verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are on the same page. I am not laughing at unfair treatment or anything like that. The :floorlaugh: is because IF he limits it to 40 a month, she is under that restriction right now. I think that is fair. (and if you watch the YouTube video filmed inside the Maricopa County Jail you will see that the girls in the "bunkbed" section of the jail get away with FAR MORE than should be allowed in any jail.) I agree that her having singing competitions, access to art supplies, very lax phone restrictions, etc is much more than other prisons allow. (having a relative who due to addiction issues has had several stints in jail or prison gives me far more info than I ever wanted about what is "normal" in a jail/prison setting).

Some are very against Sheriff Joe and say the things he does are against the prisoners "civil rights". I will be the first to admit that I don't have in-depth info on Sheriff Joe. However, the restrictions I have heard that he has on his jails are in no way abusive.
Because of a mention of the "chain gangs" here on WS, I looked up info about them during this trial. What I learned was that the "controversial" chain gangs are VOLUNTARY. No one is "forced" to be on the chain gang, and many choose it as it gets them outside, out of the prison walls, and some like the sense of "service" it gives them. IE: once a month the "chain gang" goes to a local pauper's cemetery and digs the graves for the indigent that need burials. There is an article that includes interviews of some of the women involved and they state it gives them a sense of service and honor to be a part of giving that person their final resting place. IMO

Would have snipped but too lazy.....Sheriff Joe's been doing pretty good to be elected 5 times now, in his 21st year of being sheriff. He's had a few idiots under him, and he's gone somewhat "mad dog" on a few things through the years (JMO). He's actually improved a lot of things as far as the jail situations, but you wouldn't know from talking to the inmates, they never spent any time there in the 80's before Joe took charge so they don't have a clue. My 1st ex-DH (he wasn't "dear" but you get the idea) spent time in the Durango, Airport Annex, and Buckeye jails, all renamed and re-modeled since Joe stepped in and they were bad places, even by jail standards. Ex also did time in Perryville and other state run facilities, but those have nothing to do with Joe (and now some of you know part of why I have an uncanny knowledge of jails and prisons in Az! The other part I got from family in LE so I've got a "clue" into both mind sets so to speak.)
As far as how he treats his "inmates", they're in his facilities because they have committed crimes, not taking a sabbatical from society to get the "spa" treatment, and I think he's doing a good job.
JA doesn't have a clue what awaits her. And the gals in Perryville know she's coming and they DON'T like her, not one little bit.:jail:

I was obsessed with that case the first go 'round and I read everything I could get my hands on and I remember even researching the area and the people and the club scene and how it happened, etc and I didn't believe her. I changed my mind for an instant after she was released but after reading everything I could get my hands on again regarding the reasons she was released ... I believe she's guilty.

All murderers can't, don't and won't rise to the level of Arias. As Arias didn't rise to the level of Dahmer.

Hmmm. Except Dahmer did admit to his crimes, took responsibility, made no excuses and took the licks he had coming.

You know you're a scuzzy ball of navel lint when Jeffrey Dahmer was a better person than you are.

BBM
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Thank you! I needed that laughter!

Thank-you pip. :seeya:

2ly322g.jpg

People! Don't let your PTSD from the Pinellas 12 debacle take over your minds like a thick FOG :stormingmad:... take a deep breath, remain calm, cool and collected and have a lil faith that this jury has the RIGHT STUFF. Give em a little time to be thorough, to cross all there T's and dot their i's... I like that they are taking this seriously (unlike the 12 we saw in Flor-i-DUH) They have all the information they need to come to the one and only conclusion that fits. They WILL get this one right!

the jury has to come back with murder 1/pre-med due to the utter feat of mental wizardry necessary to believe Travis had a .25 calibre gun. seriously, you'd have to have an IQ of either 50 or 1180 (with the ability to see into the past/perform magic) to believe it.

that's it. everything else is fog.

EVERYTHING hinges on Travis having had a gun...and the same calibre as stolen from arias' grandparents. talk about reasonable doubt.

actually, just mulling that over has made me a little frustrated at the jury's deliberation.

OJ took 5 hours and look what happened. Scott Peterson 9 (or 10) days and DP. We can't always have everything now now now. If they want to be thorough then let them be thorough. A 5 month trial does not non culminate in an immediate verdict...obvious as it may be. I would rather have them do 10 days and come back with the right verdict vs 5 hours and come back with the absolute WRONG verdict.

Well, I hope you're right. Let's pray they do come back with the RIGHT verdict. 'Cause if they don't, oh you bet I'll be on here screamin' and hollerin'.

Probably why I won't follow any more trials! I think of myself as a reasonable person. I get seriously angry and break all of my real world rules for my own behavior.

:seeya: AZWatcher!

So... I take it if this ends up being a hung jury, and this case has to be retried, that you will not be watching... Do I have that right? (I wouldn't blame you.)

If the jury comes back with anything less than Murder 1 for this monster who shall not be named, then I dare say I won't be following any more trials either. I thought I was done after the CA trial, but decided to give mankind and our criminal justice system one more try. This just seems so open & shut to me... If this jury doesn't see Murder 1 here, then I give up. :ohoh:

ITA. The jury foreperson could be a teacher/principal. They want to go from beginning-end. (analytical type).

BTW~ My mom buys Jodi's "fog". :facepalm: But, she's only watched HLN and not as closely as us WS'ers have.

analytical = engineer? i hope...

If this goes to a hung jury, I'm not watching this case again.

and I doubt the state would want to try her again.

If this is a hung jury, they need to find whoever hung it and take a brain sample or something b/c that would be the most dense (in a fog?) person on the planet.

Some people are very against sheriff joe because he is a power hungry racist... Moo.

As I said, I have no in-depth info on him. He may be all of the above (or not), I don't know. I just know that it would appear the inmates in his jail are not abused in any way and have, in some cases, more "freedoms" than many in other jails.

I love your post and agree with you on most of it except I have a problem with the bolded part.

Since Nurmi said this, I've heard so many people changing their minds from premed to a lesser charge. I've heard lots of people say that Nurmi was brilliant to say this because it casts so much doubt over premed.

Why didn't Jodi kill Travis when she first arrived? Why not while watching videos at 4am? Why not while Travis slept?

I have 1 thing to say:

I hope to God that this jury is smart enough to remember that Travis did NOT live alone. I can't imagine anyone would consider murdering someone while there were other people in the house unless they were completely insane or planning on killing them too.

I do agree that it's GREAT defense tactic only as to confuse the jury. Like I said, I hope the jury is smarter than that and has some common sense.

Exactly,,she didnt know for sure if anyone was home untill they went down to the office

Thank you Kaydono - I moved your comments into the Chris/Sky bit up at the top :)

As I said, I have no in-depth info on him. He may be all of the above (or not), I don't know. I just know that it would appear the inmates in his jail are not abused in any way and have, in some cases, more "freedoms" than many in other jails.

Google him online. You will find many MSM articles on the ugly things that go on in his jails.

Quite a few of us have said there's things we know that that jury doesn't so I thought we'd start a list. Is there anything on this list yet that makes you think, if I didn't know that, I would be struggling to make a decision? Not yet for me but it has made me see a lot of the JA history does influence my perception of her....

What do we know that the jury doesn't?

Please cut and paste list - don't quote

old list

You kow what? I don't think there are holdouts. At least, I HOPE there aren't any.

A sudden peace just came over me. Everyone - Juan, the Alexander's, everyone who loves Travis, KCL, our fellow websleuthers, everyone has come together over wanting justice for Travis. The case is entirely in the jury's hands now. I have prayed and prayed and prayed for a Murder 1 Guilty verdict, I can't humanly imagine a lesser sentence. Even if I don't believe in the DP I would still go for Murder 1 and LWOP. I can only hope the jury feels the same, but now all we can do is wait. We are all letting this outcome consume us and it is at times unhealthy.

Tomorrow I am going to go about my daily business, finish painting the furniture I started painting today, take my kiddo to the beach if the weather is nice, busy myself with housework, watch some mindless tv on Netflix, and if a verdict comes, my text messages will notify me. There's no harm in banding together to chat and be with each other while we wait for the verdict, but with all the negative emotions going around and all of the doubting, it's going to drive us crazy!

If / when a verdict is in, I will be here with you all. Hopefully one day soon we will have a Guilty Murder 1 verdict! Hoping for justice for sweet Travis and his family and Nap. Please, justice system, get it right this time. Please.

Oh I wish I could be that calm. But I'm not. I'm anxious, I'll be a nervous wreck 'till the verdict comes in. God, what if it goes past this week?

If I were on that jury I would be beyond furious. It would be really ugly in there!

I'd start out explaining like the idiot was two years old, if that didn't work....I'd be jumping up and down screaming "gas cans" repeatedly until they caved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 1 lady on Dr Drew who always has this "pained" or "disturbed" expression on her face drives me CRAZY !!! :) I dont think she realizes how she comes across on TV, but she needs to work on presentation. LOL

analytical = engineer? i hope...

I ALSo said I think the foreman is telling them to go through testimony/evidence from Day 1 to Day 50whatever. And I pray it's not a teacher...wasn't the Casey foreman a teacher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb