Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has a video playing the background of Tim playing around/dancing with his baby that is worth seeing.

That video is sweet. Tim's daughter looks like she is fussing and he is trying to make her smile. I had the biggest smile on my face watching that albeit with tears in my eyes.

Well said. I saw lots of MSs testimony. IMO, I would see him be asked questions (in cross) that he couldn't really answer because he wasn't allowed to. Eg. I saw him start answering and look at the judge before continuing to make sure he could proceed. During a recess IIRC he was asking if he could comment on IIRC something to do with gun(s). I felt like at times "his hands were tied" ps Please excuse the wording

To me, I didn't look at it at all the way LH described. However, she may be referring to a time that I missed. However, I have a feeling it is moreso a difference of perception. Speculation : what LH may have looked at as cunning, I looked at as being detail oriented and/or precise (in certain statements) especially when Sawchuk was cross examining him and IMO asking somewhat inappropriate and nonsensical questions repeatedly, MS seemed detail oriented and careful- kept answers brief as I'm sure he was coached to

Agreed. I also saw a fair amount of his testimony and I feel that LH was really stretching her story there.

Listening to AP on CHML earlier, she was asked about the stuff she can't talk about... Her reply texts lots of texts. One of the curious things she said was, we will be surprised how those letters got out. (?) thought we knew? Oh and for all those wondering, she was asked about those hoses. Her response was, think they were just hoses, and really didn't have anything to do with the case.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/06/1...-judge-she-was-visited-by-deceased-in-a-dream

Found this, another case.

I am searching for confirmation of this and haven't had luck yet, however, my Mom just called me to say that on AM640 this morning, on the John Stafford show, John told that the last female juror who the judge released from the jury wrote a note telling the judge that she didn't think she could deliberate fairly, because she was a medium and had a vision of what really happened to Tim, and could not let that vision go. Did anyone else hear anything about this? Off to keep searching ... Don't want to spread misinformation ... FWIW

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh and for all those wondering, she was asked about those hoses. Her response was, think they were just hoses, and really didn't have anything to do with the case.

If the hoses had nothing to do with the case then they should have never been introduced into the trial. I always listen to AP with a grain of salt.

Get yourself to the library, then! It's worth a watch, even though most of it has been recapped by WS posters. It has a video playing the background of Tim playing around/dancing with his baby that is worth seeing.

Oh I will definitely watch when I get home. I'm in the middle of nowhere at work with less than stellar equipment :rolleyes:

Wow, wow, wow! The behind the scenes comments from court staff were very revealing regarding DMs antics. Regarding the 'insect like' demeanour, the child like temper tantrum over not being allowed to bring his serial killer book/religious materials to his trial and his outburst over MS taking the stand, it doesn't sound like he has progressed beyond the attention seeking oddball child that his classmates referred to after he was arrested. Little did they know that he would become an 'alleged' serial killer!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has probably already been suggested, but they should have let DM bring his serial killer book into the courtroom. It could have saved the Crown a lot of work in having proving his guilt!

Deleting some misinformation. Please accept my apology.

I'm not sure why my work blocked the Calgary Sun website. I guess I should be wary about my usage considering it recently includes watching the MS and MWJ videos. Those weren't blocked, but probably should have been.

Mrs.T, you just changed your post but I was going to ask XiolaBlueX to weigh in. I thought she attended Day 1 of the judges charge when the juror asked to be excused. Also, no reporter said why. I believe it was reported that the judge didn't give a reason except that it was for personal reasons that they wished not to be disclosed. I could see why if this was the case. JMO.

Thinking about the second gun and the picture what was edited. Sounds like tampering with evidences by all parties. Should the picture shown as original? If there was the second gun in with unknown history than it must be said though.

The CBC moderator Conrad Collaco for today's FB chat asked the panel why so many people who didn't even know TB or his family connected to this trial.

CC: "What do you think it is about this story that so deeply connects with people?"

bbm I love AC's response! "Because Tim is everybody. Everyone out there has tried to sell something online. Everyone has done something as innocuous as he was doing. Everyone can put themselves in his shoes. And I think that's what makes it so terrifying for so many people is 'cause they can all place themselves right there with him and that makes it just so terrifying."

All MOO.

For myself it started with my personal connection to the geography. I have connection with Brantford, proximity with the Waterloo hangar, and more recently I had to be in the Ancaster Mt. Hope airport area and drove right past the Yukon parking scene. I saw the City News van go past the house the night they discovered the hangar was involved.

My interest, as with many, started with being a lookout for the truck and continued with trying to help put pieces together via sleuthing and being intrigued with the multiple paths this took.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Ah yes. The hose. Running water for hours on end at one of Millard's properties. Crown entered it because... 1/2

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
2/2 they weren't sure of its significance but thought it might be important. But maybe not.

@susanclairmont Why did Goodman remove the end of the gun-buy text conversation? Seems relevant evidence considering it was the murder weapo

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Which murder though? That's the problem.

Can anyone tell me which of the accused will have their verdict read to first? @susanclairmont @AlexpiersonAMP @AdamCarterCBC

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 52s52 seconds ago
Likely Millard, as his name appears first on the indictment.

@susanclairmont Just wondering why the second gun was considered inadmissible evidence? Great job reporting.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Only evidence involving .380 allowed because it matches shell in #Bosma truck.

This is about Smich ... a lot of people (including me) started out with the impression he was just a lazy pothead looking for an easy way thru life but when he took the stand I was surprised how quick witted he was and even Pillay could not make a dent in him.

Makes me think he was a lot more deeply involved in the planning than just a helper-driver. I noticed the CBC reporters mentioned the same thing on their live chat

Anyone else get the impression that MS is a heck of a lot smarter that he pretends to be ??

@susanclairmont Just wondering why the second gun was considered inadmissible evidence? Great job reporting.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Only evidence involving .380 allowed because it matches shell in #Bosma truck.

hmmm....so let's say they found NO shell casing.....would NO gun evidence have been allowed? That seems.....just wrong....

hmmm....so let's say they found NO shell casing.....would NO gun evidence have been allowed? That seems.....just wrong....

We will never know though. Because a shell casing WAS found, they I guess had their hands tied about which gun was admissible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikchan