Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, DM, what happened to the well mannered inmate the guards liked from your letters to CN? Have the beatings increased and he needs more protection? I won't pretend to know what it's like inside but I've heard from people that work in corrections that this type of stuff is normal but it's usually harder drugs. JMO.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Now he really gets to do scarier stuff fulltime.

Presumably if they're appealling, they don't like the verdict...

Obviously, whenever they appeal they didn't like the verdict. The point is that they can't appeal JUST because they don't like the verdict.

I predict that this question from the jury will have something to do with the gun. Any other guesses?

All MOO.

Funny how we are not privy to jury deliberations but we are allowed to know what questions they have for the judge.

Does everybody believe they could be impartial jurors in this case? I believe I could be in this case, but I can almost certainly think of cases where I know I couldn't be. A recent one was the Forcillo case. Just enrages and disgusts me every time I think about it. I literally have a visceral hatred for his face, which I think I might have had in any circumstance. Something fundamentally there in a very negative way for me. I totally would have had to recuse myself for that.

I have learned I would take a notebook and make my own handwritten spread sheet. I think at the end of every day I would declare which way I was swayed that day and why.

I received a jury duty questionnaire last fall and the issue for me would be getting up early every day to get there. I'm a nighthawk. :)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s26 seconds ago
Courtroom is fairly crowded as we wait for the jury to come back with its second question since beginning deliberations yesterday. #Bosma

I predict that this question from the jury will have something to do with the gun. Any other guesses?

All MOO.

Thinking about Inspector North's post last night ... Still laughing about it ...

Perhaps their question might be:

Was the truck filled with gas or diesel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What kind of reasons would be acceptable to leave a jury at this stage of the game? Can you just say I can't do this anymore I am too anxious, upset, stressed, etc etc?? Do you have to get permission to leave? Hypothetically speaking if a person got a notification for jury duty and then was told that they didn't have to go but should remain on call could this person be called in to replace the juror leaving? How do they find jurors that don't know anything about this case? Are the jurors from Ottawa or something?

The first day an alternate was placed. That would be the person on hold "Justice Goodman telling jury he needed to excuse one juror this morning. An alternate will move into that spot. #Bosma Feb 01, 2016

It probably depends on how far in if they would add an alternate. I'd assume no alternate after evidence had started.

One juror had to be taken out with wheelchair early on. I believe it was temporary. As for at this stage how to get out of it, how about becoming pregnant or diagnosed with a serious disease?
Jurors are chosen from the city the case is to be held in. Even you could get called for jury duty.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont [video=twitter;742870894528364544]https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/status/742870894528364544[/video] Courtroom is fairly crowded as we wait for the jury to come back with its second question since beginning deliberations yesterday. #Bosma

1 retweet 1 like

DM had no purpose in life. He wandered aimlessly, doing a bit of this and a bit of that. IMO no purpose is a recipe for disaster, particularly when paired with bad parenting and too much money. When TB was murdered I was really upset that a person of such privilege would do this and hoped it would come out that it was not him. As it quickly became clear that he was part of this murder it felt very obvious to me that his whole life leading up the the event set him up for it.
Naturally I think he should spend every last minute of his life behind bars for what he has done and part of me hopes he has a really hard time in there but I also wonder what would have happened if he had been raised by someone else in some other situation. I strongly believe they should both be found guilty. MOO

I feel some sorrow for the man. I think he probably never really had a chance to live a free life for the whole of his life and that his perceptions are distorted by a personality disorder, or some kind of brain damage. The bad just feels baked into him in a way even he can't be in touch with.

If he were the guy at Home Depot working in the lumber section, I'd feel sorrow for him. He's not that guy. He's a guy charged with killing 3 fellow human beings for whatever personal gain each murder afforded him. He has zero regard for human life if it gets in his way of what he wants. I feel zero sorrow for either Dellen Millard or Mark Smich. Both had opportunities to make decent men of themselves, and both chose not to.

I received a jury duty questionnaire last fall and the issue for me would be getting up early every day to get there. I'm a nighthawk. :)

If I could trade having to live with a walker the rest of my life over a few weeks or months of jury duty, I would happily take the jury duty.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 32s33 seconds ago
Back in court, just waiting on Justice Goodman/the jury. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt #sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur