***VERDICT WATCH*** Jimmy Rodgers Trial Thread (livestream) Days 1-11 2019.10.10-22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we get started today, I want to thank those who are posting tweets! I am spread thin handling emails, verifications, while trying to watch the trial and dealing with other everyday responsibilities. I would never be able to keep up with all the tweets, too. I am SO grateful for you guys who are posting! THANK YOU!

1. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 19s19 seconds ago
    First FBI expert is back on the stand, this time in front of the jury. Took a half day to get here. She's an expert in trace evidence for the federal bureau. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

2. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 2m2 minutes ago
    You know it's been awhile when the male jurors start to bring jackets. (And you know it's seriously that cold.) #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 2m2 minutes ago

Items of evidence in the trace processing unit are processed in specialized rooms, Otterstatter said. She is explaining how cross examination between evidence is prevented.

Thanks. Twitter will use this to make your timeline better. Undo
Undo

1. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 2m2 minutes ago
    I just saw a word from the FBI power point that was longer than 20 letters I think. #trialtweets #science #fbitraceevidence

2. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 5m5 minutes ago
    FBI expert is an expert in rope and twine and hair and fiber trace evidence. (I warned you yesterday that this will be SUPER science focused. I'll be confused soon and likely will stop tweeting.) Detailing fiber now. #trialtweets #nbc2courtcoverage #imareporter #notascientist

Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 3m3 minutes ago

These fibers are consistent with originating from the blue jumpsuit found on the side of the road in Missouri, Otterstatter said. They have the same microscopic characteristics, she said.

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like
Undo

• Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 4m4 minutes ago

Otterstatter said the fibers from the jumpsuit matched trace evidence from vacuum sweepings of the floor in the Hyundai Elantra, a tape lift of the dress Teresa Sievers was wearing when she was found dead, a tape lift of the left leg of Teresa Sievers.

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like
    Undo

1. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 1m1 minute ago
    In case you forgot, Lt. Michael Downs testified last week that Rodgers then-girlfirend Taylor Shomaker led investigators to the blue jumpsuit and pieces of a broken cellphone on the side of the road in Missouri.

2. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 2m2 minutes ago
    To simplify things, the FBI expert is testifying that trace evidence fibers recovered from Teresa Sievers' dress, leg and the Hyundai Elantra matched fibers pulled from the blue jumpsuit found on the side of the road from Missouri.

"These fibers are consistent with originating from item 32 (the blue jumpsuit)," Otterstatter said of trace evidence nylon fibers compared to fibers from the blue jumpsuit.

She was previously talking about cotton fibers. She reached the same conclusion with both types of fibers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly