VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So TexMex can you clarify for my peace of mind, nudes that were recovered had exif data that corroborates the day of the murder?

Yes. They did. I think 2 didn't but both sides agree the pics were taken btwn 1:40 and 2pm June 4, 2008
The shower pics are verified as well.

But the memory card had photos Travis took- napoleon and such? And her memory card would have exif data from her camera?

If the dog pics were also from the camera, then thats a good point too. I know LE got some pics from his PC and I think that is what gets me so foggy about everything.

If she used the PC to copy from her memory card over to PC and then back onto his own memory card for his camera is maybe another possibility.

It just seems she had to be doing something malicous the way those date/time stamps looked so strange.
We will probably never know for sure. Because she will never tell us exactly what she did.

I do know flipping out camera memory cards is very common. I carry about 3 of them myself whenver I go on vacation just to be able to swap another one in when one is full.
Back in 2008, they didnt have large ones like they do now.

They were rather small on the Megabytes.

Even if she tried to mess with the time and date of the nudes it probably wouldn't have mattered, all that Melendez could recover were the thumbnails, which don't have time and date incorporated into them - they are just a file in the EXIF data (most of which was destroyed in the washing/bleaching). EnCase apparently used info from the memory card to ascertain the time and date of the thumbnails. And since thumbnails are tiny pics of the picture itself, that's more than likely why they look cloudy and dark. But if you put a thumb up next to her selfie taken the day before, does it look like the nude was taken the next day? I see quite a difference in her appearance, it's a dark pic (the thumbnail), her hair should look almost black, not lighter in front and darker on the braids.

View attachment 70291

Oh, and it was taken at Travis', on his bed, the bed clothing is the same. We know she dyed her hair brunette with the front lighter in late March, I think she took these pics before she left for Yreka.

I also think that if she intended to have these nude pics on his camera, she was setting him up so that Mimi would see them while in Cancun and never be his girlfriend (and spoil both their trips) but I tend to think it was accidental, that she had deleted them off that memory card and used it in his new camera for the shower pics, not realizing they could be recovered. It has occurred to me that she may have wanted the nudes found when he was found deceased but I have a hard time fitting a way for her to do that and still look blameless of his murder.

I always think that a snake or lizard tongue is going to pop out of that little round hole between her lips. UGH

One thing that seems obvious is she was real worried about that camera and put it in the washer with bleach.

Since Travis said it was a new one for his trip to Cancun, it kind of points to those sex photos getting on there that day. Whether they took them day OR whether she copied them to his camera card OR maybe even just swapped out a camera card, somehow they got on there that particular day.

Because if it was a new camera I dont see how he would have any of her since I think she was in CA up till that day and since he had just bought it recently.

Maybe they were old photos that she wanted to be on Travis's camera as thumbnails to show that they had sex months prior. I think her fruitful imagination made her conjure up all kinds of things and the sex photos were just an epic fail on her part.

It took 15 days over 5 weeks. They decided guilt and the cruelty factor and life/death

Wait....the entire trial, from guilt phase through the end of the penalty phase deliberations only took 15 court days?

Okay folks we need to stay on topic in this thread. While the rules are relaxed there is already a thread open for chit chat conversations. You all need to take it to the Sidebar and continue your discussions there. This thread is basically for discussions regarding court sessions and the verdict watch. Thanks, Lambchop

Maybe they were old photos that she wanted to be on Travis's camera as thumbnails to show that they had sex months prior. I think her fruitful imaginationmade her conjure up all kinds of things and the sex photos were just an epic fail on her part.

Yup. The bottom line is she messed up somehow, which is good for LE to find them even.

I do wonder if in her mind she was maybe trying to put sex photos on his camera to somehow keep LE from looking at her as a suspect. Like JA saying..."See I am his lover as you can tell from the pics, so why would I want to kill him".

And the double wammy of making any of his girlfriends jealous, and embarrasing Travis of course.

Like you said, her devious mind was probably conjuring up all kinds of reasons to do what she did.

I disagree. If she gets the death penalty they will need to carry her out of the courtroom. It isn't even a possibility in her mind. Plus, I do think on some level she thinks this was a retrial and is going to be found not guilty. She is out there.........

Good post. I agree. I think she really thought this,too. She's delusional.

Wait....the entire trial, from guilt phase through the end of the penalty phase deliberations only took 15 court days?

No. IIRC, the trial took 50 calendar days, but it was only 15 days of actual court time/testimony. I think so anyway.

as this will forever be the BEST part of this trial, please enjoy, LLAMA's-The Remix.

[video=youtube;NEZhfJkBjxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZhfJkBjxc[/video]

Thank You sooooo much for that video! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard:)
Those are fast animals! They are so graceful too. The guy who lassoed it was good too! Wow! The music was perfect:))
Thanks!

Okay folks we need to stay on topic in this thread. While the rules are relaxed there is already a thread open for chit chat conversations. You all need to take it to the Sidebar and continue your discussions there. This thread is basically for discussions regarding court sessions and the verdict watch. Thanks, Lambchop

Sorry Lambie, I didn't see your post before I posted to KCL.

I think they will reach a verdict on Monday. No straw man, just batting your words around and making them my own.:D

I am going for Monday as well. 3 days to sleep on it and put some thought. Although, unfortunately, their last thought was Nurmi's closing.

It was very eerie to drive past Yreka...gorgeous part of the country and very rural feeling/small town. If only she'd just stayed there and rotted.

5 years ago my husband and I ended up at the ER in Yreka when he had a stroke in his eye. (Plaque went to his eye instead of brain) I was surprised to find it was a lovely town , an idylic setting. I have only fond memories of those helpful people at the hospital and remember thinking I would love to live there.

Hi Everyone,

Well, we are finally at the end of the trial. It feels like Jodi Arias has been a part of my life since I can remember. It feels like forever,

When we end up waiting for something to happen we all have a tendency to go off topic on threads.

If you could please stop chatting about things that have nothing to do with Jodi or Travis I would appreciate it.

People from all over the world come to this thread to find out the latest in the case and it's difficult when people have to dig through the chatting to get
to a piece of information.

On behalf of Websleuths thank you for offering your thoughts and ideas on the Jodi Arias case. You stuck with the case and continued to participate on Websleuths for many years. That means a lot.

Thanks again.

Tricia

I agree completely. I cannot understand with a second chance and a new jury why they did not go with insane jealousy, that even though he would tell her to date others and move on she still believed they could get back to the place they were- for a short time in the beginning- happy, traveling, sharing their religion and being in love. That Jodi just couldn't accept it and the fact that he was still having sex with her- she just couldn't see it any other way then that he may have still wanted her.

The reason that crimes of passion can be given a lighter sentence sometimes is because most people can understand what that feels like or can do to your head, heart and thought process.

She could have admitted that SHE had it all wrong but could not see it and really wanted to win him back and beg him to give her a chance to win his love and be his wife. He was actively looking for a wife, why couldn't it be her? She loved him more than she had ever loved anyone before- the others didn't even compare, she wanted his children and a life with him, she couldn't let him go.

She could have said, I got dolled up, died my hair, did my nails, I was working and had a photography business, I was going to get my finances back on track and prove to Travis that I was worthy of his love. I went, he wasn't unhappy to see me- we ended up in bed (like we always did) I felt so close to him, like there was a chance.

I begged him for a chance... to take me to Cancun, I'll make you happy, prove myself to you. She could have said he politely rebuffed her expressed his hope for Mimi or if it didn't work out with Mimi he was going to try one last time to win Lisa back and I snapped- I flipped, something just went nuts in me. I couldn't take it, I attacked him, we started to fight, I had a gun for protection on my trip- I used it, I was jealous with rage- he would have sex with me but didn't want me. I slaughtered him, before I even knew what I was capable of. I hated him, I hated the women, I hated that I wasn't good enough. In the back of my mind I was so filled with confusion, unrequited love and jealousy that I may have even known that if he didn't want me... I couldn't let anyone have him. I loved him... I couldn't handle it... I couldn't handle the rejection.

Why? Why wouldn't they have tried something like that?

Good post! :cheers:

This have been my thought all along. Maybe after this case is closed, we can ask Nurmi why they went with the DV angle.

No. IIRC, the trial took 50 calendar days, but it was only 15 days of actual court time/testimony. I think so anyway.

:). I think we're saying the same thing. 15 days of court time=15 days of actual court time/testimony.

That's even funnier. Total overall trial time of less than 3 months, soup to nuts, only 15 days of in-court time, and only 3 days of DP deliberations must sound like a holiday to these poor JA retrial jurors who spent 5 months and nearly 50 court days on just a penalty phase, deliberation total still to come.

ETA: my very last OT in this thread, I promise. :D

I'm a strong advocate of the DP. Always have been and always will be. In all honesty, yes I could vote DP in a heartbeat if it was warranted and I wouldn’t loose one moment of sleep over it. This is not killing - it’s justice. Now if this was a case where JA snapped and just shot Travis, I would give her LWOP. But premeditation and butchering deserves nothing less the DP.

BBM ~ Not to mention running off 100s of miles to grind another guy to stick to "the plan", and writing letters to the Alexanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula