verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE PLEASE pray for my Mother. My sister just called and said she had to do CPR because she had another heart attack, we've heard nothing since the paramedics took her. I am 4 states away and there are no more flights tonight - I'm on the first one at 5am in the morning. I feel completely useless and helpless.

I just need a quick prayer. Thank you.

I truly want to trust this jury to come to the right decision. I hate that the lesser charges were even added to the instructions.
Not necessarily saying this about this jury, just generally.It scares me to think some people do not know what reasonable doubt is and can sit on a capital case. JM has laid out premeditation, it doesn't get much clearer. Sadly our justice system does suffer the "csi effect". Seems jurors want a video or it didn't happen. I had terrible feelings about some of the juror questions. Considering there were a few that tried to add to Jodi's story themselves, seeming like they were trying to justify it in their own minds.
Anyways just my 2 cents at the momen.

So...playing Devil's Advocate.

Let's say hung jury.

I have heard the TH's say that AZ would NOT waste the money to retry this case.

What say you? If in AZ, would you want them to or not? Would Jodi actually find a jury that has not heard even the most basic details of the case?

And finally, how does a retrial work? Like starting completely over? Setting a jury and representing it? Or what?

Again...don't blame the messenger. Just trying to provoke some conversation...that is inconceivable to many, but not completely out of the realm of possibility!

I would want her to be retried.

This is very true. Jodi had to pick something that would make her killing of him justified and this is what she picked because she figured no one could prove it was not true. Jodi did not kill him because of their sex life. She killed him because she felt she could and get away with it. Sex had nothing to do with why Travis is dead but look at how much time discussing it was taken up during this trial.

this is what criminal defense attornies do; criminal defense 101, distract, lie, confuse. how hard is that? it is pretty easy to really. Our court system allows defense attornies to throw anything and everything at the wall to see what sticks. oh, your father molested you? there is no corroboration for that but who cares. oh, your boyfriend was a pedophile; there is not one scintilla of evidence for that, but who cares. the court will allow you to put that crap before the jury regardless. our court system is broken and needs a fixin' though i don't see that happening anytime soon.

Well...apparently you CANNOT mark my words on having a verdict today. lol...Just as long as JA is wrong that "no jury will ever convict" her, then I am fine with that.

Maybe tomorrow will be the day...Wednesday's are JA's regularly scheduled migraine days, so maybe tomorrow the jury will give her something to have a migraine about. :)

can someone clarify what time they are starting tomorrow AZ time? 9 or 10?

none of this debate or revelations on NG or HLN makes a bit of difference. we know the truth and the jury will never see this. it is driving me crazy and is so frustrating. moving over to Bravo. jmo

PLEASE PLEASE pray for my Mother. My sister just called and said she had to do CPR because she had another heart attack, we've heard nothing since the paramedics took her. I am 4 states away and there are no more flights tonight - I'm on the first one at 5am in the morning. I feel completely useless and helpless.

You got it. Good thoughts for you and your family.

:hug: i hope your mum is ok :hug:

Oh no! HUGE prayers to you and your family. Keep us posted and safe travels!

:banghead:Honestly, I'm expecting to hear that the jury is now getting to court at the crack of noon, Arizona time and will recess for mid-afternoon break at 2:00pm and recess for the day at 3:30 pm. Actual courtroom hours have been laughable for this trial. And I don't need to hear about the judge having other cases. This trial should have had a dedicated judge.

They worked through their lunch. That would be an hour and a half court time.

oh you poor dear.....i've been there.........prayers and positivity sent your way........be careful and hoping for all the best :please:

i would think the statue of limitations have passed by now.......it's been five years......isn't it usually filed within two years?

arizona lawyers?

I'm not in Arizona, but I don't believe that the statute of limitations ever expire on murder anywhere.

I think Deanna Reid is on DD tonight, am I correct? Cause my brain is in overdrive mode, and my nerves are frayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487