verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is HLN promoting JA's tweets like they have an endorsement deal with her?

In that little rotating "news box" it says "Read about JA's men" and "Read JA's tweets!"

Uh. No.

I'm sure the killer appreciates the promotion though...

arias wants to know what Travis' family members and friends etc are going to say in their impact statements is my take:twocents:

Why would that be any of their business? This case never fails to amaze me!

Tulessa said:
Wasn't me! I don't touch race, politics or religion. Grabs a copy of TOS from my siggy JIK~ Free samples for the taking folks!

*itches* Is it against the TOS to change people's quotes? :floorlaugh:

FWIW, info from a quick search on Arizona law and victim impact statements:

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Crime_Victims/victimRights/

Crime Victims’ Bill of Rights

ARIZONA CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS FOR CRIME VICTIMS
ARTICLE II, SECTION 2.1, VICTIMS’ BILL OF RIGHTS

A. To preserve and protect victims' rights to justice and due process, a victim of crime has a right:

1. To be treated with fairness, respect and dignity, and to be free from intimidation, harassment or abuse, throughout the criminal justice process.
2. To be informed, upon request, when the accused or convicted person is released from custody or has escaped.
3. To be present at and, upon request, to be informed of all criminal proceedings when the defendant has the right to be present.
4. To be heard at any proceeding involving a post-arrest release decision, a negotiated plea and sentencing.
5. To refuse an interview, deposition or other discovery request by the defendant, the defendant's attorney, or other person acting on behalf of the defendant.
6. To confer with the prosecution, after the crime against the victim has been charged, before trial or before any disposition of the case and to be informed of the disposition.
7. To read pre sentence reports relating to the crime against the victim when they are available to the defendant.
8. To receive prompt restitution from the person or persons convicted of the criminal conduct that caused the victim's loss or injury.
9. To be heard at any proceeding when any post-conviction release from confinement is being considered.
10. To a speedy trial or disposition and prompt and final conclusion of the case after the conviction and sentence.
11. To have all rules governing criminal procedure and the admissibility of evidence in all criminal proceedings protect victims' rights and to have these rules be subject to amendment or repeal by the legislature to ensure the protection of these rights.
12. To be informed of victims' constitutional rights.

I"ll have to do more research with respect to the motion to disclose victims impact statement. Don't know if the BBM above applies.

Bringing this over, Everybody. We continue to have problems which we are working on (madly, I might add). In the meantime, here is how you can help:

Folks, we're having some server issues today. We were hoping to move to two servers by 'verdict time' but it doesn't look like we're going to make it, but I promise, it's coming soon. Please bear with us.

It's my understanding that it is the weight of the hits that take us down. Another reason is the moving around, page to page and refreshing. It puts a lot of weight on the site.

Members can help if they will refrain from a lot of refreshing of the page. Another way you can help is to set your 'View Per Page' to at least 50.

Instructions are as follows:

Top of the page in the blue bar, click on

> User CP
> Edit Options

Scroll down to Thread Display Options

> Number of Posts to Show Per Page
> Show 50

Scroll all the way down to

> Save Changes

Making the above changes will help considerably. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope we don't have any problems, but in the event, we do, please know we're on it and we're working at keeping the site up.

Our IT Tech, is our super hero and has already come to our aid at least once today.

Sorry, I had to lock the thread for a minute, but I needed your attention.

Thanks everyone and let's hope for swift justice in this case!

The Lord has made Himself known: He works judgment; the wicked man is snared by his own devices. (Psalm 9)

A couple of folks here asked me to post this frequently, so that's why I'm doing it. I take comfort in reading the Psalms and have been reading them daily since the jury began deliberations.

Hoping and praying for justice for Travis' family :please:

Text and color added....

Snipped.......
*It is a persistent mystery why she did not put a bullet squarely between his eyes or through the temple to kill him instantly.

*JA wanted the up close and personal murder. Knife him to death while watching him squirm in pain. That's why she didn't knife him in the back in the beginning

ITA Bernina.

Imo, what it does show though that even after going through all the stabbing acts and slitting his throat ear to ear her hand was still steady enough to shoot him right in the forehead.

That shows me she didn't flinch a bit and had nerves of steel when she was completing her mission to murder Travis. She remained calm as a cucumber.

IMO

This is funny and very true w/r to HLN....

@RyanPritch87 Jurors spotted walking...a few of them even thought to be breathing. HLN reporting that they seemed to be alive. #jodiarias

OMG, I am dying :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

The process of voir dire gives both sides a chance to figure out who the "dullards" are. That's the jury screening process and it all takes place in the open, like it should.

You know there are a lot of seemingly bright people on this board who for some reason cannot grasp the concept of time zones and googling to find a link to live streaming. I'm sure they could easily pass any test you throw down. I know I would not want a one of them on a jury hearing my case.

Do your best in voir dire and you get what you get.

I'm not thrilled with the caliber of people on a lot of juries, but pre-testing is just wrong, IMO.

I understand that defence, anyway, wants the dumbest. A general dumbing down is happening, IMO. And the siren call of being special in the media circus.

Imagine? I can just picture her sitting on the couch all done-up offering fresh baked chocolate chip cookies to Travis' friends. :floorlaugh:

Freaky! I saw that on Dr. Drew last night. Even though his show is the only one on HLN I can stomach these days, I still get frustrated with the lack of time they give their guests. It's absurdly short, like less than 2 minutes to talk. What's the point of having them on?

I was so pissed that they cut Deanna off just as she got to the good part of the story, and then never went back to finish it!! Argh. I want to know what she said to Jodi after she offered her the cookies! I can't imagine they had a friendly exchange of words.

FWIW, info from a quick search on Arizona law and victim impact statements:

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Crime_Victims/victimRights/

Crime Victims’ Bill of Rights

ARIZONA CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS FOR CRIME VICTIMS
ARTICLE II, SECTION 2.1, VICTIMS’ BILL OF RIGHTS

A. To preserve and protect victims' rights to justice and due process, a victim of crime has a right:

1. To be treated with fairness, respect and dignity, and to be free from intimidation, harassment or abuse, throughout the criminal justice process.
2. To be informed, upon request, when the accused or convicted person is released from custody or has escaped.
3. To be present at and, upon request, to be informed of all criminal proceedings when the defendant has the right to be present.
4. To be heard at any proceeding involving a post-arrest release decision, a negotiated plea and sentencing.
5. To refuse an interview, deposition or other discovery request by the defendant, the defendant's attorney, or other person acting on behalf of the defendant.
6. To confer with the prosecution, after the crime against the victim has been charged, before trial or before any disposition of the case and to be informed of the disposition.
7. To read pre sentence reports relating to the crime against the victim when they are available to the defendant.
8. To receive prompt restitution from the person or persons convicted of the criminal conduct that caused the victim's loss or injury.
9. To be heard at any proceeding when any post-conviction release from confinement is being considered.
10. To a speedy trial or disposition and prompt and final conclusion of the case after the conviction and sentence.
11. To have all rules governing criminal procedure and the admissibility of evidence in all criminal proceedings protect victims' rights and to have these rules be subject to amendment or repeal by the legislature to ensure the protection of these rights.
12. To be informed of victims' constitutional rights.

I"ll have to do more research with respect to the motion to disclose victims impact statement. Don't know if the BBM above applies.

I'm :fence: ; I sometimes I think she left the camera on purpose as part of her blackmail plan.

Travis was going to expose the REAL evil Jodi and she would lose her chance at a PPL/LDS sugar daddy. I think the May25 texts, it finally dawned on Travis how evil Jodi really is. But, his fatal mistake was to let her in Jun4. She was on her way to see Ryan B. right? Travis once again believe Jodi has moved on to the next one.

She made sure he would pay for his sins and that no one would have him; except her.

In a way, it was a thrill kill. Jodi took pleasure in what she did to Travis. imo

i still think the camera was left on purpose. it wasnt tangled in the sheets in the washing machine, it was left on top.

Amazing that the jurors changed to 10AM. Why? Why not get it over with as soon as possible?

I think there is a holdout. This does not bode well, IMO, for the penalty phase. She is not going to get death. IF there is Murder 1.

I want to be totally wrong.

I think it's time to introduce professional jurors.

I hate that the jurors have shorten their hours because I feel they were already too short but that's not up to me.
A hold out is likely but hopefully it's someone who can be trul convinced of her guilt and brought to see the light!

Me, too :( I hope now that they are coming in at 10 AM rather than 9, that it doesn't mean this is going to drag on until the end of the week :(

I think they are trying to avoid a long commute due to morning rush hour.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 18m
The juror "Captain O'Neil" just came in with red tee and flip flops. He was with two other jurors. They were smiling. #JodiArias

Maybe this is rude and judgemental of me, but those guys didn't offer JA what Travis did. BJ was a bit of a loser, and DB had some baggage imho. Travis was young and shiny and upwardly mobile, and the sky was the limit with him.

So in a sense Travis denied her what she felt entitled to and the others didn't bring nearly as much as he did to the table. So he refused to do what she insisted he do and she killed him for it.

That's what I think. But we have to remember that murderers don't necessarily walk around trying to murder everyone they are involved with. In intimate partner cases like this one it is usually a perfect storm.

Quite a few of us have said there's things we know that that jury doesn't so I thought we'd start a list.

Is there anything on this list yet that makes you think, if I didn't know that, I would be struggling to make a decision? Not yet for me but it has made me see a lot of the history that has influenced my perception of JA and the trial

What do we know that the jury doesn't?

Please cut and paste list - don't quote

JA's Life Pre Trial
JA spiderman t-shirt photo with Bobby J (Thanks AS)
JA pot and potential 'other' drug history with Bobby J/
JA kicking her mom when she was an adult
JA getting a flat tire on way to funeral/After she couldn't get anyone to pick her up at the Airport
JA's sick 'In Loving Memory' tributes to Travis on Youtube, Myspace and FB, and chicken dance tribute (Thanks Karraster)
JA hitting her brother in the head with a bat (Thanks Angel Wings)
Brother saying sex tape was to blackmail Travis It was on his FB. (Thanks Angel Wings)
JA never being left alone with Darryl's son (I think)
JA's transformation to mimic Darryl's Ex: Implants, hair color, type of vehicle (per Chris Hughes)
Her Myspace page (and TA page) as she has numerous pics there of her and TA...............while TA only has a couple. (Thanks TVI)
Other content of JA's diary (Thanks TVI) Any examples appreciated! +
JA stopped believing in the law of attraction at the end of 2007

Travis's Life
Travis and the spidies photo with his dad
Travis telling the drs if he didn't ever turn up for lunch on Sunday it was because JA had killed him

JA Interrogation/ Court
JA potential fraud / tapping into Travis's bank account
JA previously on ticket to go to Cancun (not confirmed)
JA 'art' / tracing famous ads and pictures, and being sold on ebay

Interrogation tapes (majority of content)
-mumble things like "still hate me?"(or "still beat you....brat") and giggle ominously. (Thanks amberjul)
-flipping her hair around and checking her make-up ... (Thanks DGC)
-JA Handstands to get more colour in her face before mug shot/ asking if she could do her makeup to Det Fl when she was arrested and also in the interrogation room
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AS)
JA's 2nd degree murder plea and threat to drag Travis through the mud
JA kicking/killing doggy boy

Some of JA's actions including finger and throat slashing gestures at JM and her stalker looks at JW and her family's in court. We see close up because of the cameras.
JA messing around with JW's chair (Thanks Dewey)
Jailhouse fights ( Thank you S9)
Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? HMMMMM EWWWWW (Thanks Kaydono)
Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
Sticking pencils in her shoe... (Thanks amberjul)
JA's happy smiles when Jury is out of sight (Thanks Davia18)
Jodi saying in the interrogation interview, "If I killed Travis, If I hurt Travis, I would BEG for the Death Penalty" (Thank you Hildymac)
JA tweets from jail

Travis Family and Friends Evidence

911 call - Mimi and everyone else mentioning JA's name as person of suspicion (Thanks LittleMel)
Tire slashing multiple times of both TA & Lisa's tires, and the email sent to Lisa (Thanks OAZ)
Chris Hughes stories
- JA eavesdropping at door/ evil look
- JA sitting at table for further hour after Sky told her to go
- JA telling sky and chris she had a "vision" of her marrying TA. (thank you kaydono)
- JA writing an email to herself, and telling TA it was from her "stalker" and showed Travis to try to get him to tell her to move to AZ (thank you kaydono and Midwest Mama)
"fake
- JA never letting TA out of her sight, even when he went to RR, according to Sky/Chris (thank you kaydono)
- The truth behind the 'abuse' emails
Video of friend that went shooting with Travis and said that TA never owned a gun (Thanks AS)
Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent (Thanks AS)
The fact that Travis willed his dog and his library to Deanna (Thanks AS)
TA's "issues" were fear of commitment and accepting love, NOT abuse from childhood (per Deanna)
JA flirting and carrying on with single and married men in an attempt to get TA jealous
Continually "dogging" Skye that TA wouldn't "commit"
Hacking TA's computer so all his email was forwarded to her
Joshua Freeman's suicide on the day of JA's arrest (her likely later source for her "pedophilia story" against TA)

Evidence

Fake pedo letters and Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letter (Thanks Midwest Mama)
Knives and gun found in hire car (Thanks mobius99)
The CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks OAZ)
Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car (Thank you OAZ)
Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA (Thank you OAZ)
That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury) (Thank you OAZ)
How unusual the number of approaches and chamber sessions are
How much of JA's testimony can be linked to movies (A News Junkie Super Sleuthing
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*
- JA taking a yellow folder off of the DT's table and attempting to sit on it, or place it where it has NO BUSINESS being placed. (Thanks Dewey)
- Lots of pages from her journal/diary they do not know (Thanks TVI)
Det Flores report (possibly - Little Mel checking)
The REAL owner of the, uh, "hose" from the cell phone: Darryl

JA's Friends and Family and DT
JA's parents tapes
- JA's dad saying she was strange
- JA's dad story about how she'd call and abuse her mom
- JA's mom's story about someone calling in the middle of the night to say she needs help/ bipolar
- JA's parents telling a lot of things seemed to elevate when she was in 8th grade. The family was moving and Mom couldn't find her tupperware - JA used said Tupperware to grow pot on the roof of the house. The parents called the Sheriff IIRC to give little JA a lesson. (Thanks AS)
- JA's parents telling about her paranoia about her room being searched after being caught with pot , even as an adult
- JA dad saying she was financially in a lot of debt and plans to file for bankrupcy but didn't have the money to do so
-JA never letting he folks visit her after leaving home
-JA telling her father she was going to marry TA while telling him she busted TA cheating

Nurmi trying to leave the case 1000 times, okay 3 times
Nurmi's mistrial attempts
The number of Expert Witnesses / Psychologists the DT are rumored to have been through

MS passing notes to JA's mom
MS passing notes to D (Thanks MM)
JA's outside 'representative' /
Who Donovan is and how they met (Thanks MM)
ALV approaching Travis' sister (thanks Midwest Mama)
Whatever ALV was "taken to task" for in chambers (thanks Midwest Mama)
JA's mom writing to appeal for Nurmi to stay on case / JA's mom helping to her get hire car
MM admitting on social media he'd lie for JA (Thanks MM)
Proxy "Tweets" from JA about the Prosecution

Gus Searcy testimony
Huge amount of negative press to ALV/ book reviews
RS taking his website down after trial
Collecting donations on that other site, domestic violence ribbons, "survivor" shirts..

Other Social Media
The HLN "drama" / JM signature saga
JC's putting her nose where it does not belong, shooting off her mouth, causing her to have to testify and possibly creating grounds for a mistrial. (Thanks Dewey)

Other
Dr D's laptop being stolen
Cost of trial

It's a great list but not one thing on there made me think jodi is guilty. To me, the intensive evidence of premeditation and her interrogation tapes did it. The media interviews helped but the jury saw most of those.

Then, the sex tape and the total lack of any logical, credible evidence pointing to self defense or to Travis being sexually or physically abusive, sealed the deal.

I think it's easy to lose perspective but we have this one in the bag.

I am going to upset some people, but if this jury comes back with anything less than M1 than the system needs to be changed. Do we even know what type of people we are dealing with on that jury???

In the future all jurors need to be fingerprinted, background checks need to be done, and an MMPI needs to be performed.

It's a roll of the dice with juries. But I am certain that the very worst that could happen is a hung jury. If that happens, Juan gets another crack with a fresh jury and jodi is wedded to her prior, ridiculous testimony.

This monster is going to be found guilty.

If the verdict is less than M1, it would almost be as if the jury is saying that Alexander at least sort of deserved it, all because he told her the truth about what she was, using that "abusive language." It may not boil down to that, but thats what its gonna feel like. 30 stab wounds, slit throat, shot to the face, all sort of okay because he hurt her feelings?

The Lord has made Himself known: He works judgment; the wicked man is snared by his own devices. (Psalm 9)

A couple of folks here asked me to post this frequently, so that's why I'm doing it. I take comfort in reading the Psalms and have been reading them daily since the jury began deliberations.

Hoping and praying for justice for Travis' family :please:

It really helps. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members