verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
these poor people have been sitting there since the start of February. I bet they have a lot to talk about. Like a LOT.

It took the Scott Peterson Jury seven days to deliberate (and we all know where he is sitting now and rightfully so)

Let them talk. They asked good questions during the trial and they will get there.:twocents:

January 2 is when the trial started.

People should really have faith in their deliberations!

They have always presented taking their job seriously, this is an important part of their job, please be patient people.

So...playing Devil's Advocate.

Let's say hung jury.

I have heard the TH's say that AZ would NOT waste the money to retry this case.

What say you? If in AZ, would you want them to or not? Would Jodi actually find a jury that has not heard even the most basic details of the case?

And finally, how does a retrial work? Like starting completely over? Setting a jury and representing it? Or what?

Again...don't blame the messenger. Just trying to provoke some conversation...that is inconceivable to many, but not completely out of the realm of possibility!
I think the talking heads are idiots and are jealous of Juan. I can't see Juan just letting Jodi off the hook and not re-trying her, especially with such a strong case!! There's far more evidence here than in Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony, and OJ's cases, and Jodi has even admitted killing him on the stand!!! Yes, a retrial is completely starting over, and that's preferable to an acquittal or getting off on a lesser charge. But Jodi deserves no less than murder1, because that's what it is. Her stupid tweets about how she would have avoided this "disaster" by pleading out or committing suicide are stupid because the state wasn't going to let her have less than murder1, and the family does want Death.

Let's say hung jury.

What say you? If in AZ, would you want them to or not? Would Jodi actually find a jury that has not heard even the most basic details of the case?

And finally, how does a retrial work? Like starting completely over? Setting a jury and representing it? Or what?

Again...don't blame the messenger. Just trying to provoke some conversation...that is inconceivable to many, but not completely out of the realm of possibility!

Yes,they would start all over..but I think Jodi would lose her lawyers at this point as we know KN does not like her 9 out of 10 days-LOL

I would not retry this case-I would make a deal..LWOP

I hope Arias does sell millions and millions of whatever only to have to :seeya: to it in order to satisfy a judgment for wrongful death.

i would think the statue of limitations have passed by now.......it's been five years......isn't it usually filed within two years?

arizona lawyers?

Guess NG is not going to get to Judge Belvin Perry tonight :(

They resume at 10:00 a.m. ARIZONA time

Which will be 1:00 p.m. EASTERN TIME ZONE

:banghead:Honestly, I'm expecting to hear that the jury is now getting to court at the crack of noon, Arizona time and will recess for mid-afternoon break at 2:00pm and recess for the day at 3:30 pm. Actual courtroom hours have been laughable for this trial. And I don't need to hear about the judge having other cases. This trial should have had a dedicated judge.

If I were on the jury, even if I was convinced of my vote, I would understand the gravity of the decision we were making. I would be more than willing to take the time to go through the evidence, points of confusion, etc so as much as possible, everyone was comfortable in their decision. They have to live with this decision for the rest of their lives. They have taken almost 14 hours so far. That is less than four minutes per day of testimony they heard. (54 days divided by 14 hours). That is NOT a lot of time.

I would drive the jury crazy if I were the foreperson... I'd would stop and take a vote on each point: "She rented a car as a blonde in Redding, do we all agree? Raise your hands. Okay, next..."

I'm disappointed and have a feeling this jury is going to be exactly like the Casey Anthony jury. This trial cost millions and believe me "no jury is ever going to convict me" why because I'm a pretty girl. I'm done. Our justice system needs to be revamped. I'll shut up and believe the just verdict if we get one.

Don't get discouraged. The Scott Peterson jury took seven days. This may just be a very thorough jury, which is a good thing!

Positive thoughts attract positive results. :)

I'm disappointed and have a feeling this jury is going to be exactly like the Casey Anthony jury. This trial cost millions and believe me "no jury is ever going to convict me" why because I'm a pretty girl. I'm done. Our justice system needs to be revamped. I'll shut up and believe the just verdict if we get one.

Well Jodi actually admitted to murder, Casey Anthony did not. There are pics of the crime occurring. If we cant get a murder 1 out of this I don't know what it takes. So I will hold out hope.

someone keep me awake long enough to watch DrD :sigh: i dont want to miss Deanna but it doesn't start til 2am here

Let's say hung jury.

It depends on the public. My instinct is to say no to retrial, they'll take a 2nd degree plea, in most cases the public would prefer this to throwing more $$ down the same hole. In this case, the strong opinion of that public could make them roll the dice on another trial but, again, I doubt it. Only the defense benefits from a second trial and they know that.

BUT it doesn't matter. This jury will not be hung. As I've said before, those jurors convinced of her guilt will be so inflamed by the savagery of this crime that they are not walking away from this.

All I said was that as the mother of a little girl that age, I was very disturbed by that comment and if a friend or acquaintance made a comment similar to that in my presence, I would absolutely not allow them around my daughter.

I have read on dozens upon dozens of threads in this very forum cases where a parent had a friend who said similar things, only the parent's ignored it as "no big deal". And when the unthinkable happened, every poster on these boards blamed the parent for allowing an "obvious pervert" access to their child!!!!

I never said Travis was a pedophile and I do not believe that. What I said was that in this day and age, after all of the heartbreaking cases I have read on this very forum, I would be very alarmed by anyone making a statement like that.

It is my right as a parent, in fact my RESPONSIBILITY as a parent to protect my child from anything that raises my hackles.

I choose to err on the side of caution when it comes to my child's safety and I do not deserved to be attacked for that.

Never once have I blamed or sullied this victim. I made a very true and very heartfelt comment about my parental instincts regarding the "12-year-old girl" remark. I was respectful and honest in my post and stand by my feelings regarding it.

I am sorry you interpreted my protectiveness as an attack on Travis.

Thanks, and MOO.
I agree as the mother of a 12-year-old girl. It's a disgusting comment. That being said, it does NOT mean Travis was a pedophile.

I have limited my trial viewing to WAT since the beginning, I DID watch the entire interrogation videos, but other than a.) more manipulation b.) lies........I didn't put any more into it than what the jury saw. I have seen the bits and pieces not shown to the jury, but have really just held on to the trial testimony and evidence.
I don't watch HLN, and have only had to hear it in the background when BF is watching it.
That being said, you have 12 human beings in a room, going over tons of evidence, pictures, notes, etc. 20 pages of jury instructions.
They may already have their verdict but are making sure that their decision is right with the evidence. IDK....
It's frustrating, but it is what it is.
I hope they come to a verdict tomorrow.........
But it is what it is, and HANG IN THERE, ALEXANDER FAMILY!!!!!
OT: Today, I scheduled to have our old gray mare put down on Friday, she's been in an extreme amount of pain and I couldn't put it off. So I'm not in the best of shape.

:banghead:Honestly, I'm expecting to hear that the jury is now getting to court at the crack of noon, Arizona time and will recess for mid-afternoon break at 2:00pm and recess for the day at 3:30 pm. Actual courtroom hours have been laughable for this trial. And I don't need to hear about the judge having other cases. This trial should have had a dedicated judge.

maybe the jury needs some rest. we dont know what they have given up.

Why on God's green earth would TA make reference to a 12 year old IF he had just been found out by JA and, according to her, hated himself for it?? And, would the murderess be giggling if she had just found out he was a pedophile, which, according to her story made her throw up, twice??

Because there was no pedophilia. AT ALL.

Sickofitall - not directed at you, just jumped off your post.

This is very true. Jodi had to pick something that would make her killing of him justified and this is what she picked because she figured no one could prove it was not true. Jodi did not kill him because of their sex life. She killed him because she felt she could and get away with it. Sex had nothing to do with why Travis is dead but look at how much time discussing it was taken up during this trial.

honestly i don't get it, every one saying what they did was so "kinky" - especially on hln - frankly on the kink scale, they didn't even get their freak flag to half mast - i think (especially on the tv networks) it really was much ado about nothing, and i don't think it will make that much difference imo

I agree...*Yawn*...I don't understand why people think it was so scandalous ....

Moo.

I trust the jury-- the sex carp means nothing to them.
:cow:

i see a few people asking about time difference etc what i did was add AZ time to my laptop clock...

click on the time on the right hand bottom corner,additional clocks then add az time. i know by heart now but its good if i am loosing my marbles some days.

this is for windows btw :seeya:

i would think the statue of limitations have passed by now.......it's been five years......isn't it usually filed within two years?

lawyers?

No, they can file it after the verdict in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member