Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC [video=twitter;743100409112330240]https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC/status/743100409112330240[/video]
Goodman says one of the jurors has fallen ill and is seeking medical treatment. They are suspending the proceedings until he returns. #Bosma

Thats exactly it right there. When Millard is arrested Smich becomes the quarterback, calling all the plays. He does not tell AM to bring the weed, he tells him to first get what Haggerman has. So if the intention is for Millard to frame Smich, why would he tell Smich the gun was with Haggerman? How did Smich know? And more importantly, why would he want it given his story about how he was innocent of everything but cleaning up? Doesn't make sense.

Well only 2 people knew Hagerman had the toolbox. Hagerman & Millard. So either Millard told Smich, or Michalski was lying yet again, and Millard told him too. Either way, even Smich testified that he did tell AM to get the drugs out of the house.

Correction: 3 people. CN also knew. :thinking:

Oh boy, I have a feeling at this rate we won't be hearing the verdict this week at all.

Complete speculation on my part, but it seems to me that the guys on their drive to dump off the stuff likely had the news on and turned up waiting to hear anything. (Then again, it was his parents car IIRC , so it may not have had his music/cd in the car player.)

Those guys would totally have been tuned in to the news. They knew how hot this was, thats why neither were using their own cars and why they refused to meet directly with Smich.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
He tells them as they're no doubt aware, one of their colleagues has fallen ill. Judge says he anticipates he'll be back shortly. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 6m6 minutes ago
The judge says he hopes the juror will be back soon and in "good order." #TimBosma

Jury is being brought back in. #Bosma

In reply to Susan Clairmont
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
@susanclairmont Male JUROR

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
Judge confirms one of juror has fallen ill, is being treated. Suspending duties for a short period of time. jury being brought in.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Judge says one of the jurors has fallen ill and is seeking medical attention. The proceedings have been suspended until he's back. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Goodman says he hopes the juror will be back "in short order." #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Judge tells court a male jury has fallen ill and is seeking medical attention. Proceedings will be suspended. Jury being brought in. #Bosma

"One of the jurors has fallen ill" Justice Goodman says "and is now seeking medical treatment. We will suspend the proceedings" #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
#Bosma juror is ill and seeking medical treatment. Deliberations suspended for day.

Goodman says one of the jurors has fallen ill and is seeking medical treatment. They are suspending the proceedings until he returns. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 6m6 minutes ago
this is the 2nd interruption.Earlier a woman barged in. Said a prayer. And was removed. left saying "that's all i had to say. I'm on my way"

Jury dismissed.

Jury's here. Judge tells them they're taking a break and not to discuss the case until their colleague returns. #TimBosma

In the meantime, the deliberations are suspended. They will wait in the jury room. #Bosma

Justice Goodman speaking for jury. "We anticipate he will be back shortly." Directs jury not to discuss case until colleague returns. #Bosma

"We anticipate he'll be back shortly," Goodman says. #TimBosma #Bosma "You must not discuss this case in the jury room."

Well only 2 people knew Hagerman had the toolbox. Hagerman & Millard. So either Millard told Smich, or Michalski was lying yet again, and Millard told him too. Either way, even Smich testified that he did tell AM to get the drugs out of the house.

Correction: 3 people. CN also knew. :thinking:

Who you going to believe, Smich or AM?

It's ridiculous that they need to re-listen to all this testimony. Like where were they during this, sleeping? This is not even a major part of the case, this is what happened after the fact.

It may appear like a waste initially. I don't even like the thought of re-reading it....but every time I just settle in and do it, I hear something new or it means something new because everything is different in hindsight.
I actually think it is likely a wise idea if the the jurors are literally going through everything from beginning to end ... and that includes the luxury this time, of stopping and asking questions when something still is not clear. Surely after sitting in silence and listening dutifully knowing the decision they are required to make.....they now are entitled to ask all the questions they feel they need to.

So no more deliberations today?

I was so hoping for the verdict sometime this week. Next week I will be out of cell service range for part of the week so will miss anything going on most likely.:gaah:

this is the 2nd interruption.Earlier a woman barged in. Said a prayer. And was removed. left saying "that's all i had to say. I'm on my way"

Jury dismissed.

Jury's here. Judge tells them they're taking a break and not to discuss the case until their colleague returns. #TimBosma

In the meantime, the deliberations are suspended. They will wait in the jury room. #Bosma

Justice Goodman speaking for jury. "We anticipate he will be back shortly." Directs jury not to discuss case until colleague returns. #Bosma

"We anticipate he'll be back shortly," Goodman says. #TimBosma #Bosma "You must not discuss this case in the jury room."

Hmm....Define shortly. A few hours? A day? At what point will they just dismiss the juror? Meanwhile....we all wait. (Although, I suppose it's not the juror's fault).

Jury dismissed.

Wow this is getting so tense. I can't even imagine how torturous this must be for all involved and the pressure on the Jury must be over the top. IMHO, like I've said before, I think at least 50% of them believe beyond a reasonable doubt that the Crown has proven it's case- now having to take breaks because of illness etc and be sequestered until a verdict is reached- I can only imagine the stress and tension. MOO

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 5m5 minutes ago
so to clarify. One jury is being treated for a sudden illness. Deliberations have been suspended. If they had to they can deliberate w 10.

Sorry for delay but I'm having trouble tweeting. #Bosma deliberations suspended for sick juror

The weight on the jurors is very significant. First they had to listen to the evidence, some of it very disturbing, then had to look at DM and MS for 4 months, in the same room as SB and Bosma army. Now, with the decision / verdict in their hands, and the potential for differing interpretation among the jury members, the stress would be culminating. Stress can cause physical illness.

Hoping that the ill juror is able to return soon and the verdicts may be reached without disagreement among the jurors.

Millard keeps staring at Smich. His hair looks like it was cut with a bowl and a dull knife. Smich's hair is slickly gelled.

I had to Laugh at this one! Maybe the barber was afraid DM would steal his sharp scissors!

I like hearing what DM and MS are doing in court, but I feel some sympathy for them when the reporters bash what they are wearing (I'll fitting clothing) or how awful their hair cuts are. IMO, I think the should keep that stuff out. I have no clue why I feel this way, I just do.

The weight on the jurors is very significant. First they had to listen to the evidence, some of it very disturbing, then had to look at DM and MS for 4 months, in the same room as SB and Bosma army. Now, with the decision / verdict in their hands, and the potential for differing interpretation among the jury members, the stress would be culminating. Stress can cause physical illness.

Hoping that the ill juror is able to return soon and the verdicts may be reached without disagreement among the jurors.

That's why they get paid the big bucks.....

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7m7 minutes ago
Update: deliberations in the #Bosma trial have been put on hold because one of the jurors is sick. Judge expects he'll be back "shortly."

Millard keeps staring at Smich. His hair looks like it was cut with a bowl and a dull knife. Smich's hair is slickly gelled.

I had to Laugh at this one! Maybe the barber was afraid DM would steal his sharp scissors!

I like hearing what DM and MS are doing in court, but I feel some sympathy for them when the reporters bash what they are wearing (I'll fitting clothing) or how awful their hair cuts are. IMO, I think the should keep that stuff out. I have no clue why I feel this way, I just do.

Yep, I wish we allowed cameras in the courtroom. I'm interested to see what these guys look like today as well.

Hmm....Define shortly. A few hours? A day? At what point will they just dismiss the juror? Meanwhile....we all wait. (Although, I suppose it's not the juror's fault).

The juror has probably been sent to St. Joe's emergency room with a police officer or a court constable to get checked out and if it isn't anything too serious will be back once the hospital releases them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon