call you back and then give her all those details? That would be more logical to me. jmo

Did I just hear that right? IN said Jury said they wanted to deliberate till 4:50 then be dismissed if they haven't reached a decision?

Ok said it again, they want to recess at 4:50 if they haven't reached a verdict.

Did you see the front of her face? Look back at the PT closing starting around the 27 minute mark and watch for a few if you didnt. Someone knocked her out from the front then they beat her in the back of the head to make sure she was dead IMO. (That someone to me is JY IMO)
Think he first strangled her, either ligature or manual, from the front and then all heck broke loose.

Did I just hear that right? IN said Jury said they wanted to deliberate till 4:50 then be dismissed if they haven't reached a decision?

The judge did give them lots of leeway. I noticed and thought it was strange. But he did tell them you let me know how long you want to go and when you want to stop. I guess they are calling the shots and want their weekend just like normal. I personally would be so caught up in what I was supposed to be doing that I couldn't do anything else until it was resolved. But, that's just me. It's not like they have been deliberating for days and days. jmo

Ok said it again, they want to recess at 4:50 if they haven't reached a verdict.

Yup Beth posted it on her FB

Beth Karas InSession
Jurors took a one-hour lunch and resumed deliberations just after 2 pm. They asked to go home for the weekend at 4:50 pm, if they haven't reached a verdict by then.

https://www.facebook.com/BethKarasInsession

Sounds like no verdict today, imo

And this is the biggest problem with the case. Telling the jury to disregard reality! I hope the jury comes through to tell the world that, in fact, the emperor is bare-naked, IYKWIM.

So you really have an issue with the US Constitution? There are very good reasons it is written the way it is.

Isn't Michelle Obama in Raleigh, I assume traffic would be kind of crazy.

Am I the only person that thinks that the jurors should be sequestered during deliberations in murder cases?

I guess I would question all the detail. Why didn't he just say I'll call you back and then give her all those details? That would be more logical to me. jmo

I agree! The detail bothered me a lot. Especially the part about "I know you have an appointment"... okay genius, if you know that why not try to reach her on her cell phone to wish her good luck with the OB appointment and say call me and tell me how that went. IME most expectant dads are very interested to hear what the OB says after each appointment.

Isn't Michelle Obama in Raleigh, I assume traffic would be kind of crazy.

Am I the only person that thinks that the jurors should be sequestered during deliberations in murder cases?

I think they should be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member