verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were on that jury I would be beyond furious. It would be really ugly in there!

I'd start out explaining like the idiot was two years old, if that didn't work....I'd be jumping up and down screaming "gas cans" repeatedly until they caved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were in my group, I'd put you in a time out. :snooty:

BBM:
I second the recommendation that you listen to that show. It definitely paints a fuller picture of JA/Travis relationship and some of the shady things JA was doing even early in their relationship. It is also VERY touching when CH talks about Travis and what what Travis would say if he were here now.

PS many were asking where you were earlier. You were missed!

BBM

Work on your aim and it'll eventually happen for you. :giggle:

OT - the repeat of Greta on the three women is on again. Worth watching if you are interested in that case.....

Woop! Add to the list:

* All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE
* All the things JA's parents said about JA in interrogation tapes
* Photos of JA in her Superman shirt with Bobby Juarez and other photos w/same
* Close-up photo of Travis with his father when young wearing his Spiderman underwear
* Video of friend that went shooting with Travis and said that TA never owned a gun
* Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent
* Police records that Travis's tires had been slashed (?)
* The fact that Travis willed his dog and his library to Deanna

Just off the top of my head...There is much more.....

Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent BBM

:cupcake: MARTHA STEWART she is NOT!! :cupcake:

I did like NG backhand that guy for making a remark about "don't ruin your manicure yet".

i had to LOL. A few times.

I think Jodi started setting the stage for something, maybe not the murder yet...or maybe she did (like someone else already suggested) when that U-Haul pulled out of Mesa...Isn't this when she broke his BMW from improperly hooking up to it? More like she did it on purpose, cause Jodi is the one with road rage and temper tantrums. ... to get back at Travis. He wouldn't let her stay in Mesa. That's also why she picked a fight with her momma, kicked her and sent her on home after she brought her some money and packed for her, so she could try to manipulate Travis into letting her move in for good.
That didn't work out, so Jodi probably did start plotting all the way back to her small G-parents' house and dismal jobs. Someone always pays in Jodi's world.

Jodi is like a disease spreading, blood sucking tick.

If I remember correctly (ie: sans fog) the BMW was not JA's fault, nope, the guy at U-Haul helped her hook it up and told her to leave it in gear. Yup, sure did, uh huh! :floorlaugh:

:laughcry:

I love the Quagmire references. :giggle: Wasn't there a point where he actually farted on the stand?
Geez, I guess I missed his fart on the stand, but this post has me giggling so hard, I might have farted. :blushing:

I don't think Travis said a 5th grader could take better pictures than her. I think Jodi just said that so she could get the jurors minds to go to the kids' zone again.

So why are Jodi and Nurmi's minds always in that zone...and look who was behind the camera taking kids' or males' pictures. The one never alone with Darryl's kid in 4 years together.

Sleeping and shower pictures seem to be her favorites and pattern.

:floorlaugh:

Dr. Samuels gave Jodi the "Erogenous Zones" book.

OMG! If ever a floor laugh was appropriate it is now! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The book he gave her is Your Erroneous Zones: Step-by-Step Advice for Escaping the Trap of Negative Thinking and Taking Control of Your Life Step by Step Advice for Overcoming

If it had been Erogenous Zones he would have REALLY had some explaining to do about his relationship with JA! :floorlaugh:

e·rog·e·nous (-rj-ns)

adj.
1. Responsive or sensitive to sexual stimulation: erogenous zones.
2. Arousing sexual desire.

I'm sure it was a result of a typo or being tired but holy cow did this set off the giggles... thank you!

I've always thought it a good idea to have a '13th juror'. A person with legal knowledge that could just listen in and when questions arise about the jury instructions, or explain reasonable doubt, ect. I would think that there are people on every jury that doesn't understand the law that well.

Now, this is a SUPER IDEA. Always have a 13th non-bias legal "expert" present to help with any questions or suggestions. I think jurors are probably reluctant to ask a bailiff/judge at times, so having someone sit in would be perfect.

It would also be a perfect opportunity for 4th year or more law students to volunteer to be the 13th person as part of their training. Maybe have that as part of the law degree curriculum that they have to participate for X number of hours while pursuing their degree. But would have to be in their 4th year to ensure good training already.

For everyone going to bed in the US, make sure you watch the Google Doodle tomorrow (8th May) for Saul Bass. It's really good!

It helps that I love "Unsquare Dance", it reminds me of when one of my kids was having a hard time grasping 7/4 time and finally conquered it through this song ('Money' helped as well).

Jodi Arias threatened to expose the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints if her case went to trial.

She was exploiting a cultural element present in Mormon society which says that church members should never do anything to put the church in bad light. She is suggesting that the Alexander family should "save" the church by taking her plea.

It has nothing to do with Travis being important in the church (which he was not). It has to do with her threatening to expose some of the sexual excuses that single young people use as rationalizations to have sex. All these anal/oral rationalizations have been thoroughly discussed in the church in the seventies. It was parsed to death and specific instructions were given that ALL sexual conduct is prohibited, not just vaginal intercourse.

So what is she exposing? That young men rationalize premarital sex to young women who are new members? Maybe, so what? It is nothing that hundreds of thousands of other young people have done, been forgiven and gone on with their faithful Mormon lives. Not exactly a revelation.

It is not Travis Alexander who is thought to be so important, it is her, Jodi Arias, the one with secrets. I believe that this beeyotch has kept every old boyfriend she ever had tied to her leather dominatrix belt by the secrets she knew about them. She is very comfortable with blackmail. This is how she has manipulated all these men (notice the lack of women?) She gets them to go along with her "creative" sex ideas and then threatens to tell their wives and their girlfriends that they made her take it up the a$$ or whatever (and ruin their present relationship).

So its nothing for her to threaten the whole male-dominated Mormon church with the idea that she has secrets they might not want revealed.

There is nothing that bishop didn't already know. The members all rat on each other and especially if a blonde bombshell showed up sucking ears and licking necks--are you kidding? There would be tire marks on the pavement those ladies would be reporting that so fast!

I am so glad the Alexander family didn't shake like chihuahuas when the three hold wonder did her fear dance.

Poor Travis missed the fourth hole, doncha know? The one in her head that makes her think she's going to get away with this.

Anagrammy, awesome post!
ITA, and you have really tied everything together. How JA operates. FGS, why oh why couldn't forensics get info off her darn computers, destroyed or not. Thanks for all your posts, they are so thought-provoking.

Probably why I won't follow any more trials! I think of myself as a reasonable person. I get seriously angry and break all of my real world rules for my own behavior.

But I do:

I followed Drew Peterson conviction

I followed Jason Young conviction

I followed James Michael Biela conviction

I followed Conrad Murray conviction

I followed the Christopher Coleman conviction

I followed the Brad Cooper conviction

ETC.

Quite a few of us have said there's things we know that that jury doesn't so I thought we'd start a list. Is there anything on this list yet that makes you think, if I didn't know that, I would be struggling to make a decision? Not yet for me but it has made me see a lot of the JA history does influence my perception of her....

What do we know that the jury doesn't?

Please cut and paste list - don't quote

JA tweets
Dr. Samuels sent her 8(?) greeting cards. (Thanks SD)
fake pedo letters (Thanks Midwest Mama)
Travis and the spidies photo with his dad
Knives and gun found in hire car (Thanks mobius99)
JA's 2nd degree murder plea and threat to drag Travis through the mud
Interrogation tapes (majority of content)
-mumble things like "still hate me?" and giggle ominously. (Thanks amberjul)
-flipping her hair around and checking her make-up ... (Thanks DGC)
-JA Handstands to get more colour in her face before mug shot/ asking if she could do her makeup to Det Fl when she was arrested and also in the interrogation room
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AS)
JA's parents tapes
- JA's dad saying she was strange
- JA's dad story about how she'd call and abuse her mom
- JA's mom's story about someone calling in the middle of the night to say she needs help/ bipolar
JA kicking/killing doggy boy
Chris Hughes stories
- JA eavesdropping at door/ evil look
- JA sitting at table for further hour after Sky told her to go
- JA telling sky and chris she had a "vision" of her marrying TA. (thank you kaydono)
- JA writing an email to herself, and telling TA it was from her "stalker" and showed Travis to try to get him to tell her to move to AZ (thank you kaydono and Midwest Mama)
"fake- JA never letting TA out of her sight, even when he went to RR, according to Sky/Chris (thank you kaydono)
Some of JA's actions including finger and throat slashing gesture and her family's in court. We see close up because of the camera.s
Nurmi trying to leave the case 1000 times, okay 3 times
Nurmi's mistrial attempts
The HLN "drama" / JM signature saga
JA spiderman t-shirt photo with Bobby J (Thanks AS)
Jailhouse fights ( Thank you S9)
JA potential fraud / tapping into Travis's bank account
JA previously on ticket to go to Cancun (not confirmed)
JA 'art'
Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
Sticking pencils in her shoe... (Thanks amberjul)
MS passing notes to JA's mom
JA's outside 'representative'
Dr D's laptop being stolen
911 call - Mimi and everyone else mentioning JA's name as person of suspicion (Thanks LittleMel)
Travis telling the drs if he didn't ever turn up for lunch on Sunday it was because JA had killed him
Cost of trial
ALV approaching Travis' sister (thanks Midwest Mama)
Whatever ALV was "taken to task" for in chambers (thanks Midwest Mama)
Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letters (thanks Midwest Mama)
JA's mom writing to Nurmi / JA's mom helping to her get hire car
JA's happy smiles when Jury is out of sight (Thanks Davia18)
Tire slashing multiple times of both TA & Lisa's tires, and the email sent to Lisa (Thanks OAZ)
Oh the CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks OAZ)
Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car (Thank you OAZ)
Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA (Thank you OAZ)
That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury) (Thank you OAZ)
Jodi saying in the interrogation interview, "If I killed Travis, If I hurt Travis, I would BEG for the Death Penalty" (Thank you Hildymac)
The number of Expert Witnesses / Psychologists the DT are rumored to have been through
JA pot and potential 'other' history with Bobby J
JA kicking her mom when she was an adult
How unusual the number of approaches and chamber sessions are
Video of friend that went shooting with Travis and said that TA never owned a gun (Thanks AS)
- Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent (Thanks AS)
- The fact that Travis willed his dog and his library to Deanna (Thanks AS)

Last one, and its silly... Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? HMMMMM EWWWWW

For everyone going to bed in the US, make sure you watch the Google Doodle tomorrow (8th May) for Saul Bass. It's really good!

It helps that I love "Unsquare Dance", it reminds me of when one of my kids was having a hard time grasping 7/4 time and finally conquered it through this song ('Money' helped as well).

Thanks for this! It's great. The tribute works on this side of the pond too.

If I remember correctly (ie: sans fog) the BMW was not JA's fault, nope, the guy at U-Haul helped her hook it up and told her to leave it in gear. Yup, sure did, uh huh! :floorlaugh:

It's such a shame that poor Jodi runs into so many people who make her life more miserable - abusive parents, cheating boyfriends, U-Haul guys who ruin the car, trickster skateboarders, not to mention all the dangerous objects that jump into Jodi's path - margarita glasses, apples, and metal on dishwashers, then finally a mean, mean prosecutor who makes her shake like a chihuahua - what's a girl to do???? :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3