verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet there is one or two jurors that cannot side with the other.

Better not be a hung jury.

I think so too but I think they will all eventually agree on 1st deg murder. I hope no one is holding out because they're tired and don't want to have to go through a penalty phase. That's my biggest concern right now.

No matter how anxious we are JA is on a wild ride. Her arrogance will convince her she will not get Murder 1. Her dreams will convince her otherwise. Well worth the wait if JA is suffering greatly.

Gonna take a break and watch Sopranos on HBO:)

I so miss that show....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is Nancy Grace smoking and WHY am I listening to her?

It was good to hear from that guy (sheriff's department) on HLN saying Jodi has no pencils, no papers, no nothing while she sits in the basement all alone, waiting to learn her fate. Hey, that would be terrible..... sitting there day after day, nothing to do, bored to tears. I say let the jury take a month or two to reach a verdict! Except.........it's not fair to punish us!!!

I agree, except that made me even MORE comfortable waiting longer for a verdict! Let her be bored. Let her be on the juror's timeline since they so often had to wait for something brought on by her or her DT. I LOVE that she isn't even allowed a pencil :floorlaugh: "what's a girl to do?" :floorlaugh:

Keep in mind peeps while we're all freaking out- it took Scott Peterson's jury 7 days to convict him AND he got the Death Penalty!!! Keep hope, this is Arizona, they are conservative, they don't tolerate crime and aren't afraid to judge- even women!!!
And... OJ was acquitted in less than 4 hours- ignore the talking heads except Beth, they're being paid to take sides.

For us yes, but the jury is not privvy to HLN, WS, Twitter, Facebook etc... they can only deliberate to what was presented in court.

Sometimes I wonder if that would be easier in a way... Only hearing 4 straight months of testimony, none of the extra stuff. Seems much more streamlined and easier to focus maybe. But it is a huge heavy decision, no doubt.

BK said the jurors were laughing & jovial

I don't think this would be their moods if they were hung-JMO

me too, i just feel in my gut that there is no reason to worry right now - its a CAPITOL murder case - it is a huge decision this jury is making, and i don't think them being thorough going over 5 months of testimony and 600 pieces of evidence is not a bad thing - and personally i am just blocking out JC

I go back and forth. I think JA is a despicable being but I have to admit if I was the one who was making the decision, Even if I felt sure I would that it was murder 1. I would want to make really sure. Really really sure.. this is someone's life and I think they are taking it seriously.

I agree Scarlett, it took us three days to send somebody to jail for just 3 years and I was the jury foreperson. The evidence was clear to all but two of the jurors, one man and one woman who were the kind of people who were very poor at making decisions.....ANY decision...so we just carefully led them both through all the aspects of the evidence until they were comfortable enough to make their mind up. Even then you could see their discomfort in forming the word "Guilty". If we all alike, life sure would be boring.

Edit: Please don't misunderstand, I know what you mean about being really sure but some people need more than that.:blushing:

JC is on Nancy right now, mimicking the "defiant" juror. :facepalm: This woman drives me nuts.

Oh now Jean's added a new detail that she didn't mention before? Now she says the other female flipped her hair and sighed. She drives me insane!

These jurors have been hanging out with each other for months, I'm not surprised they have groups that get along .. and JC maybe the juror was walking like that because she was annoyed at the MEDIA being there??

Special Relativity and all that!

Oh Hey THANKS A LOT HLN .... Watching the clips of CA and OJ verdicts is making this so much easier!!

:tantrum:

Jackie Damico ‏@InSessionJackie 30s #JodiArias jurors say they will resume deliberations tomorrow at 1pm EST.

Seriously? That is 10 AM their time, not the agreed upon 9AM last Friday. Is this right???

I'm wondering why there has to be a disagreement going on in the jury room. There are over 600 pieces of evidence. Because it's a death penalty case, I would want to go through evidence that validates my decision, and what it is the defense is saying that makes my decision invalid.

Maybe, they all agreed on the first vote, but want to be able to answer to it in their own consciences later on. I really don't want them to rush through, and not be able to live with themselves later on. What a huge responsibility it is to hold someone's life in your hands.
:twocents:

Some tweets via multi-media twitter (Elizabeth Erwin is a reporter with
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ. We know who Vinnie Politan and Beth Karas are.):

elizabetherwin Deliberations resume at 10am tomorrow. #jodiarias 21 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

VinniePolitan #JodiArias jury going home... 22 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

elizabetherwin The jurors looked a little tired when they left the jury room just now...it's been a long few days (long few months really) #JodiArias 22 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

BethKaras Jurors just left for the day. #jodiarias 23 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

I think Nancy Grace has "Tot Mom" PTSD. She doesn't want egg on her face if they come back with anything less than 1st degree. :twocents:

Let's remember folks, the jury on the Scott Peterson case took only one vote during deliberations and it was unanimous. They went through the case first. I think that it would be good for everyone to remember that this is Death Penalty case. it really doesn't get any more serious than this kind of a verdict...that leads to a potential decision to take another person's life. It's so easy for us to judge them with our emotions and impatience (myself included).

All of the speculation is not only mind-boggling, it's downright unhealthy. Personally, I am going to release the outcome to the Universe. I believe in justice and in mercy. Most importantly, I want for all of us to rest in peace tonight and not grant permission for Stabby Einstein to deprive us of our healthy mind today or tomorrow.

Let this juror take their time if they must. This is NOT any other case. It is foolhardy to allow confirmation bias to take root and compare this to any other case. If the verdict is not M!, then we can rightfully debate. However, we have got to let this jury deliberate and we should send all of our energy to those 12 unenviable individuals and the Alexander family. All.of.it.

The way I see it, I have no right to demand the jury act on my impatience. Worry will not change a dang thing.

The world of social media is collectively insane right now. I can't believe how much more productive I was once I stopped waiting and watching.

I hope I can do it again tomorrow....because trust me, I'm a study in contrasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV