verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for OT...

Chris Cuomo's interview w/ Amanda Knox is on CNN tonight @ 10 ET. Should be interesting.

I posted this on the last thread right before the doors closed. I didn't follow that case so I know nothing about it. However, in the previews of the interview to air tonight, I see her talking and her voice shaking but NO tears. In previous interviews I've observed the same thing. Kind of reminds me of JA rubbing her nose and trying to cry.

Again, I have no opinion one way or the other in regards to Amanda Knox, I just thought the "crying" similarity was interesting.

So...playing Devil's Advocate.

Let's say hung jury.

I have heard the TH's say that AZ would NOT waste the money to retry this case.

What say you? If in AZ, would you want them to or not? Would Jodi actually find a jury that has not heard even the most basic details of the case?

And finally, how does a retrial work? Like starting completely over? Setting a jury and representing it? Or what?

Again...don't blame the messenger. Just trying to provoke some conversation...that is inconceivable to many, but not completely out of the realm of possibility!

my dearest peeps, i am not one bit worried about this jury.

As many of you have pointed out in detail (because that's how you sleuthers roll), the jurors do not know all the info we do.

Moreover, the jurors have not had the luxury of playing and replaying each day's evidence, not only at the end of the day, but even weeks after testimony was given. They have the evidence, and they have their notes.

They don't know our david lohr, our katiecoo. They didn't watch vinnie and mike playact the closet fantasy. Mikee daniels is unknown to them.

The jurors haven't had the benefit of contemplating insightful comments from our wonderful posters who are verified lawyers, health care and mental health professionals.

They have heard all the testimony that we have heard--but they have been forbidden to talk with one another about it for over 4 months! Can you imagine?

They are looking at each of those 600+ pieces of evidence with completely different eyes than we have.

Honestly? If it were not for some of my fellow posters here, i don't think the gas can testimony would have made as much sense to me as it instinctively did to some of you. My mind doesn't work in those analytical, math-y, liquid volume-y ways--and if i were a juror relying only on evidence & my notes of testimony... Well, i can't say i would have known exactly what to take notes on in that part, or how to organize that information in my mind.

So there are 12 of them, each with their own quirks like that, trying to get to a conclusion. Some are spatial. Some spaced out for parts of testimony. Some need to see it to believe it, and some need to hear it to understand it. Some took copious notes, and yet no two of their notebooks will be the same. Some will need them to perform their own re-enactment of the "lunge/chase down the hall/magical leap" scenario. Some will need to see it all drawn out in a timeline on a whiteboard.

They have so much to do in there. We must trust, and give them time to do it.

^^amen!

I hope Arias does sell millions and millions of whatever only to have to :seeya: to it in order to satisfy a judgment for wrongful death.

honestly i don't get it, every one saying what they did was so "kinky" - especially on hln - frankly on the kink scale, they didn't even get their freak flag to half mast - i think (especially on the tv networks) it really was much ado about nothing, and i don't think it will make that much difference imo

BBM :floorlaugh:

Hi, elementary!

Although the question is not directed to me, I'll answer it.

Deliberations resume tomorrow at 10 a.m. MST which would be 1 p.m. EDT and 12 p.m. CDT.

As you may know, Phoenix is on Mountain Standard Time and the east cost is on Eastern Daylight Time.

Respectfuly..
Its Pacific time....AZ does not follow DST...
(Just trying to stop all the confusion for the newbies...)

I bet there is one or two jurors that cannot side with the other.

Better not be a hung jury.

these poor people have been sitting there since the start of February. I bet they have a lot to talk about. Like a LOT.

It took the Scott Peterson Jury seven days to deliberate (and we all know where he is sitting now and rightfully so)

Let them talk. They asked good questions during the trial and they will get there.:twocents:

They resume at 10:00 a.m. ARIZONA time

Which will be 1:00 p.m. EASTERN TIME ZONE

Okay, thanks. must have misunderstood the post I was commenting on. I will calm down now. thanks again.

JC is on Nancy right now, mimicking the "defiant" juror. :facepalm: This woman drives me nuts.

And the way she says "the one that looks like JA mother" is making my skin crawl. JC is an embarrassment.:banghead:

I'm disappointed and have a feeling this jury is going to be exactly like the Casey Anthony jury. This trial cost millions and believe me "no jury is ever going to convict me" why because I'm a pretty girl. I'm done. Our justice system needs to be revamped. I'll shut up and believe the just verdict if we get one.

Respectfuly..
Its Pacific time....AZ does not follow DST...
(Just trying to stop all the confusion for the newbies...)
It does get confusing. I believe it's because the state of AZ does not follow Daylight Savings Time.

Sneaking in while at my son's basketball practice :blushing:.

I can't believe we don't have a verdict yet. Seriously. I thought for sure we'd have one today at the latest.

( I saw that sneaky nun in here..)

OH EM GEEE. I am so tired. I am seriously thinking that I will have another glass of wine so that I do not care that the dishes have not been washed.

My hubby is taking pity on me and taking the kids to school. Dd and DGD. I could zzzz right here.

On topic - I have not lost hope. You know why? Because there is NO way she is getting away with this.

For us yes, but the jury is not privvy to HLN, WS, Twitter, Facebook etc... they can only deliberate to what was presented in court.

18 days of the (proven) lying arias.

((we thought WE had it bad))

Since I have served as a juror I have come to the conclusion that a simple IQ test and simple question test should be given potential jurors during the selection process. I think they should have to be qualified to serve on a jury, period. I've seen jurors who I thought had smoked entirely too much MJ over the years and I've seen some who had absolutely no clue why they were on a jury. Some of them just had this blank look on their faces and couldn't recall even the most obviously simple evidence shown during the examinations. Some want to try the case in the juror room only they make up the evidence in their own minds. Some of them don't understand any of the instructions at all. Some of them can't even read the instructions. Think about it, these jurors are deciding actual life and death cases. Scarey.
ETA: This is true, y'all. One juror after looking at actual crime scene photos of two toddlers, one with her throat cut all the way to the spine and one with their intestines spilled out on her bed after being gutted, made the comment "This isn't anything, I"ve seen worse on videos!". I'm not embellishing any, really.

While you are ordering up tests for potential jurors, could you make it the kind where it's timed? We don't want no more stinking waiting on jurors that are slow on the uptake, either, LOL!

I was thinking tonight about how long I take to make important decisions even if I am pretty sure about what I want to do.

I would bet if I was deciding about someone's life, I would take at least the same amount of time it takes me to pick out a sofa.. ;)

I so want to hear that guilty verdict. But I think NB is right. They are smart. They have a lot of think about talk about. Even us who all mainly agree on the verdict we want have different ways we get there.

Okay, Ill give them til tomorrow at 4 pm eastern but after that, I may need oxygen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie